Why are you interested in Azeri?

Moderator:eskandar

Meera
Re: Why are you interested in Azeri?

Postby Meera » 2011-12-09, 1:48

Xoş gəlmişsiniz, Utopist!!! Siz necəsiniz? It's really nice to have a native Azeri spreaker on here. I think Azeri is very pretty.
अहिंसा/เจ
Learning: (hi) (ja) (ko) (fr)

Utopist

Postby Utopist » 2011-12-09, 5:57

Şükür, salamatçılıqdır. :) Çox saǧ olun!

I'm glad to hear that. ;)
My languages : [flag=]az[/flag] [flag=]ru[/flag] || [flag=]en[/flag] (C1) [flag=]tr[/flag] (~B2) [flag=]ar[/flag](B2) || [flag=]de[/flag](A2) [flag=]fr[/flag](A1)
Interested in: Arabic, German, French, Persian, Hebrew

Meera

Postby Meera » 2011-12-09, 6:13

Utopist wrote:Şükür, salamatçılıqdır. :) Çox saǧ olun!

I'm glad to hear that. ;)

Can you speak Turkish also?
अहिंसा/เจ

Utopist

Postby Utopist » 2011-12-09, 6:35

Well, my knowledge is rather passive; I've no problem in uderstanding either written or oral Turkish and even can write not so bad but when it comes to speaking I'm not always understood due to my accent. :)
My attemt to speak Azeri failed as well :)
We have loads of dialects in Azerbaijan and we usually use them in our everyday life, it has a great impact on phonetics.
For example:
in the speech of "sumqayıtlılar"
"Harada işləyirsən?" would be "Harda iştiyirsən?"
in some dialects its even more extreme
"Yeni ili yaxşı keçirə bildinmi?" =>
Yeni ili yaxs/dz/a çe/ts/ra bildimmi?

That's why in the real-life conversation I prefer to use English while talking with Turks. :)
My languages : [flag=]az[/flag] [flag=]ru[/flag] || [flag=]en[/flag] (C1) [flag=]tr[/flag] (~B2) [flag=]ar[/flag](B2) || [flag=]de[/flag](A2) [flag=]fr[/flag](A1)

Meera

Postby Meera » 2011-12-09, 7:06

Utopist wrote:Well, my knowledge is rather passive; I've no problem in uderstanding either written or oral Turkish and even can write not so bad but when it comes to speaking I'm not always understood due to my accent. :)
My attemt to speak Azeri failed as well :)
We have loads of dialects in Azerbaijan and we usually use them in our everyday life, it has a great impact on phonetics.
For example:
in the speech of "sumqayıtlılar"
"Harada işləyirsən?" would be "Harda iştiyirsən?"
in some dialects its even more extreme
"Yeni ili yaxşı keçirə bildinmi?" =>
Yeni ili yaxs/dz/a çe/ts/ra bildimmi?

That's why in the real-life conversation I prefer to use English while talking with Turks. :)

Ben turkçe öğrenmek istiyorum. ama türkçem çok fena :P I'd love to learn Azeri too but unforunently I don't have engough time :( Azeri is a very nice language. :mrgreen:
अहिंसा/เจ

Utopist

Postby Utopist » 2011-12-09, 7:44

Ben de Türkçemi daha iyi etmek isterdim, ama maalesef ilave vaktim yok. :( Üstokula hazırlaşmaktayım. :)

Bir il boş vaxtım olsaydı, onu, sözsüz ki, dillərə həsr edərdim. :)

But at the moment I have the CAE exam comming soon as well as my final school examination. :(

kalemiye

Postby kalemiye » 2011-12-09, 14:12

Utopist wrote:Ben de Türkçemi daha iyi etmek isterdim geliştirmek isterdim, ama maalesef ilave vaktim boş zamanım yok. :( Üstokula Üniversite/Lise* sınavına hazırlanmaktayım**/hazırlanıyorum. :)

Bir il boş vaxtım olsaydı, onu, sözsüz ki, dillərə həsr edərdim. :)

But at the moment I have the CAE exam comming soon as well as my final school examination. :(

Definitely learning Turkish well will be of great help whether you study economics or international relations as the economic, cultural and political ties between Russia, Turkey and Azerbaijan are many and strong. Whenever you have time and decide learning Turkish seriously feel free to ask your questions in the Turkish forum, we will gladly help you.

Btw, the Turkish government offers wonderful scholarships to students from the Republic of Azerbaijan. If you happen to have Azerbaijani nationality try to find more information about it, maybe you could eventually come to Turkey to study Turkish with an scholarship ;).

*I didn't understand what you meant by üstokul. I think you mean highschool, which is 'lise' in Turkish.
** This -maktayım is very formal and while it is very much used in written Turkish, it is rarely used in spoken Turkish, thus I added 'hazırlanıyorum', as both tenses mean virtually the same thing :).
Not available

kalemiye

Postby kalemiye » 2011-12-09, 14:16

Well, my knowledge is rather passive; I've no problem in uderstanding either written or oral Turkish and even can write not so bad but when it comes to speaking I'm not always understood due to my accent.

This is very common, the accent and a big part of the vocabulary is different, not to mention that there are many grammar points that are different :). Most Azerbaijani-speakers I know struggled with Turkish for around a year before the were able to make themselves completely understood and able to speak correctly.

Do you follow Turkish soap? They are very popular in Azerbaijan! (or so I've heard!)
Not available

Utopist

Postby Utopist » 2011-12-09, 15:45

"Üstokul" as far as I am concerned is a neologism for 'üniversite'. :)

I'm Russian citizen :)

Turkish diziler are very popular in Azerbaijan but not among Russian Azeris. :D I've seen only one of them. "Küçük Hanımefendi''. The music was awesome. :)

kalemiye

Postby kalemiye » 2011-12-09, 15:51

Utopist wrote:"Üstokul" as far as I am concerned is a neologism for 'üniversite'. :)

I had never heard it before. :|

Turkish diziler are very popular in Azerbaijan but not among Russian Azeris. :D I've seen only one of them. "Küçük Hanımefendi''. The music was awesome. :)

If you like watching dizis, try this website http://www.diziizle.net/

Are there any websites in which dizis made in Azerbaijan are available to watch online for free?
Not available

Utopist

Postby Utopist » 2011-12-09, 15:59

Well, have never been interested in it. Actually I know only two comedy soaps "Aramızda qalsın" and "Bacanaqlar". They are hilarious.

kalemiye

Postby kalemiye » 2011-12-09, 16:08

Utopist wrote:Well, have never been interested in it. Actually I know only two comedy soaps "Aramızda qalsın" and "Bacanaqlar". They are hilarious.

I will try to find them :). At home the only Azerbaijani channel I have is AzTV and most of the time it's a bit boring :( . Still, it shows great movies from time to time.
Not available

Return to “Turkic Languages”