Translations/Questions

Moderator:OldBoring

lu:ka
Re: Translations/Questions

Postby lu:ka » 2012-08-01, 15:22

Strigo wrote:Hi!
I'd really appreciate if you could translate this piece of text into Italian, please :)

Hello,
My name is Carlos, I’m writing to you (pl) from Teleobjetivo Press Agency in Madrid, and we’d like to request an interview with the writer XXX either in Italy or in Spain if he’s planning to come to our country soon. We don’t have any problems when it comes to choosing a city for this meeting or making it via email if he prefers to.
Our interest is to localize his manager or agent or the autor himself so we can arrange an interview with him. I’d really appreciate if you could give me some orientation me for this.

Thank you for your valuable attention, waiting for your news (would u try to make it sound more natural in Italian?)

Regards,
Carlos.

Salve,
il mio nome è Carlos, vi sto scrivendo per conto della Teleobjetivo Press Agency di Madrid. Vorremmo richiedere un'intervista con lo scrittore XXX, in Italia o in Spagna, qualora avesse già pianificato una visita nel nostro paese a breve. Non abbiamo problemi nella scelta di una città per questo incontro o, se lui preferisce, a contattarlo via mail.
Quello che ci interessa è contattare il suo manager, il suo agente, o lo scrittore stesso, per poter organizzare l'intervista.
Vi sarei molto grato se poteste fornirmi qualsiasi informazione al riguardo.

Nell'attesa di un Vostro riscontro, Vi ringrazio per la cortese attenzione.

I tried to be more formal and natural at the same time :)

Strigo

Postby Strigo » 2012-08-01, 17:52

Thanks, Luka :)

And how can you translate "agency of press Teleobjetivo"? because the name it's just Teleobjetivo. :)
Aquí es donde traduzco diariamente música israelí del hebreo al español

[flag]cl[/flag] native; [flag]en[/flag] fluent; [flag]il[/flag] lower advanced ; [flag]pt-BR[/flag] read fluently, understand well, speak not so badly (specially after some Itaipava); recently focusing on [flag]sv[/flag][flag]ar[/flag] and I promised myself to finish my [flag]ru[/flag] New Penguin Russian Course: A Complete Course for Beginners in less than a month (12/oct/2013). Wants to wake up one day speaking [flag]ka[/flag][flag]lt[/flag] and any Turkic language.

Postby lu:ka » 2012-08-02, 21:46

Strigo wrote:Thanks, Luka :)

And how can you translate "agency of press Teleobjetivo"? because the name it's just Teleobjetivo. :)

I'd go for Agenzia di stampa Teleobjetivo

DmitryS

Postby DmitryS » 2013-02-26, 9:37

Come se dice "i've caught myself thinking about you" e "i've caught myself singing" en italiano?
Language is the history of a nation. Language is the path, that culture and civilization are going along. Therefore, learning Russian language is ... a vital necessity. / A. Kuprin (1870-1938), Russian writer, explorer and adventurer

Postby lu:ka » 2013-02-26, 13:49

Io direi così: "mi sono ritrovato a pensarti", "mi sono ritrovato a cantare"

DmitryS

Postby DmitryS » 2013-02-27, 11:52

Grazie molto, Luka!
Language is the history of a nation. Language is the path, that culture and civilization are going along. Therefore, learning Russian language is ... a vital necessity. / A. Kuprin (1870-1938), Russian writer, explorer and adventurer

Postby lu:ka » 2013-02-27, 13:10

DmitryS wrote:Grazie molto, Luka!

Di nulla ;-)

Lani123

Postby Lani123 » 2013-08-10, 18:22

Hello everyone,

I would be extremely grateful if someone could translate this for me " Noi siamo il polvere delle stelle." Thanks in advance!

Massimiliano B

Postby Massimiliano B » 2013-08-10, 19:18

The correct sentence is "noi siamo polvere di stelle". It means "we are star dust".

Lani123

Postby Lani123 » 2013-08-10, 22:50

Thank you so what does what I wrote mean literally because it is tattooed on my body and now I feel like an idiot lol

Massimiliano B

Postby Massimiliano B » 2013-08-11, 1:11

"Noi siamo il polvere delle stelle" is not correct. There is only a little grammatical mistake, but the meaning is clear, don't worry! If you want a perfect sentence without mistakes, you should delete the little word "il". So, you don't need to transform "delle" into "di", because even "delle" is acceptable here.

