A Rather Tolkeinian Translation

This forum is intended for topics dealing with translations in conlangs.

Moderators:Ashucky, Dormouse559

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator
Re: A Rather Tolkeinian Translation

Postby Dormouse559 » 2012-03-29, 5:55

Kēwēkamē wrote:If you really want to listen to me reading it aloud (I sound awful in a microphone, messed up a few times... but it's as good as it's gonna get) with a transcript, here's the link: THE LINK
Ooh, I didn't see THE LINK. Now that I've listened to it though it sounds really good (a Polynesian language with a bit of French thrown in? :P ). I did notice an interesting word at around 5:15, benvenu; is it just a false friend with the Romance words for welcome? Also, did you create it on purpose or did it just show up?
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

Kēwēkamē

Postby Kēwēkamē » 2012-03-29, 19:53

Dormouse559 wrote:Now that I've listened to it though it sounds really good (a Polynesian language with a bit of French thrown in? :P ).

That's the general intention, yes.

Dormouse559 wrote:I did notice an interesting word at around 5:15, benvenu; is it just a false friend with the Romance words for welcome? Also, did you create it on purpose or did it just show up?

There's nothing false about that particular friend - 'benvenu', formerly 'benuveù', from 'benu', 'politeness', and 'veu', 'symbiotic' or 'mutually beneficial'. Not the same etymology as the Romance words, but same basic principle. Translated as 'hospitality' or, yes, 'welcome'. Very intentional. ;)
I am a conlanger, a master scuba diver, a belly dancer, a schizotypal introvert, an author, a geek, a psychologist, a gamer, a Whovian, a pianist, a clarinetist, a sailor, a CGI artist, a singer, a Psychonaut, a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a candlestick-maker, and a magic-bean-buyer. Who are you?

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2012-04-07, 5:49

Here's the One Ring Poem in Mironese. It requires heavy use of the dative case in plural (Mironese has lost a lot of singular case distinctions, but plural cases are still very recognizable). :hmm:

Ôtüzi gevi, af Ovömprivüdi, pubia tte,
Iuz, af Nanpriviàhnûti, em brödü iale ttuesüdi gîti
Trôtu, af Grisyonîti Kemüdi, grisyiîti lüzyà
Kani, af Limüpriviàhnût, ur uscurü ttrönü xît,
Em Ttôkü Mordorem, mulü Limüzyi liksüât.
Ôtü kani af prifiâ gu'eri, ôtü kani af âpü guà,
Ôtü kani af ömâpü gu'eri xet em limu ustü guà.

Em Ttôkü Mordorem, mulü Limüzyi liksüât.

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Irkan

Postby Irkan » 2012-05-27, 16:31

I'd like to join you, group of translators! First of all, I want to thank Kēwēkamē for the idea, really, my language has earned about 60 words (and a grammatical case) during the translation. My language ain't very "talkable" yet, so I'm quite amazed of what I could get out of it :D Well, here it goes:

The Fellowship of the Ring: Prologue, Paragraph 1

Hönsereo eranemaya Hobbitdoh etho reth’ha, mhi ga-hardöayü Hobbite histhoryado de bazhade en’horöhe amosüfaardo reth’her phergamiinara ereth’ha. Hardödweayü airo honothyado Borodino Westhohe-Rineerahe Reth’hamhuv theai phuborishdweaai so pherhira: “Hobbit”. Orizhinadweaön yetho theera Borodino-Reth’hahe zhemyereh thorozonarah, theai sephthaaön Bilbo theaen honithyeaen inan Hobbit ode ‘werda. Namaredweaen thorozodoh “Horaen mhi Virath Thore Zheyeen,” garyon thezeaön horehe egarado de vazhisedo theai nan’aen avanthüür the hönsereayü oshen’eh hobbitdo, nemaya eventhogasheh ezhin yetho theaieh thezedweaön eishi.

This book greatly concerns Hobbits, and from the book’s pages, the reader will possibly find a little of Hobbits’ history and much about their character. More information will be found in the selection from the Red Book of Westmarch, which has already been published with this title: “The Hobbit”. That story was comprised of the earlier chapters of the Red Book, which were written by Bilbo, who was the first Hobbit to be famous in the rest of the world. The chapters were called by him “Away and Back Again”, because they told about his journey and about his return, which was an adventure that later involved every hobbit, during the great events of that time which are here told.

