Suomi - Mantaz

Moderator: Naava

User avatar
Alcadras
Posts: 5508
Joined: 2005-04-16, 11:45
Real Name: Mirac Özdağ
Gender: male
Location: Ankara
Country: TR Turkey (Türkiye)

Postby Alcadras » 2005-10-18, 17:35

i got stuck in these explanations.

:cry:

User avatar
CoBB
Posts: 5265
Joined: 2004-08-26, 8:34
Real Name: PG
Gender: male
Location: An island...
Country: HU Hungary (Magyarország)
Contact:

Postby CoBB » 2005-10-18, 17:39

Varislintu wrote:What lessons would everyone like to have? (I'm not making any promises, though ;).)

I'd love to see a new text. Maybe some kind of narrative where you could use past tense massively. Then you could add an 'author's comments' section. ;)
Tanulni, tanulni, tanulni!

A pő, ha engemély, kimár / De mindegegy, ha vildagár... / ...mert engemély mindet bagul, / Mint vélgaban a bégahur!...

User avatar
Alcadras
Posts: 5508
Joined: 2005-04-16, 11:45
Real Name: Mirac Özdağ
Gender: male
Location: Ankara
Country: TR Turkey (Türkiye)

Postby Alcadras » 2005-10-19, 16:27

yes, it would be great to see new texts.

minun täytyy kohentaa lukeminenni (or lukemineni ? - single n ?)

User avatar
Varislintu
Posts: 15330
Joined: 2004-02-09, 13:32
Real Name: M.
Gender: female
Location: Helsinki
Country: FI Finland (Suomi)

Postby Varislintu » 2005-10-19, 17:20

Alcadras wrote:yes, it would be great to see new texts.

minun täytyy kohentaa lukeminenni (or lukemineni ? - single n ?)


When we say "kohentaa + verbal noun" the verbal noun (sorry if that is the wrong term for it) must be in elative. So:

lukeminen (noun) - the act of reading (noun)
->lukemisen
->lukemista

Minun täytyy kohentaa lukemistani.

Very professional of you to use the word "kohentaa", though, Alcadras :)! It sounds so... native :D.



Was my explanation earlier unclear, or is the whole issue just difficult? (I know it probably is pretty hard.)
Det finns ingen
tröst. Därför
behöver du den inte
(Gösta Ågren)

User avatar
Varislintu
Posts: 15330
Joined: 2004-02-09, 13:32
Real Name: M.
Gender: female
Location: Helsinki
Country: FI Finland (Suomi)

Postby Varislintu » 2005-10-19, 17:23

CoBB wrote:
Varislintu wrote:What lessons would everyone like to have? (I'm not making any promises, though ;).)

I'd love to see a new text. Maybe some kind of narrative where you could use past tense massively. Then you could add an 'author's comments' section. ;)


Hehe, that was exactly what I was planning for the next text ;). I've started so many times, but they always become normal novels with too difficult language :roll:. But I'll try again, then.

EDIT: Whoops, I mean "short stories", not novels. "Novelli" is short story in Finnish, so I always mix them.
Det finns ingen
tröst. Därför
behöver du den inte
(Gösta Ågren)

User avatar
Alcadras
Posts: 5508
Joined: 2005-04-16, 11:45
Real Name: Mirac Özdağ
Gender: male
Location: Ankara
Country: TR Turkey (Türkiye)

Postby Alcadras » 2005-10-19, 18:02

Varislintu wrote:
Alcadras wrote:yes, it would be great to see new texts.

minun täytyy kohentaa lukeminenni (or lukemineni ? - single n ?)


When we say "kohentaa + verbal noun" the verbal noun (sorry if that is the wrong term for it) must be in elative. So:

lukeminen (noun) - the act of reading (noun)
->lukemisen
->lukemista

Minun täytyy kohentaa lukemistani.

Very professional of you to use the word "kohentaa", though, Alcadras :)! It sounds so... native :D.



Was my explanation earlier unclear, or is the whole issue just difficult? (I know it probably is pretty hard.)

only a feature of the verb kohentaa ?
:roll:

User avatar
Varislintu
Posts: 15330
Joined: 2004-02-09, 13:32
Real Name: M.
Gender: female
Location: Helsinki
Country: FI Finland (Suomi)

Postby Varislintu » 2005-10-21, 19:50

Alcadras wrote:only a feature of the verb kohentaa ?
:roll:


No, not only a feature of the verb "kohentaa". Many verbs behave similarly:

Kohentaa lukemista. (improve)
Parantaa lukemista. (make better)
Muistella lukemista. (recall)
Välttää lukemista. (avoid)

I'm sure there's a pattern here, but I can't think of it right now...
Det finns ingen
tröst. Därför
behöver du den inte
(Gösta Ågren)

User avatar
Loiks
Posts: 3174
Joined: 2005-03-17, 16:17
Real Name: Lauri Laugen
Gender: male
Location: Tallinn
Country: EE Estonia (Eesti)

Postby Loiks » 2005-10-22, 18:49

Varislintu wrote: verbal noun" the verbal noun (sorry if that is the wrong term for it)


Tämä on minullekin tuottanut erittäin paljon vaikeuksia, siis miten sitä englantiksi sanotaankin. Ja mikä on se oikea suomenkielinen sana sille, onko se jotakin semmoista: käänteellinen ... ? (viroksi: verbi käändeline vorm)

Anteeksi kun en viitsi nyt kääntää englantiin.

User avatar
Varislintu
Posts: 15330
Joined: 2004-02-09, 13:32
Real Name: M.
Gender: female
Location: Helsinki
Country: FI Finland (Suomi)

Postby Varislintu » 2005-10-25, 9:29

Loiks wrote:
Varislintu wrote: verbal noun" the verbal noun (sorry if that is the wrong term for it)


Tämä on minullekin tuottanut erittäin paljon vaikeuksia, siis miten sitä englantiksi sanotaankin. Ja mikä on se oikea suomenkielinen sana sille, onko se jotakin semmoista: käänteellinen ... ? (viroksi: verbi käändeline vorm)

Anteeksi kun en viitsi nyt kääntää englantiin.


En tiedä mikä sen nimi on; en englanninksi enkä suomeksi ;).

Joskus pitäisi varmaan opiskella vähän näitä termejä :).
Det finns ingen
tröst. Därför
behöver du den inte
(Gösta Ågren)


Return to “Finnish (Suomi)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests