How do you sound in Tamil?

Moderator: vijayjohn

Michael

How do you sound in Tamil?

Postby Michael » 2011-01-24, 19:46

At the moment, as of Monday, January 24, 2011, I'm not taking Tamil, and am having to wait until December 2011 :cry: But that doesn't mean at all that I've stopped my interest in and love for the language :blush: So anyways, let's see how we all sound in Tamil :D Click here for Michael's file :)

Quite unsurprisingly, I sound better in Tamil than I do in Portuguese :oops: :lol: I read the UDHR in Tamil, and yes, I did get the source text from Omniglot.com!
மனிதப் பிறவியினர் சகலரும் சுதந்திரமாகவே பிறக்கின்றனர்; அவர்கள் மதிப்பிலும் உரிமைகளிலும் சமமானவர்கள். அவர்கள் நியாயத்தையும் மனசாட்சியையும் இயற்பண்பாகப் பெற்றவர்கள். அவர்கள் ஒருவருடனொருவர் சகோதர உணர்வுப் பாங்கில் நடந்துகொள்ளல் வேண்டும்.

manithap piraviyinar saghalarum sudhandhiramaagave pirakkindranar; avargaL madhippilum urimaigaLilum sammaanavargaL. avargaL niyaayatthaiyum manasaatsiyaiyum iyarbaNbaakap petravargaL. avargaL oruvarudanoruvar saghoadhara uNarvup paangil nadandhukoLLal vaeNDum.
American English (en-us) Pizzonese (nap) N Italian (it) Mexican Spanish (es-mx) Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br) Albanian (sq) B1 Greek (el) Persian (fa) A2 Romanian (ro) Old English (en_old) Turkish (tr) Azerbaijani (az) A1
„Çdo njeri është peng i veprave të veta.‟
Every human being is hostage to their own deeds.

Meera

Re: How do you sound in Tamil?

Postby Meera » 2011-01-25, 22:06

You sound good! :D
अहिंसा/เจ
True Love: (hi)
TAC 2017: (hi) (ja) (ko)

TeneReef

Postby TeneReef » 2011-01-30, 22:08

You sound like someone from Jaffna (Sri Lanka), not from Tamil Nadu :)
विकृतिः एवम्‌ प्रकृति
learning in 2019: (no-nn)

Michael

Postby Michael » 2011-02-02, 23:20

TeneReef wrote:You sound like someone from Jaffna (Sri Lanka), not from Tamil Nadu :)
So I sound like someone from Tamil Eelam instead of Tamil Nadu? Does that mean I sound more Malayalam? :lol: That's fine, as long as I sound like any Tamil, I'm happy. You should record yourself reading something in Tamil, TeneReef :P (You too, Meera!)

I'm missing Tamil sooo much right now. I miss those sexy letters, and those superfluous words :roll: I still keep up the Tamil vocabulary though that I managed to learn in 2 months :wink:
American English (en-us) Pizzonese (nap) N Italian (it) Mexican Spanish (es-mx) Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br) Albanian (sq) B1 Greek (el) Persian (fa) A2 Romanian (ro) Old English (en_old) Turkish (tr) Azerbaijani (az) A1
„Çdo njeri është peng i veprave të veta.‟
Every human being is hostage to their own deeds.

TeneReef

Postby TeneReef » 2011-02-24, 4:12

I miss Tamil too, at least I've mastered the alphabet including the ligatures. :rotfl:
विकृतिः एवम्‌ प्रकृति

Meera

Postby Meera » 2011-02-26, 20:50

Michael wrote:
TeneReef wrote:You sound like someone from Jaffna (Sri Lanka), not from Tamil Nadu :)
So I sound like someone from Tamil Eelam instead of Tamil Nadu? Does that mean I sound more Malayalam? :lol: That's fine, as long as I sound like any Tamil, I'm happy. You should record yourself reading something in Tamil, TeneReef :P (You too, Meera!)

I'm missing Tamil sooo much right now. I miss those sexy letters, and those superfluous words :roll: I still keep up the Tamil vocabulary though that I managed to learn in 2 months :wink:

Lol I think you sound more from Jaffna because you sound more formal Tamil. People in Sri Lanka often tell that Tamil's in India have murdered their langauge :P But you also have a slight Malyali accent so if you go to Tamil Nadu you can tell people your Malyali :rotfl: Also I would record myself but I think you all would laugh because my Tamil sounds like a Hindi person trying to speak Tamil :cry: Actaully almost all my weak langauges sound like a Hindi Person trying to speak it. I was in a Turkish place the other day and started speaking in a little Turkish and the person asked if I was Indian :P
अहिंसा/เจ

TeneReef

Postby TeneReef » 2011-05-19, 11:49

Meera wrote:Also I would record myself but I think you all would laugh because my Tamil sounds like a Hindi person trying to speak Tamil :cry:

So you sound like Ash? :popcorn: :kiss: :congrats:
विकृतिः एवम्‌ प्रकृति

Meera

Postby Meera » 2011-05-24, 15:02

TeneReef wrote:
Meera wrote:Also I would record myself but I think you all would laugh because my Tamil sounds like a Hindi person trying to speak Tamil :cry:

So you sound like Ash? :popcorn: :kiss: :congrats:

Ash is dubbed in her Tamil movies :yep: But yes I sound like that.
अहिंसा/เจ

Return to “South Asian Languages”