Can someone check my (very basic) Italian please :)

Moderator:OldBoring

laura_802
Can someone check my (very basic) Italian please :)

Postby laura_802 » 2011-11-29, 18:51

Hi guys, I'm new to this form. Can someone check the following passage that I have written. Specifically the syntax and the use of the indefinite articles (this confuses me ) :(

Grazie per avermi scritto. Scusami per non averti scritto per cosi tanto tempo. Al momento sono nel' albergo di Roma con la mia familia. Rimaniamo per tre notti. L'albergo e molto simpatico. Ha le camere grande, il cibo succulento e il giardino bellisimo. Il giorno prima, mia madre e io andiamo ai negozi. Acquistiamo dell'abiti. Nella sera miei fratelli e io esciamo alla discoteca. Noi divertirsi. Dopo mezzanotte torniamo alle camera e andiamo a dormire. I giorni seconda e terzo, la mia familia e io giochiamo nella mare.

lingasms

Re: Can someone check my (very basic) Italian please :)

Postby lingasms » 2011-11-29, 19:39

Grazie per avermi scritto. Scusami se non ti ho scritto per così tanto tempo. Al momento sono in albergo a Roma con la mia famiglia. Rimaniamo per tre notti. L'albergo è molto carino. Le camere sono grandi, il cibo è buono e il giardino bellissimo. Il giorno prima (ieri?), mia madre e io siamo andate per negozi. Abbiamo acquistato degli abiti (this sentence is correct, but it sounds a bit "old", we'd say "abbiamo comprato dei vestiti")

I was a bit puzzled about the verbs you used.
There are actually two things you possibly meant.

1. You wanted to say that you go dancing every evening. In that case you should use the present tense as you did.

Alla sera i miei fratelli e io andiamo in discoteca. (Noi) ci divertiamo. Torniamo in camera/in albergo dopo mezzanotte e andiamo a dormire.

2. You wanted that you went to the disco only on the first day. In that case you should use the "passato prossimo".

Alla sera i miei fratelli e io siamo andati in discoteca. (Noi) ci siamo divertiti. Siamo tornati in camera/in albergo dopo mezzanotte e siamo andati a dormire.

Il secondo e terzo giorno, la mia famiglia e io siamo andati al mare.
Italian (native); English (C2); Dutch (B1-B2); French (B1-B2); Russian (B1); Danish (B1); German (A2-B1)
I've lived in Italy, Russia, Scotland, the Netherlands
[flag=]it[/flag] [flag=]en[/flag] [flag=]nl[/flag] [flag=]fr[/flag] [flag=]ru[/flag] [flag=]da[/flag] [flag=]de[/flag]

MillMaths

Re: Can someone check my (very basic) Italian please?

Postby MillMaths » 2011-11-29, 19:44

My Italian is very basic as well, but I think I can correct some of your spelling errors. :)

laura_802 wrote:Grazie per avermi scritto. Scusami per non averti scritto per così tanto tempo. Al momento sono nel albergo di Roma con la mia famiglia. Rimaniamo per tre notti. L'albergo e molto simpatico. Ha delle camere grandi, il cibo succulento e il giardino bellisimo. Il primo giorno :?:, mia madre e io andiamo ai negozi. Acquistiamo degli abiti. Nella sera miei fratelli e io usciamo alla discoteca. Ci divertiamo. Dopo mezzanotte torniamo alle camera e andiamo a dormire. Il secondo e terzo giorno, la mia famiglia e io giochiamo nel mare.

EDIT: Somebody posted while I was typing. :oops:

laura_802

Postby laura_802 » 2011-11-29, 19:54

Thank you so much for your reply. We have only learnt the present tense in class so far. I think it would be easier for me to tweak what I mean to say to avoid having the use the past tense. Is the syntax correct? I was a bit confused about what order the adjective/noun go in.

lingasms

Re: Can someone check my (very basic) Italian please?

Postby lingasms » 2011-11-29, 20:11

Sophie wrote:EDIT: Somebody posted while I was typing. :oops:

Don't worry! :D

laura_802 wrote:Thank you so much for your reply. We have only learnt the present tense in class so far. I think it would be easier for me to tweak what I mean to say to avoid having the use the past tense. Is the syntax correct? I was a bit confused about what order the adjective/noun go in.

It's not bad, actually! And since you've only studied the present tense so far, I guess you haven't started much time ago, so I bet you're already really good! (:
How long have you been studying Italian? And what is your native language?
Italian (native); English (C2); Dutch (B1-B2); French (B1-B2); Russian (B1); Danish (B1); German (A2-B1)
[flag=]it[/flag] [flag=]en[/flag] [flag=]nl[/flag] [flag=]fr[/flag] [flag=]ru[/flag] [flag=]da[/flag] [flag=]de[/flag]

laura_802

Postby laura_802 » 2011-11-29, 20:40

I have been learning for 9 weeks, and my native tongue is English. Would you mind reading a few more of my passages if I post them over the next week or so? I have an exam soon :(

lingasms

Postby lingasms » 2011-11-30, 14:02

Of course! But I think we'd better start a topic called "Translations/Questions" where anyone can post these kind of requests, otherwise it will become a real mess!

Return to “Italian (Italiano)”