Kĭelvarta

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators:Ashucky, Dormouse559

Koko
Re: Kĭelvarta

Postby Koko » 2014-04-22, 14:31

The accusative could be -am. Which is taken from Latin's second declension in the singular accusative. Or if this doesn't work you could use -es(from the 5th dec.). The latter could also be the same for the adjective. ex. (arbitrary examples) piedes cones.- spicy green pepper (cones= spicy). This form fits the plural as well :) -esk

Is there a reason you chose ǐ/ǔ for the semi-vowels? I know that some of the influence on your conlang is from Esperanto, but this kind of use of diacritics is just atrocious(IMO) when between vowels and even initially. Do y and w not make suitable companions? (this is just one of the many things I absolutely hate about eo- unnecessary use of diacritics) Sure it's not my conlang, but I needed to ask.

~jakip

Postby ~jakip » 2014-04-22, 15:28

-am is the first declension in the singular accusative. Yes, I like it.
I prefer to put the plural suffix before the accusative suffix ;) Also the adjective that refers to the noun in accusative takes the accusative form.

I used it to maintain a regular (ĭ and ŭ seem to š or ž as diacritics) and more simple reading: dŭapa or dwapa?

Some proverbs:
Maždolhambak rijon - Waterfalls are raining, it rains hard and long.
Ogsŭ hondak algunbeli pisikverson - Even dogs sometimes mewl, everobody makes mistakes.
Native: Italiano (it) C1: Lombard (lmo) Español (es) English (en) A2: Deutsch (de)

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-04-22, 22:21

I see, that makes sense. I must admit that dǔapa looks better than dwapa.

JuxtapositionQMan

Postby JuxtapositionQMan » 2014-04-23, 0:58

[quote="Koko"I know that some of the influence on your conlang is from Esperanto, but this kind of use of diacritics is just atrocious(IMO) when between vowels and even initially. Do y and w not make suitable companions? (this is just one of the many things I absolutely hate about eo- unnecessary use of diacritics)[/quote]What's the problem with Esperanto's diacritics? I'm not trying to start an argument, but how else do the absurd number of sounds fit in without causing ambiguity somewhere?
Well, that was a thing.
speak: [flag=]en[/flag][flag=]eo[/flag]
learning: [flag=]fr[/flag][flag=]de[/flag][flag=]ru[/flag][flag=]pt[/flag][flag=]es[/flag][flag=]ro[/flag][flag=]art-jbo[/flag]
hiatus: [flag=]fi[/flag][flag=]it[/flag][flag=]la[/flag][flag=]wa[/flag][flag=]sv[/flag][flag=]eu[/flag][flag=]zh.Hans[/flag][flag=]is[/flag]
want to learn: [flag=]fo[/flag][flag=]be[/flag][flag=]ko[/flag][flag=]he[/flag][flag=]sw[/flag][flag=]hi[/flag][flag=]tr[/flag][flag=]nl[/flag][flag=]cy[/flag][flag=]hu[/flag]

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-04-23, 6:18

I would rather answer you, Juxt., through pm so as not to clutter ~jakip's topic :)

~jakip

Postby ~jakip » 2014-04-23, 7:39

I've seen that also -am couldn't be a good way to resolve the accusative problem (avana → avanaam) If do I put um?
Native: Italiano (it) C1: Lombard (lmo) Español (es) English (en) A2: Deutsch (de)

Levike

Postby Levike » 2014-04-23, 12:16

Why would it be a problem?

You could shorten aa to a to become avanam.

Kshaard

Postby Kshaard » 2014-04-23, 15:50

JuxtapositionQMan wrote:What's the problem with Esperanto's diacritics? I'm not trying to start an argument, but how else do the absurd number of sounds fit in without causing ambiguity somewhere?
With the phonology of Eo, it is definitely possible to write it using no diacritic marks or added letters, just with the normal Roman alphabet (for example - c > ts; ĉ > tc; ĝ > dj; ĥ > x; j > y; ĵ > j; ŝ > c, ŭ > w). With jakip's phonology, you could easily do something similar (but if you like ŭ and ĭ so much, go ahead and keep them; they do make alright sense).

