Albanian

Any language which does not have a specific forum can have a thread made for it here.
pimpoapo
Re: The Owl and the Pussy-cat - to be translated into Albanian

Postby pimpoapo » 2008-10-18, 15:17

Hi everyone,

I'm back with a new request. :) The last six month the http://www.bompa.org has been gone through many changes. One of them is, I started to share the audio versions of the translations.
So I would like to ask someone to help me with the Albanian recording if it's possible. You can send me a PM with a link to your record or send it to my email address that can be found on the site.
Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to listen the Albanian translation in your language sooner or later, :)

-=Pimpoapo=-

Pauro

Japoni

Postby Pauro » 2008-10-25, 16:10

Tungjatjeta!

I guess the best known nickname for Japan in shqip is VENDI I LINDJES SË DIELLIT (please confirm if it's correct).
I'm trying to translate another one: "the land of the cherry blossom". Has anyone heard it by chance and if not, could please suggest a nice translation in the literary shqip?

SamoSamNina

some materials i found -

Postby SamoSamNina » 2008-11-27, 4:06

I was perusing some stuff and found a site w/ materials for less commonly taught languages (seeing as how Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian, which I've studied 2-3 years, and Turkish, currently studying, both fall under that category -- and Albanian DEFINITELY does) - i came across some materials, if anyone ever has the money to invest :P

I'm saving this page and looking longingly at all the materials -- but it's nice to know that they do exist!!!

http://www.dunwoodypress.com/search.php ... &submit=GO
“We are not to simply bandage the wounds of victims beneath the wheels of injustice; we are to drive a spoke into the wheel itself.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer

adventrue

PAle Fire

Postby adventrue » 2008-12-15, 23:40

How would you translate above words to Albanian?
It's the title of a book by Nabokov.

todosmentira

Re: PAle Fire

Postby todosmentira » 2008-12-20, 17:37

zjarr i zbehtë ?

Sean of the Dead

Re: some materials i found -

Postby Sean of the Dead » 2009-02-10, 20:39

Holy cow, $95 for a course??? I wish i had the money for that, but even if I had that much I don't know if I would want to part from it. :P
Main focuses: [flag]kw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag]
Sub focus: Plautdietsch
On my own: [flag]is[/flag]

Sean of the Dead

Re:

Postby Sean of the Dead » 2009-02-10, 23:14

Cylon wrote:And here is an even better resource:

http://links4languages.googlepages.com/albanian

That Language Defense course on there is pretty good, but too bad they don't have the sudio for it, although I guess once you've nailed the pronunciation and are used to hearing it, it would be really good. :D
Main focuses: [flag]kw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag]
Sub focus: Plautdietsch
On my own: [flag]is[/flag]

ILuvEire

Re: Re:

Postby ILuvEire » 2009-02-11, 7:01

sjheiss wrote:That Language Defense course on there is pretty good, but too bad they don't have the sudio for it, although I guess once you've nailed the pronunciation and are used to hearing it, it would be really good. :D

Yes, but Albanian pronunciation isn't anything to be afraid of. There's nothing particularly odd about it
(normal toneless European stressed language). It's the orthography I'm terrified of. :P
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

geonames

Translation of small text

Postby geonames » 2009-04-04, 17:19

Hi all,

I'm running a website about (mostly) geographical names in several languages ( http://www.geonames.de ) and am looking for a translation of the introduction phrase into Albanian:

"The countries of the world in their own languages and scripts; with official names, capitals, flags, coats of arms, administrative divisions, national anthems, and translations of the countries and capitals into many languages"

Thank you all in advance and enjoy your weekend, or what's left of it.
Werner
my website: http://www.geonames.de
Gib mir die Kraft Dinge zu ändern, die ich ändern kann; die Gelassenheit Dinge zu akzeptieren, die ich nicht ändern kann; und die Weisheit den Unterschied zu erkennen.

YngNghymru

Albanian learning materials

Postby YngNghymru » 2009-07-14, 14:39

Since apparently I'm heading over to Albania in a year or so, I'm interested in learning to speak the language to a level where I can at least communicate basically! Does anyone have any recommendation as to what materials to buy/borrow/use?
[flag]en[/flag] native| [flag]cy[/flag] mwy na chdi | [flag]fr[/flag] plus d'un petit peu| [flag]ar[/flag] ليتي استطعت

ég sef á sófanum!

tarkus44

How do Albanian Muslims refer to the Muslim world?

