Broken Translation Game 14

This forum is for games of various sorts. Moderators may lock games that are too similar to already existing ones.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Dminor
Language Forum Moderator
Re: Broken Translation Game 14

Postby Dminor » 2011-05-05, 22:48

Done. One more to go! :partyhat:
काव्यशास्त्रविनोदेन कालो गच्छति धीमताम् । व्यसनेन च मूर्खाणां निद्रया कलहेन वा

Muisje

Postby Muisje » 2011-05-06, 13:22

:mrgreen: I should be able to get it done today, or tomorrow at the latest.
you either lose your fear
or spend your life
with one foot in the grave
over the rhine - spark

Leviwosc

Postby Leviwosc » 2011-05-08, 9:48

Both are done... where are the results???
Image Image | Image Image Image Image | Image Image Image

Bubulus

Postby Bubulus » 2011-05-09, 16:00

I'm just asking for a couple of translation copies I had forgot to ask and then I'll present the goods.

Bubulus

Postby Bubulus » 2011-05-12, 4:13

THE ORIGINAL TEXT
    A green and orange boat, black in the night, grumbled and drummed past their balcony, not thirty feet from their wedding bed. It was going to sea with only its running lights on. Its empty holds were resonant, made the song of the engines rich and loud.

“I’m going to lose weight for you,” she said.
    “What?”
    “I’m going to go on a diet. I’m going to become beautiful for you.”
    “I like you just the way you are.”
    “Do you really?”
    “Really,” Bill said. He had already seen a lot of their marriage; thanks to time-travel, he knew that it was going to be at least bearable all the way.
    (Adaptated from Slaughterhouse V. I meant to take off all proper names, but I forgot that "Bill" towards the end. :lol: )

FINAL TEXTS

Team Green
    A green and orange boat in the night. Thirteen meters below the deck, a terrible scream from a marital bed. He is alone on the beach, which is illuminated by sunshine. Apparently going, but the car's sound is very weak.
    "I'll go first," she says.
    "Why?"
    "I want to see the wedding dress. I want to freeze with a good expression."
    "Liar!"
    "Really, ha!" said Bill. He had already seen the dress, because he had already went riding near, knowing that she had recently bought the dress.
Team Blue
    The ship with oranges was lying in a harbor in a dark night.
    The bed of the strong marriage was seven meters above sea level.
    The ship cut through the waves while the lights there remained lit.
    As the travelling clearly made its sound, there was a lot of noise in the room.
    “I’m collapsing!”
    “Why?”
    “I’m worried about you and I eat little.”
    “I love you already.”
    “Oh my, really?”
    “Yes, yes,” Bill assured her. “The wedding is fixed forever, we will soon have a honeymoon, I will endure a marriage some way or other.”

GREEN TEAM
Renaçido: English → French
Un bateau vert et orange, noir dans le nuit, ronchonnait et jouait du tambour devant leur balcon, même pas trente pieds de leur lit matrimonial. Il s'en allait à la mer seulement avec les feux allumés. Sa cale vide résonnait, elle fait la chanson des moteurs riche et forte.

« Je vais predre du poids pour toi » dit-elle.
« Quoi ?
— Je vais me mettre au régime. Je vais devenir belle pour toi.
— Je t'aime comme tu es.
— C'est pas vrai !
— C'est vrai ! » dit Bill. Il avait vu beaucoup de leur mariage; grâce au voyage dans le temps, il savait qu'il allait être au moins supportable jusqu'au bout.
Leviwosc: French → Afrikaans
‘n Boot groen en oranje, donker in die nag, grauwende en trommelde voor op hulle dek. Nog geen dertig voet van die huweliksbed nie. Hy het alleen na die strand gegaan met verligte lampe. Sy ruim klink leeg, wat die geluid van die motor maak klink ryk en sterk.

- “Ek sal aankom vir jou” sê sy.
- “Waarom?”
- “Ek sal my aan die drag hou. Ek wil mooi worde vir jou.”
- “Ek hou van jou soos jy is.”
- “Dit is nie waar nie!”
- “Dit is waar!” sê Bill. Hy het baie gesien van hulle huwelik; danksy die tydreis, weet hy dit sou draaglik sy tot die einde.
A boat green and orange, dark in the night, growling and drumming on the front deck. Not even thirty feet away from the marrige bed. He went to the beach alone with the lights on. The hold sounds empty, which makes the sound of the engine sound rich and strong.

- “I’ll put on weight for you” she says.
- “Why?”
- “I’ll keep myself to the fashion. I want to become beautiful for you.”
- “I love you like you are.”
- “That’s not true!”
- “It’s true!” says Bill. He has seen a lot of their marriage, thanks to the time journey, he knows it’s bearable till the end.
melan: Afrikaans → German
Ein Boot, grün und orange, dunkel in der Nacht, knurrend und trommelte vorn auf ihrem Deck. Noch kein dreißig Meter von dem Ehebett. Er war allein zum Strand gegangen mit erleuchteten Lampen. Sein Raum klingt leer, was das Geräusch des Motors reich und laut tut klingen.

"Ich werde vor dir ankommen", sagte sie.
"Warum?"
"Ich werde das Kleid einhalten. Ich will schön werden für dich."
"Ich liebe dich wie du bist."
"Das stimmt nicht!"
"Das stimmt!" sagte Bill. Er hatte viel von ihrem Ehe gesehen; Dank sei die Zeitreise wusste er das es bis zum Ende erträglich sein würde.
A boat, green en orange, dark in the night, growling and drummed in front on their deck. Not even 30 meters from the wedding bed. He had gone to the beach alone with lighted lights. The hold sounds empty, which makes the sound of the motor sound rich and loud.

“I will arrive before you”, she said.
“Why?”
“I will stick to the dress. I want to become beautiful for you.”
“I love you like you are.”
“That’s not true!”
“That is true!” Bill said. He had seen alot of their marriage; thanks to the timetravel he knew it would be bearable till the end.
DelBoy: German → Spanish
Un barco, de color verde y naranja, oscuro en la noche, gruñendo y golpeando delante en cubierta. Ni siquiera treinta metros del lecho nupcial. El se fui solo a la playa con lámparas encendidas. Su habitación suena vacía, que el ruido de los coches suena profundo y fuerte.

"Llegaré antes de ti", dijo ella.
"¿Porqué?"
"Guardaré el vestido. Quiero ser bonita para ti."
"Te quiero así."
"¡Mentiroso!"
"¡Es verdad!" dijo Bill. Ya ha visto mucho de su matrimonio; gracias al viaje a través del tiempo, supo que estaría tolerable hasta el fin.
A boat, green and orange, dark in the night, groaning and drumming at the front on the deck. Not even thirty metres from the marriage bed. He went alone to the beach with lit lamps. His room sounds empty, that the noise of the cars sounds rich and loud.

"I'll arrive before you" she said.
"Why?"
"I'll keep the dress. I want to be beautiful for you."
" I love you the way you are."
"Liar!
"It's true!" said Bill. He'd seen much of their marriage; thanks to time-travel, he knew that it would be tolerable until the end.
rachel90: Spanish → Italian
Una barca, di colore verde e arancione, scura nella notte, grugnendo e colpendo davanti in coperta. Neppure trenta metri del letto nuziale. Egli se ne andò da solo alla spiaggia con lampade accese. La sua abitazione suona vuota, che il rumore delle automobili suona profondo e forte.
"Partirò prima di te", disse lei.
"perché?"
"Custodirò il vestito. Voglio essere bella per te."
"Ti voglio così."
"Bugiardo!"
"E' la verità!" disse Bill. Ha già visto molto del suo matrimonio; grazie al viaggio attraverso il tempo, sa che sarà tollerabile fino alla fine.
A boat, green and orange-coloured, dark in the night, grunting and hitting ahead on deck. Nor even 30 meters of wedding bed. He went alone to the beach with lightened lamps. His house suonds empty, that the noise of the cars sounds deep and loud.
"I will leave before you", she said.
"Why?"
"I will keep the dress. I want to be beautiful for you."
"I want you this way."
"Liar!"
"It's true!" said Bill. He has already seen much of his wedding; thanks to the travel through time, he knew that it would be bearable 'till the end.
Michael: Italian → Spanish
Un barco, verde y naranja, oscuro en la noche, gruñendo y golpeando adelante en la cubierta. Ni siquiera treinta metros de la cama nupcial. Él se fue solito a la playa con lámpadas encendidas. Su casa suena vacía, porque el ruido de los carros suena profundo y fuerte.
“Yo salgo antes de ti,” dijo ella.
“¿Por qué?”
“Te cuido el vestido. Quiero ser bonita para ti.”
“Te quiero así.”
“¡Mentiroso!”
“¡Es verdad!” dijo Bill. Ya vio mucho de su boda; por gracias del viaje através del tiempo, sabe que será pasable hasta el final.
A boat, green and orange, dark in the night, grumbling and hitting forward on the deck. Not even 30 meters from the wedding bed. He went alone to the beach with lit lamps. His house sounds empty, because the noise of the cars sounds deep and strong.
"I leave before you," she said.
"Why?"
"I'll take care of the dress. I want to be beautiful for you."
"I love you like that."
"Liar!"
"It's true!" said Bill. He already saw a lot of his wedding; thanks to the trip along time, he knows it will be tolerable till the end.
Pandora: Spanish → Swedish
En båt, grön och orange, mörk i natten, knakar och väsnas på däcket ner, inte även tretton meter från brudsängen. Han gick ensam till stranden med upplysta ljus. Hans hem kändes värdelös för ljudet av bilarna låter djupa och starka.
”Jag lämnar förrän dig”, sa hon.
”Varför?”
”Jag tar hand om klänningen. Jag ville se skön ut till dig.”
”Jag älskar dig så.”
”Lögnare!”
”Det är sant!” sa Bill. Redan såg han mycket om sitt bröllop; med tidsresans nåde vet han att han det ska vara drägligt tills slut.
A boat, green and orange, dark in the night, creaks and bangs on the deck below, not even thirteen meters from the bridal bed. He went alone to the shore with lit candles. His home felt hollow for the noise of the cars sounded deep and strong.
“I leave before you,” she said.
“Why?”
“I handle the clothes. I want to look beautiful for you.”
“I love you so.”
“Liar!”
“It’s true!” said Bill. Already he saw much of his wedding; with the time travels grace he knew that he will manage till the end.
Aleco: Swedish → Icelandic
Einn bátur, grænn og appelsínugulur, dimmur í nóttinni, ískrar og brakar undir þilförum, bara þrettán metrar undan brúðarrúminu. Hann fór einmana að ströndina með kveiktum ljósum. Honum virðist heimilið verðlaust því að bílarnir hljóma dimmt og hart.
"Ég fer áður en þú," sagði hún.
"Af hverju?"
"Ég verð að sjá um brúðakjólnum. Ég vil ganga i augun á þér."
"Ég elska þig gífurlega."
"Lygari!"
"Það er satt!" sagði Bill. Hann hafði nú þegar séð mikið af brúðkaupinu sínu - því að hann færi á ferð í gegnum tími, veit hann að þeir verða að hava það í meðallagi til loka.
A boat, green and orange, dark in the night, creaks and squirks under the deck, just thirteen meters away from the bride bed. He went alone to the beach with lit lanterns/lights. His home seemed worthless because the cars are making deep and hard sounds.
"I'm leaving before you," she said.
"Why?"
"I will take care of the wedding dress. I want to be pretty for you."
"I love you very much."
"Liar!"
"It's true!" said Bill. He had already seen a lot of his wedding; because he goes time traveling, he knows that they will be doing okay until the end.
zeme: Icelandic → Esperanto
Boaton, verda kaj oranĝo, malhela en la nokto, ŝirantaj krioj kaj fendetoj malsupre ferdekoj, nur dek tri metroj antaŭ la edziniĝa lito.
Li estis soluleca sur la plaĝo kun ekbrilo lumo. Li ŝajne havas perditan lian hejmon ĉar la aŭtoj sono malhela kaj firma.

"Mi antaŭiras vin," ŝin diris.
"Kial?"
"Mi devas vidi la edziĝan robon. Mi volas impresi vin."
"Mensoganto!"
"Estas vere!" diris Bill. Li jam ..isis viditan multon de ilia edziĝa robo ĉar li iris al vojaĝo tra tempo, li scias ke ili havos ĝin relative baldaŭ.
A boat, green and orange, dim in the night, screeches and cracks below decks, only thirteen meters before the bridal bed.
He was lonely at the beach with a flash light. He seems to have lost his home because the cars sound dim and hard.
"I go before you," she said.
"Why?"
"I have to see the wedding dress. I want to impress you."
"I love you very much"
"Liar!"
"It's true!" said Bill. He had already seen much of their wedding because he went to a journey through time, he knows that they will have it rather soon.
Saaropean: Esperanto → Chinese
绿和橙色的艇在黑夜。甲板下十三米,可怕的哭泣莱婚床。
他孑然在沙滩阳光灿烂得特别光。他显然失去,但是汽车的声音很低沉。
“我先走了。”他说。
“为什么?”
“我想看结婚礼服。我想留好的印象。”
“说谎着!”
“真的啊!”比尔说。他已经看到结婚礼服,因为他去了时间旅行。他知道她近期买结婚礼服。
A boat, green and orange, dim in the night, screeches and cracks below decks, only thirteen meters before the bridal bed.
He was lonely at the beach with a flash light. He seems to have lost his home because the cars sound dim and hard.

"I go before you," she said.
"Why?"
"I have to see the wedding dress. I want to impress you."
"I love you very much"
"Liar!"
"It's true!" said Bill. He had already seen much of their wedding because he went to a journey through time, he knows that they will have it rather soon.
Ashucky: Chinese → Finnish
Vihreä ja oranssi vene yöllä. Kolmetoista metriä kannen alla, kauhea itku häävuoteesta.
Hän on yksinään rannalla, joka on valaistu valoisassa auringonvalossa. Menetti ilmeisesti, mutta auton ääni on erittäin matala.
"Minä menen ensin," sanoo.
"Miksi?"
"Haluan nähdä hääpuvan. Haluan jättää hyvää vaikutelmaa."
"Valehtelija!"
"Oikeesti, ha!" sanoo Bill. Hän vielä näki häpuvun, koska oli matkustanut ajassa taaksepäin. Tietää, etta hän askettäin osti hääpuvun.
A green and orange boat on the beach. Thirteen metres below the deck, a horrible cry from a marriage bed.
He is alone on the beach which is lit with bright sunlight. He obviously lost but the car's voice is very low.
"I'll go first," he says.
"Why?"
"I want to see the wedding dress. I want to leave a good impression."
"Liar!"
"Really, ha!" says Bill. He's already seen the wedding dress because he had travelled back in time. He knows she has just recently bought the wedding dress.
Jaakuuta (邪悪歌): Finnish → Swedish
En grön och orange båt på natten. Tretton meter under däcket, ett hemskt skrik från en giftesäng. Han är ensam på stranden, som är belyst av solens lys. Gående tydligen, men bilens ljud är väldig svag.
"Jag går först.", hon säger.
"Varför?"
"Jag vill se brudklänningen. Jag vill frysa fast med ett bra uttryck."
"Lögnare!"
"Verkligen, ha!", säger Bill. Han har redan sett klänningen, för att han redan reste ridande bakut. Vetande att hon har nyligen köpt klänningen.
A green and orange boat at night. Thirteen meters under the deck, a dreadful cry from a marriage bed. He is alone on the beach, which is lit by the light of the sun. Going obviously, but the car's sound is very low.
"I'm going first.", she says.
"Why?"
"I want to see the wedding gown. I want to freeze in a good expression."
"liar!"
"Really, ha!", says Bill. He's already seen the gown, because he'd already traveled riding backwards. Knowing, that she'd recently bought the gown.
Bryon: Swedish → English
A green and orange boat in the night. Thirteen meters below the deck, a terrible scream from a marital bed. He is alone on the beach, which is illuminated by sunshine. Apparently going, but the car's sound is very weak.
"I'll go first," she says.
"Why?"
"I want to see the wedding dress. I want to freeze with a good expression."
"Liar!"
"Really, ha!" said Bill. He had already seen the dress, because he had already went riding near, knowing that she had recently bought the dress.

BLUE TEAM
Kibo: English → Spanish
Un barco de color verde y naranja, negro en la noche, retumbaba y tamboreaba al lado de su balcón, menos de diez metros desde su cama matrimonial. Iba hacia el mar sólo con las luces de navegación encendidas. Sus bodegas vacías resonaban y hacían el canto de los motores rico y fuerte.

"Voy a adelgazar para ti", dijo ella.
"¿Qué?"
"Voy a ponerme a una dieta. Voy a hacerme bonita para ti."
"Me gustas tal como eres."
"¿Ah sí?"
"Sí," dijo Bill. Ya había visto mucho de su matrimonio; gracias a los viajes a través del tiempo, él sabía que eso iba a ser por lo menos soportable hasta el final.
Ayiaearel: Spanish → Greek
Μια βάρκα πράσινου και πορτοκαλιού χρώματος, μαύρη στην νύχτα, αντιλαλούσε και χτυπούσε στο πλάι της προκυμαίας της, λιγότερα από δέκα μέτρα από το γαμίλιο της κρεββάτι. Προς τον ωκεανό απέπλευσε με μόνο τα φώτα πλοήγυσης φωτισμένα. Ήχησαν τα κελάρια της, τραγουδώντας το τραγούδι του κινητήρα δυναντά και πλούσια.

«Για σένα θα χάσω βάρος,» είπε αυτή.
«Πώς;»
«Θα κάνω δίαιτα. Θα είμαι οραία για σένα.»
«Μ’ αρέσεις πώς είσαι.»
«Ναι;»
«Ναι,» είπε ο Μπιλ. Ήδη γνώριζε καλά τον γάμο του. Χάρη στα ταξίδια τα οποία είχε πάει καθ’ όλη τη διάρκεια της ύπαρχης του, ήξερε ότι θα ήταν όλα τα πράγματα τουλάχιστον υποφερτά μέχρι το τέλος.
A green and orange boat, black in the night, echoed and knocked against the side of her dock, less than ten meters from her marriage bed. She went out to sea with only her navigation lights lit. Her cellars echoed, singing the song of the engine powerfully and lavishly.

"I'm going to lose weight for you", she said.
"Huh?"
"I'm going on a diet. I'll make myself beautiful for you."
"I like you as you are."
"You do?"
"Yes," said Bill. He already knew much about his marriage. Thanks to the trips he had taken throughout his life, he knew that things would be at least bearable till the end.
alois: Greek → Italian
Un battello di colori verde e arancia, a tarda notte, ha echeggiato e raggiunto il fianco della sua banchina, meno dal dieci metri dal letto nuziale. Verso l’oceano, ha veleggiato con soltanto le luci di navegazione accesi. Le sue cantine hanno sonato, canterellando le canzoni dei motori, forte e lussuosamente.
“Per te, perderò peso”, disse lei.
“Come?”
“Farò una dieta, per diventare bella per te.”
“Mi piace come sei”.
“Vero?”
“SÌ”, disse Bill. Conosceva già bene il suo matrimonio. A causa del viaggio, che durava per tutto il periodo delle nozze, sapeva che tutto sarebbe almeno tollerabile fino alla fine.
A green and orange boat, late at night, echoed and hit the flank of its dock, less than ten meters away from the wedding bed. Towards the ocean, it sailed with only the navigation lights turned on. Its cellars sounded, singing the songs of the engines loudly and luxuriously.
“For you, I will lose weight”, she said.
“How?”
“I’ll make a diet, to be beautiful for you”.
“I like you the way you are”.
“Is that true?”.
“Yes”, said Bill. He already knew well his marriage. Because of the travel, which had gone over the course of his wedding, he knew that everything would be at least tolerable until the end.
loqu: Italian → German
Ein grün-oranges Schiff ist spät in der Nacht nachgeklungen und hat die Seite seiner Mole erreicht, weniger als zehn Meter vom Hochzeitsbett entfernt. Gegen den Ozean ist es nur mit den Fahrlichten gefahren. Seine Kneipe haben geklingelt, sie haben die Lieder der Motoren laut und prächtig gesungen.
„Für dich nehme ich ab“.
„Wie machst du das?“
„Ich mache Diät, um für dich schön zu werden“.
„Es gefällt mir schon, wie du bist“.
„Echt?“
„Ja“, hat Bill gesagt. Er hat schon gut seine Ehe gekannt. Wegen der Reise, die die ganze Hochzeit lang gedauert hat, wusste er, dass alles wenigstens erträglich bis ans Ende bleiben würde.
A green and orange ship echoed late at night and reached the side of the quay, less than 10 metres away from the wedding bed. Against the ocean it sailed with only the navigation lights. Its bars sounded, they have sung the songs of the engines loud and luxuriously.
„For you I'm losing weight“.
„How will you do that?“
„I will do a diet, to get beautiful for you“.
„I already like the way you are“.
„Really?“
„Yes“, Bill said. He already knew his marriage well. Because of the journey, which lasted for the whole wedding, he knew that everything would stay at least tolerable up until the end.
Rumpetroll: German → Macedonian
Зелено-портокалов брод се задржувал доцна во ноќ и се приближал на страната на својот док, помалку од десет метари од брачниот кревет. Преку океан пловил само со навигациске светла. Неговите салони звучале, тие пееле песни на мотори гласно и красно.
"Поради тебе те ќе ослабам."
"Како ќе правиш тоа?"
"Сум на диета, зашто сакам за тебе убаво да изгледам."
"Се ми допаѓа како сега изгледаш."
"Навистина?"
"Да", рече Бил. Тој веќе добро знаел својот брак. Поради патувањето кое потрајувало целата свадба, тој знаел дека бракот ќе останува барем поднослив.
A green-orange ship was lingering late in the night and approached the side of its pier, less than ten meters away from the bridal bed. It sailed across the ocean only with navigational lights. Its saloons sounded. They sang the songs of the engines loudly and splendidly.
"I will lose weight for you."
"How will you do that?"
"I'm on a diet, because I want to look good for you."
"I like the way you look."
"Really?''
"Yes", said Bill. He already knew his marriage well. Due to the journey, that lasted the whole wedding, he knew that it would at least remain tolerable.
gothwolf: Macedonian → Russian
Зелено-апельсиновый корабль остановился поздней ночью и приближал к сторону своего дока, меньше чем десять метров от брачного ложа. Он плавал через океан только с навигационными освещениями . Его салоны гулко звучали, они пели песни моторов ясно и прекрасно.
„Из-за тебя я ослаблю.”
„Как сделаешь это?”
„Я соблюдаю диету, потому что хочу хорошо выглядеть для тебя.”
„Мне и сейчас нравится как ты выглядишь.”
„Вправду?”
„Да”, сказал Бил. Он уже хорошо знал свой брак. Из-за поездки, которая последовала всей свадьбе, он знал, что хотя брак останется терпимым.
The green-orange ship came alongside the quay late in the night and got near to the side of his dock, less than ten meters from the nuptial bed. He was sailed across the ocean only with navigation lights turned on. Its salons were heard, they were singing motor songs loudly and magnificently.
“I’m going to lose weight because of you.”
“How are you going to do that?”
“I’ll follow a diet because I want to look well for you.”
“I like how you look like now.”
"Really?”
”Yes” said Bill. He already knew his marriage. Because of the trip, which followed the whole wedding, he knew that at least the marriage will remain bearable.
Mefi: Russian → French
Un navire vert-orange s'est arrêté tard dans la nuit et s'approchait vers sa darse, moins que dix mètres d’un lit du mariage. Il ne nageait à travers l’océan qu’avec les lumières de navigation. Ses salons sonnaient bruyamment, ils chantaient les chansons des moteurs clairement et magnifiquement.
« C’est à cause de toi que j’affaiblirai. »
« Comment tu le feras ? »
« Je suis au régime parce que je veux avoir l’air bien pour toi. »
« J’aime comment tu sembles même maintenant. »
« Vraiment ? »
« Oui » Bill a dit. Il a déjà bien su son mariage. Au-delà de l’excursion qui accompagnait les noces il sut qu’au moins le mariage restera tolérable.
A green-orange ship stopped late at night and was getting closer towards its dock, less than ten meters from the marriage bed. He never swam across the ocean without the navigation lights. His salons sounded loudly, they were singing the songs of engines clearly and beautifully.
" I'll get weak because of you "
" How are you going to do that? "
" I'm on a diet because I want to look good to you "
" To me you look good even now "
" Really? "
" Yes " said Bill. He already knew his marriage. Apart from the trip that followed the entire wedding he know that at least the marriage will remain tolerable.
culúrien: French → Spanish
Un barco verde-naranja paró en el medio de la noche y se acerca la dársena, menos de diez metros de una cama de matrimonia. Nadaba tras el océano con las luces de navegación puestas. Los salones eran ruidosos, cantaban las canciones de los motores claramente y magníficamente.
"Es por causa de ti que me debilitaré"
"¿Cómo lo harás?"
"Estoy a dieta porque quiero verme bien por ti."
"Ya me gusta cómo te ves ahora mismo."
"¿de verdad?"
"Sí, sí" dijo Bill. Ya sabía bien su matrimonia. Más allá el viaje que vino con la boda, por lo menos sabía que la matrimonia se quedará soportable.
A green-orange boat stopped in the middle of the night and approaches the inneer harbour, less than ten meters from a marriage bed. It swam across the ocean with the navigation lights on. The rooms were noisy, they sang the songs of the motors clearly and magnificantly.
"Because of you I will weaken."
"I'm on a diet because I want to look good for you."
"I already like how you look."
"Really?"
"Yes" said Bill. He already knew his marriage well. Beyond the trip that came with the wedding, at least he knew the marriage would be bearable.
Kubi: Spanish → Japanese
オレンジ色の船は深夜に止まって、船着場を近寄った。夫婦寝台の十メートル以下だった。航海灯を点けてあるで大洋を横切た。部屋はやかましくて、モータの歌を素敵にはっきり歌った。
「あたしを弱めてあげます。」
「どうしますか。」
「あなたに気に入るために減食します。」
「今すでに僕に気に入ります。」
「本当に?」
ビルは「はい、はい」と言った。「もう婚姻が知っていました。更に結婚の旅行、少なくも婚姻が我慢できることがありましょう。」
An orange-coloured ship stopped at the harbour basin, less then ten meters from a marital bed. It had crossed the ocean with the navigation lights lit. The ship's rooms were loud, and the motor's song was sung clearly and perfectly.
"It's for you that I weaken myself."
"How that?"
"I'm on a diet in order to please you."
"You please me already as you are now."
"Really?"
"Yes", said Bill. "I already knew the matrimony. Now with the voyage that comes with the wedding, I at least know that matrimony will be bearable."
Miminga (モモンガ): Japanese → Polish
pomarańczowy statek zatrzymał się się koło przystani ciemną nocą.
Łóżko pewnego małżeństwa było dziesięć metrów nad poziomem morza.
Statek ciął fale z zapalonymi lampkami
W pokoju było głośno, bo silnik wyrażnie grał swoją melodię
"słabo mi"
"dlaczego?"
"boję się o ciebie i jem mało"
"już mi się podobasz"
"naprawdę?"
Bill potwierdził: "tak, tak", "ślub już ustalony, potem będzie podróż poślubna, przynajmniej ślub jakoś wytrzymam"
orange ship stopped by the harbour
A bed of one pair was 10 metres above the sea level.
The ship was cutting the waves with lights on.
In the room there was noisy, because the motor was playing it's melody.
"i feel sick"
"Why?"
"I am worried about you and I am skipping the meals"
"i like already"
"really?"
Bill acquiesced : "yes, yes", "the marriage is already decided,then we will go to newlywed travel, at least I will go trough the marriage somehow"
Æren: Polish → Ancient Greek
ἡ δὲ πορτοκαλὶα ναῦς περὶ τοῦ ναυστάθμου ἐν σκοτεινῇ νυκτί ἐπαύσατο·
ἡ μὲν τοῦ γάμου τοῦ βεβαίου κλίνη δὲκα μετρῶν τοῦ τῆς θαλάττης ὁμαλοῦ ὑπερίστατο·
τὰ δὲ κύματα ἡ ναῦς φάεσι ἁπτομένοις ἔτεμνε·
τῆς δὲ γὰρ μηχανής σαφῶς τὸ αὐτῆς μὲλος φθεγγομένης ψόφος μὲν μέγας ἐν τῷ οἰκήματι ἦν·
λιποψυχέω [ἔφη]·
τὶ οὖν;
φοβοῦμαι [γὰρ] περὶ σοί μικρόν τε ἐσθίω·
φιλέω σ’ἤδη·
ἀληθὲς δ’ἄρα;
ναὶ, ναὶ, ἐβεβαίωσε ὁ Βίλλ, ὁ δὲ γάμος ἢδη καθεστώς, ἔπειτα μὲν γαμὸπλους ἔσται, γάμον γέ πως ὑπομενῶ·
The orange ship stopped around the haven in the dark night. The bed of the sure marriage stood 10 meters from the sea's surface. The ship with lights turned on was splitting the waves. Because the machine was clearly making noise with its song/sound, there was a great noise in the room.
- I feel faint.
- Why [indeed]?
- (for) I am scared about you and eat less.
- I already like you.
- Really?
- Yes, yes, confirmed Bill, the wedding [is] already set, then there will be the wedding trip, I'll stand up somehow the marriage [ceremony].
Dminor: Ancient Greek → Middle Dutch
Dat scip der appelen van arancen in ere belokenre nacht ombe die havene merrede.
Dat bedde der vaster echten stoet boven tvlacke van der see tien ellen.
Tscip sneet die baren alse daer lampten ontsteken bleven.
Want daer tgevaerde gaf clare sine clanc, daer was in der camere groet gheruusc.
“Ic verswelte!”
“Waerombe?”
“Ic sorge ombe di ende ete luttic.”
“Ic minne di ietoewaert.”
“Jaboye, waerlike?”
“Ja, ja,” so dedere Bill seker. “Die brulocht is emmertoe gheset, daer sal echt wesen ene houwelicksche vart, een houlick salic gheliden enichsins.”
The orange ship stopped around the harbour in a dark night.
The bed of the firm marriage stood ten meters above sea-level.
The ship cut the waves with lights being lit.
For when the machine clearly made its tune, there was a big noise in the room.
“I’m fainting” [she said];
“Why?”
“[For] I fear for you and I eat little.”
“I love you already.”
“Oh! Really?”
“Yes, yes,” confirmed Bill. “The wedding is already set, then there will be a honeymoon, a marriage I will endure one way or another.”
Muisje: Middle Dutch → English
The ship with oranges was lying in a harbor in a dark night.
The bed of the strong marriage was seven meters above sea level.
The ship cut through the waves while the lights there remained lit.
As the travelling clearly made its sound, there was a lot of noise in the room.
“I’m collapsing!”
“Why?”
“I’m worried about you and I eat little.”
“I love you already.”
“Oh my, really?”
“Yes, yes,” Bill assured her. “The wedding is fixed forever, we will soon have a honeymoon, I will endure a marriage some way or other.”
Last edited by Bubulus on 2011-05-17, 4:19, edited 1 time in total.