Chapter 1, Paragraph 1

Sun adovezhageaen hore egareethdo ehore-vagaraya-garayainan egaregaer so supaashera nemaya egareeth Bilbo Baggins eBag eBanthe, izhaaen thezeyadoh de zeimayado bazhade Hobbiton’uv.

When Bilbo Baggins of Bag End made an announcement about his celebration of his eleventy-first birthday with an especially significant party, much talk and excitement was in Hobbiton.

Quetzalcoatl

Postby Quetzalcoatl » 2012-05-28, 1:18

kholja anai - nak wei swošanti
wanjo kišanwoi ačafjanti,
aš mjanro ukroš wei sono laipjanti
ya lanjo sjašul kimjočanti

(ring-INT.SG one-ACC.SG to 3PL.ACC enslave-SPN
and VIR-all-ACC find-SPN,
to darkness-INT.SG black-DAT.SG 3PL.ACC then lead-SPN
and eternal-ADV 3SGN-LOC bind-SPN

[k'oʎa a'naɪ nak 'wɛɪ swo'ʃãtɕi
'waɲɔ ki'ʃãwɔɪ atʃa'fjãtɕi
aʃ 'mjãrɔ u'krɔʃ wɛɪ 'sɔnɔ laɪ'pjãtɕi
ja 'laɲɔ 'sjaʃul kimjɔ'tʃãtɕi]

Literally:

One ring to enslave them, and to find (them) all
to lead them into the black darkness, and to bind them in it forever

(it's always difficult to translate poetry, so please don't mind that my translation does not always correspond to the original version, I think it's close enough :P)

Ashucky

Postby Ashucky » 2012-05-28, 9:04

So, Plusquam's post in the other thread reminded me of a really short recording I made a while ago in Laefêvëši and I thought I could just post it here. :)

The text is:
Nárali dóke híjanarøto hôbbistasku. Vrétaške dók níonva afíllilvovó rǿtǿlaraskuþimo lin ǿralejníškekħina. Lylántasaþani čü tasínirøvó ćíntali Wášnárade Sélþóðandade, ak vatálēvøy tumánadu Hôbbist. Pólikē ešéla raʒéšidói olléjasta kjäivekū Wášnárade, nivíimmā Bíltvolo, aśíffā hôbbistau, ak ǯulíeklaleso minârrūgëj.

Original English version:
This book is largely concerned with Hobbits, and from its pages a reader may discover much of their character and a little of their history. Further information will also be found in the selection of the Red Book of Westmarch that has already been published, under the title of The Hobbit. That story was derived from the earlier chapters of the Red Book, composed by Bilbo himself, the first Hobbit to become famous in the world at large [...].

EDIT: I've just realised there's a mistake in the recording, I read "Sélþóðandade" as "Sélþóðanande". No Idea why I haven't noticed that sooner ... :oops: But I cba to make a new recording right now so it'll stay that way for now :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Slovenščina (sl)English (en)Italiano (it)漢語 (zh)Español (es)Suomi (fi)Svenska (sv)日本語 (ja)فارسی (fa)Nešili (hit)
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
Največji sovražnik znanja ni nevednost, marveč iluzija znanja.

Quetzalcoatl

Postby Quetzalcoatl » 2012-05-28, 12:49

Sounds great, a bit as if you mixed Finnish and Turkish and inserted some more fricatives to give it a touch of Slavic... :)

Ashucky

Postby Ashucky » 2012-05-28, 21:23

Plusquamperfekt wrote:Sounds great, a bit as if you mixed Finnish and Turkish and inserted some more fricatives to give it a touch of Slavic... :)

Haha, Turkish, that's a first. I've been told it sounds sorta Finnish mixed with Slavic but never Turkish. Interesting :P
Slovenščina (sl)English (en)Italiano (it)漢語 (zh)Español (es)Suomi (fi)Svenska (sv)日本語 (ja)فارسی (fa)Nešili (hit)
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Irkan