Here is the sentence:

Noi siamo polvere delle stelle

Lani123

Postby Lani123 » 2013-08-11, 2:27

Massimiliano B wrote:"Noi siamo il polvere delle stelle" is not correct. There is only a little grammatical mistake, but the meaning is clear, don't worry! If you want a perfect sentence without mistakes, you should delete the little word "il". So, you don't need to transform "delle" into "di", because even "delle" is acceptable here.

Here is the sentence:

Thanks that makes me feel a little better. I don't think deleting is an option as its already there, but I guess this is a good lesson that I should do some thorough research before permanently inking something onto my body:)

IpseDixit

Postby IpseDixit » 2013-08-11, 9:15

Massimiliano B wrote:"Noi siamo il polvere delle stelle" is not correct. There is only a little grammatical mistake, but the meaning is clear, don't worry! If you want a perfect sentence without mistakes, you should delete the little word "il". So, you don't need to transform "delle" into "di", because even "delle" is acceptable here.

Here is the sentence:

To me "siamo polvere di stelle" sounds better.

Massimiliano B

Postby Massimiliano B » 2013-08-11, 10:22

"Siamo polvere di stelle" or "Noi siamo polvere di stelle" sound better, but also with "delle" instead of "di" the sentence is grammatical.

Postby lu:ka » 2013-08-11, 20:58

Massimiliano B wrote:"Siamo polvere di stelle" or "Noi siamo polvere di stelle" sound better, but also with "delle" instead of "di" the sentence is grammatical.

I definitely agree!

The normal way we Italians are used to hear/read/say/write the sentence is with "di" but using "delle" does still make sense.

@Lani123 maybe you can have the "il" transformed into a little star between the other words so the tatto will read like "Noi siamo * polvere delle stelle" :wink:

Lani123

Postby Lani123 » 2013-08-12, 0:10

lu:ka wrote:
Massimiliano B wrote:"Siamo polvere di stelle" or "Noi siamo polvere di stelle" sound better, but also with "delle" instead of "di" the sentence is grammatical.

I definitely agree!

The normal way we Italians are used to hear/read/say/write the sentence is with "di" but using "delle" does still make sense.

@Lani123 maybe you can have the "il" transformed into a little star between the other words so the tatto will read like "Noi siamo * polvere delle stelle" :wink:

I thought about that and actually I think I may do that. The il is the last word of the first of two lines so that makes it easier:)

Postby lu:ka » 2013-08-12, 11:49

Lani123 wrote:I thought about that and actually I think I may do that. The il is the last word of the first of two lines so that makes it easier:)

:D great ... then remeber to send us a pic of the corrected tattoo :-)

salvo.dec

Postby salvo.dec » 2013-08-22, 8:51

Hey Strigo,
as this text is quite long, I guess it'd be hard to find someone to translate it, you could help yourself either with google sources, but a good quality is not ensured or using an online dictionary, like bab.la, see http://it.bab.la/dizionario/italiano-inglese this is my favorite as it's the most reliable

Strigo wrote:Hi!
I'd really appreciate if you could translate this piece of text into Italian, please :)

Hello,
My name is Carlos, I’m writing to you (pl) from Teleobjetivo Press Agency in Madrid, and we’d like to request an interview with the writer XXX either in Italy or in Spain if he’s planning to come to our country soon. We don’t have any problems when it comes to choosing a city for this meeting or making it via email if he prefers to.
Our interest is to localize his manager or agent or the autor himself so we can arrange an interview with him. I’d really appreciate if you could give me some orientation me for this.

Thank you for your valuable attention, waiting for your news (would u try to make it sound more natural in Italian?)

Regards,
Carlos.

Postby lu:ka » 2013-08-23, 11:56

Ciao Salvo,
benvenuto in UniLang (vedo che ti sei registrato da poco).

Il post di CArlos (strigo) era di un anno fa, credo che ormai abbia risolto ;-)

PS: finalmente un altro unilanger di Roma !!! ;)

OldBoring
Language Forum Moderator

Postby OldBoring » 2013-09-04, 13:26

Anch'io sono di Roma, anche se solo per uno o due mesi all'anno. :mrgreen:

Return to “Italian (Italiano)”