hashi

Postby hashi » 2011-05-12, 4:30

Lols:
  • Apparently going, but the car's sound is very weak.
  • "I want to freeze with a good expression."
    "Liar!"
    "Really, ha!" said Bill.
  • The bed of the strong marriage was seven meters above sea level.
(en-nz)(ja)(sv)(it)(mi)(et)

Sono ancora qui (a volte), ma probabilmente non ti voglio parlare.

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2011-05-12, 7:39

Oopsie! Meant to write "bride's bed," but wanted to change it to "bridal" - apparently I forgot :P

"I'm going to lose weight for you" ~~~ "I'm collapsing!"

:lol:
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Conversational (sv) Understands (dk) Minored in and lived in (ja) Actively studying (hu)
Exposed to (fo) Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs)

Bubulus

Postby Bubulus » 2011-05-12, 7:46

You should look at the semantic drift.

I'm going to lose weight for you > I'll get weak because of you > I feel sick > I feel faint > I'm fainting > I'm collapsing

I'm going to become beautiful for you. > I want to become beautiful for you. > I want to look beautiful for you. > I want to be pretty for you. > I want to impress you. > I want to leave a good impression. > I want to freeze in a good expression. > I want to freeze with a good expression.

Aurinĭa
Forum Administrator

Postby Aurinĭa » 2011-05-12, 9:36

Thirty feet - > thirty meters. Stupid mistake. But apparently I'm not the only one who has made stupid mistakes. :)

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2011-05-12, 10:06

Indeed Renacido - I already spent an hour looking at different aspects of the texts :)

I did use a couple of idioms in my translation by the way, but it doesn't seem like it caused too many problems.
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Conversational (sv) Understands (dk) Minored in and lived in (ja) Actively studying (hu)
Exposed to (fo) Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs)

Leviwosc

Postby Leviwosc » 2011-05-13, 21:43

I really thought that the woman in the French text was saying she wanted to put on weight. It didn't make sense to me, but I couldn't make anything else of it.

This was a hard text to translate, especially because the context is so small.
Image Image | Image Image Image Image | Image Image Image

Dminor
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dminor » 2011-05-13, 23:18

Leviwosc wrote:I really thought that the woman in the French text was saying she wanted to put on weight. It didn't make sense to me, but I couldn't make anything else of it.

It was not your fault, it was a typo. Instead of perdre 'to lose' Renaçido wrote predre, which you interpreted as prendre 'to take, to gain'. I have to say there are less elegant ways to get from losing weight to putting it on :mrgreen:
काव्यशास्त्रविनोदेन कालो गच्छति धीमताम् । व्यसनेन च मूर्खाणां निद्रया कलहेन वा

Bubulus

Postby Bubulus » 2011-05-14, 3:17

Ohh!! I see. :P

Ayiaearel

Postby Ayiaearel » 2011-05-17, 4:19

I assumed "su" referred to the boat and not to the couple mentioned later on, so I interpreted it as the boat getting "married" to Bill and taking her maiden voyage. Or something . . .
¡A la máquina!

loqu

Postby loqu » 2011-06-02, 12:11

Hahaha, during my retirement I missed this.

- A green and orange boat in the night [...] on the beach, which is illuminated by sunshine. Weird night indeed :lol:
- "I'm worried about you and I eat little". :lol:
Нека људи уживају у стварима.
Let people enjoy things.

Return to “Games”