Postby Irkan » 2012-05-30, 21:29

This is the IPA version of the paragrapf I posted a days ago:

[hø̃nˈse̞ɾe̞o̞ e̞ˌɾäne̞ˈmäjä ˈhob̚βid̚ðo̞ː ˈe̞θo̞ ˈɾe̞θʔä | ɱi ɣähɑ˞ˈðøäjÿ ˈho̞b̚βitʰe̞ hisˈθo̞ɾjäðo̞ ðe βäˈʒäðe̞ e̞ɴˈho̞ɾøhe̞ ämo̞sÿˈfɑ˞ðo̞ ˈɾe̞θʔɚ ɸɚɣäˈmi͡ɪ̈näɾä e̞ˈɾe̞θʔä ‖ hɑ˞ˈðøðwe̞ˌäjÿ ˈäi̯ɾo̞ ho̞ˈno̞θjäðo̞ βo̞ɾo̞ˈðino̞ ˈwe̞sθo̞he̞ʔɾiˈne̞͡ɘɾähe̞ ˈɾeθʔaɱuf ˈθe̞äi̯ ɸuβo̞ˈɾiʒðwe̞ˌa͡ɐi̯ so ɸe̞ɾiɾä ho̞b̚βitʰ ‖ o̞ɾiʒiˈnäðwe̞äø̃ɲ ˈʝe̞θo̞ ˈθe̞͡ɘɾä βo̞ɾo̞ˈðino̞ʔˈɾe̞θʔähe̞ ʒe̞ˈmje̞ɾe̞ː θo̞ˈɾo̞zo̞ˌnäɾäː ˈθe̞äi̯ se̞ɸˈθa͡ɐø̃m ˈβilβo̞ θe̞äẽ̞ɴ ho̞ˈniθje̞äẽ̞ɴ ˈinä̃ɴ ˈho̞b̚βitʰ ˈo̞ðe̞ ˈð̞ʷɚðä ‖ nämäˈɾe̞ðwe̞äˌe̞n̪e̞ː θo̞ˈɾo̞zo̞ðo̞ː ho̞ˈɾäe̞ɱ ɱi ˈviɾäθ ˈθo̞ɾe̞ ʒe̞ˈje̞͡ɘ̃ŋ | ˈɣäɾjõ̞n̪ θe̞ˈze̞ɾäˌø̃ɴ ˈho̞ɾo̞he̞ e̞ˈɣäɾäðo̞ ðe̞ väʒiˈse̞ðo̞ ˈθe̞äi̯ nä̃ɴˈäẽ̞ɴ ävä̃n̪ˈθy͡ʊ̈ɾ θe̞ hø̃nse̞ˈɾe̞äjÿ ˈo̞ʃẽ̞ɴʔe̞ː ˈhob̚βid̚ðo̞ | ne̞ˈmäjä e̞ˈvẽ̞n̪θo̞ˌɣäʃe̞ː ˈe̞ʒĩɲ ˈʝe̞θo̞ ˈθe̞̞̞äje̞ː θe̞ˈze̞ðwe̞äˌø̃ɴ ˈe̞i̯ʃi]

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2012-10-12, 19:01

Reviving this thread, since it provides some nice texts for testing out a more literary style.

El Senhór dês Anelis: Ela Comuntát deli Anelo – Antestera: Sûs Hobbitis
Celo leuro vertet prencevale-men ês Hobbitis e, de suis painis, uno lečór puodet entrovár molto de loro hauto. Plus informačón se troverát omba dento la selecčoni deli Leuro Roǧo del Márc Ocentali vi hat ǧa sedo pulicada, entitulada El Hobbit. Cela hestera fuet derivada dês primis capítulis deli Leuro Roǧo, componedo per Bilbo a suo veci, el primo Hobbit vi devenít famozo en eli mondo generali, e lhamada per lui Alá e Dalá Incora, perva ês elovevan suo viaǧo verso lo Erienti e suo revienho: uno aventuro vi amplecét máis tarde todis ês Hobbitis ab ês máscemis eventis de celi edadi vi son elovedos éc.

