OK, this time, I managed to remember almost everything I've covered here so far. The only word I really didn't remember was kiskuk
, which anyway I had interpreted wrong in my previous post. It means 'today', not 'yesterday' as I'd previously said.
Going back through those lessons, I'm also beginning to wonder whether maybe ta'n
means 'when' when accompanied by a past-tense verb and ta'nuk
means 'when' when accompanied by present/future tense. Or maybe ta'n
goes with completive aspect? I don't know how TAM (tense/aspect/mood) works in Lnuismk yet.
All right, so! Lessons 22-25 also form a sort of dialog, this time about dinner:
- Koqoey wela'kowey? (What's for supper?)
- Ki'kli'kwej. (Chicken).
- O' na katu weliaq. (Oh, that's good).
- Apukjik mijisulti'kw? (Are we eating soon?)
- E'e, apukjik. (Yes, soon).
- O', kewisin. (Oh, I'm hungry).
- Aq elt ni'n. (So am I).
- Kîtu' samuqwan? (Are you thirsty? Or more literally, Would you like (something) to drink?)
- E'e, kîtu' samuqway. (Yes, I'm thirsty/I would like to drink (something)).
- Koqoey kîtu' samuqwan? (What would [you] like to drink?)
- Tekpa'q samuqwan. (Cold water).
- O' wela'lin. (Oh, thank you). [Who knows why the guy's thanking her? Didn't she get her cold water? Or maybe he's thanking her for telling him what she wants.
- O' weliaq. (Oh, you're welcome).
And only five more lessons left after that! Almost done with our review! Ki'kli'kwej
'chicken' is a word that I kind of remember just because it sounded kind of amusing when I listened to it.
I think I memorized the whole thing now. That was actually pretty easy!
So now on to the next lesson (#26)!
Maja'ti'kw?- Shall we leave? A', maja'tinej.- OK, let's leave.
Lesson #27 is nothing new. Nmu'ltes. A', nmu'ltes.
Lesson #28 includes some new vocabulary. Lnui'sin ki'l?- Do you speak Lnuismk? And more importantly:
Kijka'jijk- A little
Nestm, katu mu lnui'siw.- I understand, but [I?] don't speak.
And finally, lesson #29 is wli-npa 'sleep well', which I already know, and the last lesson is:
Kesalul.- I love you.
And I'm done with review now, woohoo!