Postby tarkus44 » 2009-07-27, 2:16

Hello,

I am a photographer writing a book about my travels through the Muslim world. The title of the book will be "House of Peace" which is an English translation for the Arabic term dar es-salaam which is one way Arab Muslims refer to the Muslim world. I was wondering if the same term (house or abode of peace) is used by Albanian Muslims? If so, can you provide this in Albanian? If not, can you provide the words that are used to refer to the Muslim World and also their literal English translations?

Thank you

Jeff Amrhein

cordoba_moor

Nikollë Nikprelaj song?

Postby cordoba_moor » 2009-12-18, 1:36

Does anyone know the name of/lyrics to this song? A song is out there by him called "Kangë dhe potpuri dasmash", but it's not the same.

Any help is appreciated.

zeme

Is This Albanian?

Postby zeme » 2010-04-27, 17:54

I was just watching OMNI on television and there were these subtitles popping up over and over, so I took a picture. My first assumption was that this is Kaszubian, but the ç made me think otherwise. I'm fairly certain that it is an Indo-European language, as I was able to recognize a few words and the structure sort of reminded me of Slavic languages without being one. Not being able to categorize it and hearing something about Albania once or twice, I now am pretty sure it's Albanian.

Is it?
The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do.

kasa

Re: Is This Albanian?

Postby kasa » 2010-04-27, 18:06

Looks very much like Albanian to me. I think it's safe to say that it is, unless it's some Indo-Aryan language in Latin script. :P

Słonecznik

outdated

Postby Słonecznik » 2010-06-16, 13:50

Last edited by Słonecznik on 2011-02-16, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.

jurfm

Re: Is This Albanian?

Postby jurfm » 2010-07-07, 10:12

Hi,

Please, maybe somedoby can help?

Is the language advertising in this clip Albanian? Only few words heared but...
http://lutskdx.ho.ua/unid/94.3_unidadv_220610_0750.wav

Many thanks and best wishes!

chucksrhodes

Re: Albanian speaker wanted - job

Postby chucksrhodes » 2010-08-21, 11:53

I am completely fit as per your requirement and capable of translating as per your required language. You can test my skills.

Słonecznik

Re: Albanian speaker wanted - job

Postby Słonecznik » 2010-08-21, 12:03

Sorry, we've already hired someone. If we need you in future I'll let you know.

ChrisH

Greetings in letters?

Postby ChrisH » 2010-09-11, 17:33

Tungjatjeta!

I just recently started to learn Albanian (on my second week), so my knowledge in this beautiful language is very limited. But I got a question that I haven't find any good answers to, yet, with which I hope you'll be able to help me.

Are there any "special" greetings in Albanian for letters?
In English you often start with "Hello" (or perhaps "Dear", "Greetings") and in Swedish we start with "Hej [recipient]!" (or just "Hej!", both is actually very informal {at least in speech}, but it's still the normal way to start letters).
And then you end the letter with something like "Regards, [name]" in English or "Med Vänliga Hälsningar [name]" in Swedish (translates to "With kind regards", often shorted to MVH).

The start of the letter is often a normal greeting which is used i everyday communication ("Hello" or "Hej"). But the end of the letter is very specific to lettering (most of us don't say "Regards" etc, we say "bye" or "god day" etc).

So: Do I start a letter with "Tungjatjeta" (or perhaps "Mirëdita") and do I end it with "Mirupafshim" or are there any other greetings that is used instead?
I'm interested in both informal and more formal (the letter is to someone I met, but not a close friend, I'm also just curious).

I wish you all the best!
[flag]sv[/flag] - Native
[flag]en[/flag] - Good
[flag]sq[/flag] - Attending a beginners class at the University of Uppsala.
[flag]de[/flag] - forgetting more and more of the little I once learned..[flag]zh[/flag] - Interested in, but my knowledge in Chinese is very limited.

Barbapapa249

Albanian dictionaries online?

Postby Barbapapa249 » 2010-09-12, 9:52

Hi all!

I was hoping to get some advice on good Albanian dictionaries available on the web... both Albanian-English/English-Albanian and Albanian-Albanian.

What to use :)? Thanks!

Return to “Other Languages”