All other languages go here

Any language which does not have a specific forum can have a thread made for it here.
Michael
Re:

Postby Michael » 2010-11-28, 6:18

Why I'm on a thread that's two years old, I have no idea :?
Nero wrote:no teacher (no fluent/native speakers) and no interest in it....
Shit. I totally haven't thought about this. I think that along with me, OCCASVS is the only other speaker of it. He speaks Barese Neapolitan, I speak Pizzonese Neapolitan, yet no one speaks Naples Neapolitan. But then it's no biggie for me to "switch" to Naples Neapolitan. I would even suggest putting Neapolitan+Sicilian together on the same forum if it would be that extreme.
American English (en-us) Neapolitan from Molise (nap) N Italian (it) B2 Spanish (es) Portuguese (pt) French (fr) Greek (el) Albanian (sq) B1 Polish (pl) Romanian (ro) A2 Azerbaijani (az) Turkish (tr) Old English (en_old) A1
„Çdo njeri është peng i veprave të veta.‟
Every human being is hostage to their own deeds.

Meera

Re:

Postby Meera » 2010-11-28, 21:38

Aymeric wrote:How about Bengali ?
It's a huge language, and nobody seems to care :shock:

I agree! Bengali is HUGE! There is sooooooo many speakers of it.
अहिंसा/เจ
Learning: (hi) (ja) (ko) (fr)

DJ Libz

Re: All other languages go here

Postby DJ Libz » 2011-04-23, 23:43

Is there anyone here that speaks Sranang Tongo? I would love to learn this Surinamese language :)

dkatbena

Postby dkatbena » 2012-06-08, 17:55

I want to add this language i renamed "Esorotaoyo" in your list of languages.
Kapionan ey mangyedi de inoman a manoloson de benal a Makyedyepat! eye a Makyedyepat.

Multiturquoise
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Multiturquoise » 2013-06-15, 10:56

We should have a separate forum for Turkmen, Kyrgyz and Uzbek. Turkish, Azerbaijani and Kazakh has forums, but Uzbek, Turkmen and Kyrgyz doesn't.

And Tagalog... Tagalog is spoken by many people. One thread is not enough for Tagalog... ;)

I hope you will open separate forums in these languages, so we can post our own games, everything! ;)
native: (tr)
advanced: (en) (el)
intermediate: (fr) (ka)
focus: (de) (sl) (hr)

mōdgethanc

Postby mōdgethanc » 2013-06-15, 14:21

boracasli wrote:We should have a separate forum for Turkmen, Kyrgyz and Uzbek. Turkish, Azerbaijani and Kazakh has forums, but Uzbek, Turkmen and Kyrgyz doesn't.

And Tagalog... Tagalog is spoken by many people. One thread is not enough for Tagalog... ;)

I hope you will open separate forums in these languages, so we can post our own games, everything! ;)
Which languages get their own forums here should be determined by the level of interest in them, not the number of speakers. There is little interest in Uzbek, Turkmen and Kyrgyz here, so they would end up like the Kazakh forum, which was pretty much dead from day one. Creating forums for them would be pointless.
[ˈmoːdjeðɑŋk]

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2013-06-15, 21:20

I'd like to see them create a Turkic language sub-forum out of the Azeri and Kazakh thread. (Leaving the Turkish sub-forum separate) But that will probably get done just as fast as my suggestion for an African thread out of the Swahili sub-forum.

Not that I don't understand and agree with the reasoning. We can't possibly have sub-forums for everything. But these forums already exist, so why not reformat?

Yasna

Postby Yasna » 2013-06-15, 23:40

księżycowy wrote:I'd like to see them create a Turkic language sub-forum out of the Azeri and Kazakh thread. (Leaving the Turkish sub-forum separate) But that will probably get done just as fast as my suggestion for an African thread out of the Swahili sub-forum.

Not that I don't understand and agree with the reasoning. We can't possibly have sub-forums for everything. But these forums already exist, so why not reformat?

I agree. Your suggestion would decrease the number of dead subforums and add a very viable new one. What's not to like?
Ein Buch muß die Axt sein für das gefrorene Meer in uns. - Kafka

Aryaqk

Postby Aryaqk » 2013-09-14, 18:40

I suggest Pashto.
First language:[flag]fa[/flag] - Native language:[flag]ku[/flag]
Intermediate level:[flag]en[/flag]
Beginner's level:[flag]tr[/flag][flag]az[/flag] - Interested in learning:[flag]ps[/flag]

mōdgethanc

Postby mōdgethanc » 2013-09-14, 21:02

Aryaqk wrote:I suggest Pashto.
There already was a Pashto forum here. I can only assume it was closed for lack of interest.
[ˈmoːdjeðɑŋk]

Gonloyir

Postby Gonloyir » 2014-09-08, 13:18

mōdgethanc wrote:
Aryaqk wrote:I suggest Pashto.
There already was a Pashto forum here. I can only assume it was closed for lack of interest.

Why you close forums and threads? Can't you just leave them open for future generations? For the year 2098 for example? I don't think that leave the door open will damage the forum at all. Why so much manic obsession inside English-speaking forums to close threads and everything? Anyway, I suggest Aromanian. I want to learn everything from the pronunciations of every letter to grammar to every word meaning.

mōdgethanc

Postby mōdgethanc » 2014-09-09, 18:51

Can you please not use the term "manic" that way? Thanks.
[ˈmoːdjeðɑŋk]

Gonloyir

Postby Gonloyir » 2014-09-09, 21:53

mōdgethanc wrote:Can you please not use the term "manic" that way? Thanks.

Ok, sorry.

Return to “Other Languages”