Original text: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Prologue: Concerning Hobbits
This book is largely concerned with Hobbits, and from its pages a reader may discover much of their character and a little of their history. Further information will also be found in the selection of the Red Book of Westmarch that has already been published, under the title of
The Hobbit. That story was derived from the earlier chapters of the Red Book, composed by Bilbo himself, the first Hobbit to become famous in the world at large, and called by him There and Back Again, since they told of his journey into the East and his return: an adventure which later involved all the Hobbits in the great events of that age that are here related.

Capítulo 1, Paragrafo 1
Vando Bilbo Saqueto de Saco Serado anončát va volevat a celeurár suo uncïenta-primo cuompleano ab un fíest espečale-men senheficanti, moltos faulár e fascinačón se trovevan en Hobbitovigo.

Chapter 1, Paragraph 1
When Bilbo Baggins of Bag End made an announcement about his celebration of his eleventy-first birthday with an especially significant party, much talk and excitement was in Hobbiton.

Ashucky

Postby Ashucky » 2012-11-17, 19:05

So ... how are the translations going? :P

I finally translated the Rings of Power poem to Celestial Laefêvëši. It's quite different from Classical Laefêvëši (the previous version of the langauge).

Image Celestial Laefêvëši:
Dûkellui ráljebáutasli taj ôrōlou,
léinui lâšešântasli rjójéamivjâzifli,
faránui áirantasli, ƕiéillai ránojeru,
la sán Sînešântelo sjósînebáiggi,
Mórdorwáli, sêin is aíef únnos.
Dûkesi šânvøøn kvø, dûkesi tívyyn je,
dûkesi allávyyn kve li sînili dvénvøøn je,

Mórdorwáli, sêin is aíef únnos.

And for comparison:
Image Classical Laefêvëši:
Amántelišo báutøst laráelly nej ôrōlou,
âleišo oskôntøst lâšeelly ǿrneáivjâzišli,
farášo ōšimêþøst, akkes sávridói áryvøøn
ýśa üttúoskôntøst űjmüttúlerjántuki
wináli Mórdor, sêō aíexiš uvémano.
Amántyvi mâŗiavøønnaa ske, amántyvi tasívyynnaa se,
amántyvi aláwlaannaa ske li sînili vásvøønnaa se

wináli Mórdor, sêō aíexiš uvémano.

Original text:
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2012-12-08, 5:50

I just translated the One Ring Poem into Selvesco.
Vienho de traduír el Poém del Ungo Anielo en Selvesco.

Tres Anielos pôs Reïs Elfis suto lo cielo,
Siet pôs Senhoris Nanis dento loris domis de piedra,
Nuof pôs Huomis Mortás predecis morír
Uno poli Senhori Oscuro sur suo truono oscuro
Nel Tíer de Mordor ove ês Ombras se estiendon
Un Anielo por ês renhár todos, un Anielo por ês trovár
Un Anielo por ês aduír todos et ês dento la oscurtadi leár

Nel Tíer de Mordor ove ês Ombras se estiendon

One Ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,

~jakip

Postby ~jakip » 2013-12-28, 21:05

I've tried to translate it in Spitind:
(Fixed)

The Fellowship of the Ring - Prologue, Paragraph 1:
Kest librat trulditsi du Hobbites, i daic pageres duic librat, ic relitem buskut un parvat stori du Hobbites pruabiled i bist duic lor sarpoun. Otres informares buskitli trim axertiment daic Reus Librat du Westmarch, lu publiketlo ko kest titul latent: "Ic Hobbit". Preceremes kartpaes duic Reus Libratest kustet kest stori, lu Bilbo vrėtet, lu esset ic unipi Hobbit je essit fuamas trim risp duic mund. Lut kallet ic kartpaes "Movedem i Returk", perċ lutes spikit du su viag i duic su returk, lu esset un avientur lu vortemet gnio hobbit asta, ic klendes zades du kūel tempou pyurt lu ditsoe acut.

This book greatly concerns Hobbits, and from the book’s pages, the reader will possibly find a little of Hobbits’ history and much about their [collective] character. More information will be found in the selection from the Red Book of Westmarch, which has already been published with this title: “The Hobbit”. That story was comprised of the earlier chapters of the Red Book, which were written by Bilbo, who was the first Hobbit to be famous in the rest of the world. The chapters were called by him “Away and Back Again”, because they told about his journey and about his return, which was an adventure that later involved every hobbit, during the great events of that time which are here told.

