Improving speech

Moderator: JackFrost

Lutrinae

Improving speech

Postby Lutrinae » 2020-01-26, 20:36

Hi guys,

This year I really want to work on my accent, and improve it to the maximum that I can.

I've done some internet research and any tips I can find is things that I already do: watch TV shows/movies in english, live abroad and speak english in your daily life.

I've been living abroad for 10 years altogether, and speaking english every day both at work and in my personal life. (I still have some progress to do with grammar and vocabulary but that can be done by reading and learning at least) Funnily enough, I haven't been around a lot of native speakers, so that might be why I couldn't "shadow" the pronunciation.

I was thinking in learning phonetic too, if that can help, anyone has thoughts about it?

Anyway, for now I was wondering if I could record myself reading some text, and if someone could point out what are the major issues, and possibly how to correct them?
Thanks for any correction :)

Naava
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Improving speech

Postby Naava » 2020-01-26, 21:17

Lutrinae wrote:I was thinking in learning phonetic too, if that can help, anyone has thoughts about it?

Do you mean IPA? If so, why not! It has helped me, maybe it'll help you too. :)

Lutrinae

Re: Improving speech

Postby Lutrinae » 2020-01-26, 21:20

Naava wrote:
Lutrinae wrote:I was thinking in learning phonetic too, if that can help, anyone has thoughts about it?

Do you mean IPA? If so, why not! It has helped me, maybe it'll help you too. :)

Really? Ok that's good! I will look into it then. :)
Thanks for any correction :)

Return to “English”