Good French songs for teenagers?

Moderator:JackFrost

whitemirror78
Good French songs for teenagers?

Postby whitemirror78 » 2012-11-18, 3:40

Hello all!
I am 16 years old and just starting to study French. I'd like to find some songs so that I can get acquainted with French sounds in an enjoyable manner. The genre doesn't matter to me but I prefer that it is music popular among French-speaking youth.

Thanks

md0

Re: Good French songs for teenagers?

Postby md0 » 2012-11-18, 3:52

Hm, I do like Kyo for some reason.
"If you like your clause structure, you can keep your clause structure"
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)
Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)Elementary Finnish (fi)Netherlands Dutch (nl)

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2012-11-18, 7:36

Je ne suis pas un jeune francophone et je ne sais pas personnellement ce que les jeunes francophones aiment, mais Zaz et Zaho font de la musique géniale. Le style de Zaho se penche vers le R'n'B, le hip-hop, et le rap. Et Zaz … je ne sais pas exactement décrire sa musique. :P Il y a des éléments jazzy et acoustiques, et ses chansons ont toujours un son très clair et vif, même quand elles sont tristes.

I'm not a French-speaking youth, nor do I know personally what the French-speaking youth like, but Zaz and Zaho both make great music. Zaho's style usually tends toward R&B, hip hop, and rap. And Zaz … I'm not quite sure how to describe her music. :P There are some jazzy elements and acoustic ones, too, and her songs always sound very crisp and bright, even when they're sad.
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

julia.maria.louisa

Postby julia.maria.louisa » 2012-12-03, 17:33

Coeur de pirate et Marie Mai. Elles sont quebecoise! :) Bien populaire avec les jeunes ici.

MrsMime

Postby MrsMime » 2013-01-22, 22:04

Je suis d'accord avec julia.maria.louisa et Dormouse559, Cœur de Pirate et Zaz! Je suggère aussi Ariane Moffat (québécoise, je crois) et Yelle (française et très "poppy" mais très "catchy"!)

Bonne chance! :)

eiseras

Postby eiseras » 2013-02-05, 5:26

whitemirror78 wrote:popular among French-speaking youth.

My French penpal has told me about C2C, Shy'm, and M. Pokora. She tells me they're popular. Yelle is another singer who isn't popular anymore, but is fun to listen to (with simple lyrics, usually). I listened to some music by Zazi, as well.

Edit: added another artist
Native: English (American)
Studying: French
Pretending to study: Russian, Mandarin Chinese
May be soon forced to study: German, Spanish, or Japanese.

Vert de vrai

Postby Vert de vrai » 2013-02-25, 10:25

I like Coeur de Pirate too! You may also want to try Anaïs, Olivia Ruiz, and Bénabar. I'm not sure about any new acts though. My days listening to French pop are long past. I've got the feeling that France has somewhat stopped producing music anyway. Most teenagers are turning to US acts like Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. Personally it's not my thing either, but to each their own.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

J'aime Coeur de Pirate aussi! Tu peux aussi essayer Anaïs, Olivia Ruiz, et Bénabar, si tu veux. Je ne connais pas trop les nouveaux artistes ceci dit. Je n’écoute plus la pop française depuis longtemps. J'ai l'impression qu'on ne produit plus autant de musique en France de toute façon. La plupart des ados ce tournent vers des artistes américains comme Lady Gaga et Katy Perry. Personnellement c'est pas mon truc non plus, mais chacun ses goûts.
Native [flag]fr[/flag] [flag]mfe[/flag]
Knows well enough [flag]en[/flag][flag]en-AU[/flag] [flag]fr-QC[/flag]
Can read [flag]es[/flag] [flag]it[/flag] [flag]art-ina[/flag]
Knows some words of [flag]pt-BR[/flag] [flag]de[/flag]
Wants to learn [flag]sv[/flag] [flag]zh[/flag] [flag]ja[/flag] [flag]ru[/flag] [flag]ca[/flag]

Meera

Postby Meera » 2013-03-06, 20:06

She was probably mentioned before, but I really like Nolwenn Leroy and liked her when I was a teenager. Also I love Alizée and learned about her in my first French class in High School and everyone seemed to like her. I think Faudel is pretty good for teens too.
अहिंसा/เจ
Learning: (hi) (ja) (ko) (fr)

Surtalnar

Postby Surtalnar » 2013-05-06, 22:26

If you like Rock/Metal, I can recommend you Eths:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL4FdvK0uJs

Really love their chansons. The video is also with both French/English sous-titres, ideal for learning.

Vert de vrai

Postby Vert de vrai » 2013-07-08, 11:48

meidei wrote:Hm, I do like Kyo for some reason.

I also like Kyo, but it's more of a guilty pleasure for me, so hush hush :mrgreen:
Native [flag]fr[/flag] [flag]mfe[/flag]
Knows well enough [flag]en[/flag][flag]en-AU[/flag] [flag]fr-QC[/flag]
Can read [flag]es[/flag] [flag]it[/flag] [flag]art-ina[/flag]
Knows some words of [flag]pt-BR[/flag] [flag]de[/flag]
Wants to learn [flag]sv[/flag] [flag]zh[/flag] [flag]ja[/flag] [flag]ru[/flag] [flag]ca[/flag]

lil_s8ssy_girl

Postby lil_s8ssy_girl » 2019-02-08, 21:09

If you girl want a song that's in french and that I know it will help you speak French, its easy to sing along the name of the song is called ça va ça va by Claudio Capeo its really easy to sing along.

lil_s8ssy_girl

Postby lil_s8ssy_girl » 2019-02-08, 21:11

whitemirror78 wrote:Hello all!
I am 16 years old and just starting to study French. I'd like to find some songs so that I can get acquainted with French sounds in an enjoyable manner. The genre doesn't matter to me but I prefer that it is music popular among French-speaking youth.

Thanks
If your looking for a french song you should listen to ça va ça va by Claudio Capeo its really easy to follow you should try it.

Return to “French (Français)”