Chapter 1, Paragraph 1:
Kund Bilbo Baggins du Fite Didec fet un anuxem duic su zelebrem duic su cent unidicipi kumpleat ko un voluded desta diversed, kūe esset un klend spikit y eximet as Hobbiton.

Last edited by ~jakip on 2015-10-25, 11:33, edited 2 times in total.
Native: Italiano (it) C1: Lombard (lmo) Español (es) English (en) A2: Deutsch (de)

ektele

Postby ektele » 2014-01-30, 13:51

This is the poem of the rings in Izkaironki, the language I've constructed.

Ζιτ γαλυναρ ελφ-νυῃρετεκ, ζᾳλαηεγε.
Βλωβα κυθελέτ-σαχνιρετεκ, γαβαραρεν φιλανζιγαραβυ.
Σαβάμ διρταεσκε ρακχαμιρετεκ, κωνδεμνίτζ διρτάιενα.
Βυ χωρε σαχνιρυτε, χωρε σαζυκυτακε,
Μωrδωr-γω βἰανδαβὐιλε, ὑεr ρακυσκ τζαλακιζτακιτζεν δυγύζ.
Βυ γαλυνυ λινδωrάιεσι ωσγύκ νυνινγυζκαρι. Βυ γαλυνυ τατεκλάιεσι ωσγύκ,
βυ γαλυνυ ιταβράιεσι ωσγύκ ικα τενεβραβὐυσκ θαşάιεσι ωσγύκ.
Μωrδωr-γω βἰανδαβὐιλε, ὑεr ρακυσκ τζαλακιζτακιτζεν δυγύζ.

(Romanization: Zit galunarr elf-nueirretek, zailañege.
Bloba kuwelét-sajnirretek, gabarrarren gilanzigarrabu.
Sabám dirrtaeske rrakjamirretek, kondemnítz dirrtáiena.
Bu jorre sajnirrute, jorre sazukutake,
Mordor-go bîandabuïle, huer rrakusk tzalakiztakitzen dugúz.
Bu galunu lindoráiesi osgúk nuninguzkarri. Bu galunu tatekláiesi osgúk,
Bu galunu itabrráiesi osgúk ika tenebrrabuüsk washáiesi osgúk.
Mordor-go bîandabuïle, huer rrakusk tzalakiztakitzen dugúz.)

And this is the first paragraph: (About Hobbits)

Ζαβα'ν Ὥββιτυχ

Ακυ σεφεrυ, βαρώνιγιφ, ζαβα'ν Ὥββιτυχ παἁτζεν δυγύ. Λεσκιλε υλέκ πακιναραβυ ακιυζ σκαπνωζ χυζκακαργε ικα ιστωργακαργιλε λταμκιτζεν ζινωτα ζαβα. Υεστ-αζ-εζαω Φεχυνκε Σεφεrεω λιβαβὐυσκ ιηυσκ φυκ φεφυαχικωσι, Ὥββιτε εγυζακίτζ, κωκύπ χαρισκὐωμι κενᾳρα τετυχνᾳνα. Υνιζτεζιλε Φεχυνκε Σεφεrεω βὐέσς ανδετἁβὐεκ αζιακα ελέκ αγιδαταλ. Φεχύνκισυ Σεφεrε Βιλβω Αλετşυκ-ίκιζυ şυχωσυν διγί, βὐέσς Ὥββιτε ιηε ωσγύκ εμδαλδαβὐιλε şιακα ωβιργινιτ, ικα υλτυ Βυ Ναπrαζιβιλαρεν Ικα Βυκ Ωζκυγαρεν Ζτετζυμ ῃ εγυζακιτζεν διγί. Δεσύλ σεφεrυ υατελιτζεν διτὐα φαβιλιγ ιηιγ Βιλβω τιράνεαν Εστακ φιακα ικα υλέζ ωζκύγενυμ, βυ φαρυνδυ ιηε, αφτυθ, φωφυταντε ιασωρταραβὐυσκ ιηυσκ σιμγίτ νερωσυν δυγύζ γελμιριτζεν ζενιτα ωσγύκ Ὥββιτυχ. Γυνανί, ζαβα βαρωνιγαραβε ζαβα ν'ακας υνγινιτ σκαπν μισεφιτζεν ζινωτιρετ κωκύπ ικα κενşε κελᾳκ ιζκαζα ζταινιτ σεφεrε. Ὥββιτζεκ τερεδιτζιωμαρεν φωφυταντυθ ωρεβεκ δεσερατ λεσκιρᾳκτ σιμγίτ ωζμεμυζικωσι, ικα βὐέσς φαρυνδε γύβιλιφ rεκιδωσυν δυγύ.