In regard to the accusative problem, why not make it just -m, with the accusative plural -kam or something? That would make it a bit more convenient.
Project Zelia is not dead - it is only sleeping. Long live project permanently unnamed!

Xupaca - Gakxiirou - Tawʒessò - Ōrgadūvk - Maxyrteser

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-04-23, 22:30

By -am, I meant that this is the ending as a whole :wink:

So the word avana in the accusative becomes avanam. Essentially it is exactly what Kshaard suggests.

And in regards to eo's diacritics, Kshaard sums it up(my variants differ from those stated, but…)

~jakip

Postby ~jakip » 2014-04-24, 8:04

Yes, I see. Then, -am.
-m → noun and adjective
-am → plural

~jakip

Postby ~jakip » 2014-04-27, 16:24

How can I make the passive form?

I mean: do I use an unique suffixe or do I use a compose verb? What could it be the easiest way?

Kshaard

Postby Kshaard » 2014-04-27, 17:02

You can easily manage without a passive.

You could use 'something' or a dummy subject, so for "The light was turned on", you could have
"Someone/something turned on the light."
Or, you could just miss off the subject entirely:
"Turned on the light."
Project Zelia is not dead - it is only sleeping. Long live project permanently unnamed!

Xupaca - Gakxiirou - Tawʒessò - Ōrgadūvk - Maxyrteser

Ashucky

Postby Ashucky » 2014-05-02, 20:29

If you have a way of deriving adjectives from verbs, that's the easiest way - use adjectives. Like in English, past participles can be used as adjectives sometimes (the flower was watered > the watered flower) but you can use it the other way around and use adjectives instead of past participles. It's what I usually do, use the same forms for both adjectives and when forming passives.
Slovenščina (sl)English (en)Italiano (it)漢語 (zh)Español (es)Suomi (fi)Svenska (sv)日本語 (ja)فارسی (fa)Nešili (hit)
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
Največji sovražnik znanja ni nevednost, marveč iluzija znanja.

~jakip

Postby ~jakip » 2014-05-03, 6:06

Ashucky wrote:If you have a way of deriving adjectives from verbs, that's the easiest way - use adjectives. Like in English, past participles can be used as adjectives sometimes (the flower was watered > the watered flower) but you can use it the other way around and use adjectives instead of past participles. It's what I usually do, use the same forms for both adjectives and when forming passives.

That's the way I've searched until now :waytogo: Resolved passive problem.

~jakip

Postby ~jakip » 2014-05-05, 14:42

I need a preposition for "about". Does anyone have an idea where I can find one?

~jakip

Postby ~jakip » 2014-05-07, 11:59

I've chosen uber from "über" in German.
If anyone has an idea I can add or an idea to make a word, please write me on this topic ;)

~jakip

Postby ~jakip » 2015-11-05, 20:04

Hey there! I'm back again :lol: I've just thought that it was the time to restore my old auxiliary language Kĭelvarta. I'll need your help as always.

Added:
ša: up, on, over

Suggestions for suffixes/prefixes?

Levike

Postby Levike » 2015-11-05, 20:06

~jakip wrote:Suggestions for suffixes/prefixes?

Which ones?

~jakip

Postby ~jakip » 2015-11-12, 18:11

Levike wrote:
~jakip wrote:Suggestions for suffixes/prefixes?

Which ones?

I mean, if there are suffixes/prefixes I can add, please tell me.

My aim is to make up a language almost completely with suffixes and prefixes. For instance: maždol-hamb-a-k (lit.: waters that fall - waterfalls), co-muliged-ašv-antl-a (lit.: no opportunities of climbing a tree).

Return to “Conlangs”