(Romanization: Zaba'n Hóbbituj
Aku seferu, barrónigif, zaba'n Hóbbituj pahatzen dugú. Leskile ulék pakinarrabu akiuz skapnoz juzkakarrge ika istorrgakargile ltamkitzen zinota zaba. Uest-az-ezao Fejunke Sefereo libabuüsk iñusk fuk fefuajikosi, Hóbbite eguzakítz, kokúp jarriskûomi kenairra tetujnaina. Uniztezile Fejunke Sefereo bûéss andethabûek aziaka elék agidatal. Fejúnkisu Sefere Bilbo Aletshuk-íkizu shujosun digí, bûéss Hóbbite iñe osgúk emdaldabuïle shiaka obirrginit, ika ultu "Bu Naprazibilarren ika Buk Ozkugarren Ztetzum" ei eguzakitzen digí. Desúl seferu uatelitzen ditûa fabilig iñig Bilbo tirránean Estak fiaka ika uléz ozkúgenum, bu farrundu iñe, aftuw, fofutante iasorrtarrabuüsk iñusk simgít nerrosun dugúz gelmirritzen zenita osgúk Hóbbituj. Gunaní, zaba barronigarrabe zaba n'akas unginit skapn misefitzen zinotirret kokúp ika kenshe kelaik izkaza ztainit sefere. Hóbbitzek terreditziomarren fofutantuw orrebek deserrat leskirraikt simgít ozmemuzikosi, ika bûés farrunde gúbilif redikosun dugú.)

I hope you like the looks of it!

ektele

Postby ektele » 2014-08-27, 12:09

Here I post the poem of the rings in Güçen, a Germanic language I've been working on recently:

Drí Ringen dem Äwfkönikem, under de Hävne.
Sebn dem Cwóflódem, in wénzem Çtänpäwsem.
Níön dem täterem Männem, cu tätan betúmten.
Nu des Därklód, anu Därktróne.
Ans Mordorz Länd, hvär dusk Çadöwen lán.
Ne Ringu cu wán ällan rúlan, ne Ringu cu wán ällan findan,
ne Ringu cu wán ällan nemman änt num Çadöwem bindan wán.
Ans Mordorz Länd, hvär dusk Çadöwen lán.

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2014-11-12, 4:11

I updated the Selvesc translation of the prologue and first paragraph of The Lord of the Rings.

Lo Segnor dells Anèlls: La Communtad dell'Anèll – Antistuoia: Sobiis Óbitis
Cuest libre vèrt principal-mènt lis Óbitis e, en lent lis sèis fuoglis, no litor puot descobrir molt sobii lor caràiteri e ni puog sobi lor istuoi. Piuspa informazión se va verìssim trovar ell seleizioni delli Libre roge della Marca uèst qui foi gza publiada colli tìtol L'Óbit. Cuest libre foi derivad dellis primis capìtolis dell Libre roge, compuost par Bilbo lù-maress, lo prim Óbit a cavir famós denz li mond en generali, e quiamad par lù Andar là et end Revenir, par celca racontavan li sèu viage alli Èsti e li sèu retorne, n'aventura qui empiëuuo pius tard todis lis Óbitis ellis grandis evèntis de cuell'erad qui se racontan cui.

Original text: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Prologue: Concerning Hobbits
This book is largely concerned with Hobbits, and from its pages a reader may discover much of their character and a little of their history. Further information will also be found in the selection of the Red Book of Westmarch that has already been published, under the title of
The Hobbit. That story was derived from the earlier chapters of the Red Book, composed by Bilbo himself, the first Hobbit to become famous in the world at large, and called by him There and Back Again, since they told of his journey into the East and his return: an adventure which later involved all the Hobbits in the great events of that age that are here related.

Capìtol 1, Paràgraf 1
Cand Bilbo Buon-Sac de Fond-de-Sac fecz ni annuncz alli soget della siea intenzión de celebrar lis sèis ungzanta-et-un anis con ne fèst speczal-mènt signifianti, molt pallar e molta fascinazión apareren a Obitón.

Chapter 1, Paragraph 1

xroox

Postby xroox » 2014-12-21, 0:53

The rings' poem (Tyxyr jiis sixita) in Tynaap

Usixit qiiha'r tuunu u nyysqita n kait ja usiipa.
Uu arqiihauxa'r tar aninti snaihaita n nistrkan ran taitatr,
uu uqiiha r'urjii árxantir kait tuuryht xantka,
un auxa'r t'anint kyryr n akistarqata kyryr tuu
n qurt kyryr n'ytsis qa sqaunai.
Usixit auxa nap áninti'spn tuu, usixit auxa nap ńqaiki
usixit auxa nap áunaitii'spn tuu kau áusauki n ja kyryrt
n qurt kyryr n'ytsis qa sqaunai.

[ ʊˈziʔɪt ˈkʷiːʝəɾ ˈduːnʊ ʊˈnɨːskʷid͡zən ˈkɛːd͡z je ʊˈziːbə
u aɾˈgʷiːʝoʔəɾ təɾəˈnindɪ ˈsnɛːʝed͡zən nɪstr̩ˈgan rən ˈtɛːd͡zədr̩
ʊˈgʷiːʝə ˈruɾji ˈʔaɾʔəndɪɾ kɛːt͡s ˈtuːrɨht ˈandgə
ʊn ˈɔʔəɾ təˈnint kɨˈrɨɾ nəgɪsˈtaɾgʷodə gɨˈrɨɾ du
nɨˈguɾt kɨˈrɨɾ nɨˈd͡ziːs kʷosˈkɔːne
ʊˈziːʔɪt ˈɔʔə nəˈbaːnɪndɪspm̩ du ʊˈziːʔɪt ˈɔːʔə nəˈbm̩gʷed͡ʒɪ
ʊˈziʔɪt ˈɔːʔə nəˈbɔːned͡zispm̩ du kɔ ˈɔːzogɪn je gɨrɨɾt
nɨˈguɾt kɨˈrɨɾ nɨˈd͡ziːs kʷosˈkɔːne]

One Ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
Quiero una ciruela flotando en perfume... en un sombrero de hombre

ektele

Postby ektele » 2020-01-04, 17:48

So, this is the poem of the rings in Ihi’appa:
‘A hatelle ilana ‘ilahata (The lord of the rings)

Niti ‘ilahata u ‘ana hanatte ilana elepe, i’uo ‘a hake.
‘Ee ‘ilahata u ‘ana hatelle ilana etieti’elle, ki pullaiihonnena issana.
La’e ‘ilahata u ‘ana puu’i ‘elle, ‘o puu konetenati.
Kihi ‘ilahata u ‘a pei hatelle, ki ‘a pei pulupunne,
Ki ‘a na’a ila Moloto, ‘a punne ilana sona.
Kihi ‘ilahata ‘o hatellu i ‘elle’ele, kihi ‘ilahata ‘o ‘akiku i ‘elle’ele,
Kihi ‘ilahata ‘o kallu i ‘elle’ele, ‘o loo’u i ‘elle’ele ki ‘ana sona,
Ki ‘a na’a ila Moloto, ‘a punne ilana sona.

ektele

Postby ektele » 2020-01-04, 17:54

The titles of the books in my languages:

The Lord of the Rings
Izkairronki: Galunzalek sajne
Gychen: De Lód denz Ringenz
Ihi’appa: ‘A hatelle ilana ‘ilahata

The Fellowship of the Ring
Izkairronki: Galunuzuk amezibila
Gychen: Di Bródrhiht dez Ringuz
Ihi’appa: ‘A kihikiha ila ‘ilahata