[Azeri] Dialect Or Language ?

Moderator:eskandar

kalemiye
Re:

Postby kalemiye » 2010-06-07, 19:11

Selda wrote:Azerbaijani and Turkish are dialects of Turkic language. They are not dialects of each other.

Yep I know, they are dialects of the same language, but people in Turkey tends to think that the dialect of prestige is Istanbul's Turkish, while Azeri is simply funny :lol:.
Not available

ati

Re: Dialect Or Language ?

Postby ati » 2010-06-13, 20:48

Azeri is dialect of Turkish or not? It's not a good discussion. Who can fix it which language is dialect which is not.
esimow milastin kâr diyamow

Mert

Postby Mert » 2010-06-13, 21:04

Indeed Turks call themselves wrong, I think. Turkey's Turks are members of "Oğuz Turkish". Normally Turks in Turkey should have called themselves "Oğuz" as Azeris do.
ه ه
ل
پ

ati

Postby ati » 2010-06-14, 0:24

I think Oğuz Turkish people are a legend. Once Turks and Mongols ruled even Egypt and Europe. But it means Egypt Palestine and Europe is Turk now?

Mert

Postby Mert » 2010-06-14, 18:58

ati wrote:I think Oğuz Turkish people are a legend. Once Turks and Mongols ruled even Egypt and Europe. But it means Egypt Palestine and Europe is Turk now?

What do you mean? I don't get it. :?
ه ه
ل
پ

ati

Postby ati » 2010-06-14, 20:06

I meant that Turkish race is a legend. Some warriors and heros came to here then they ruled the people as minority. It's why all Turkish empires lived not more. Because they didn't bring their civilizations though they used civilizations of region. For example when Turks came to here,Greek,Armenians and Kurds were living here. And Ottoman Empire didn't aim to make these people Turkic. Ottoman Empire aimed to Islamize people. "Turk" was not a good thing for an Ottoman sultan. Moreover "Turk" was given to Ottoman society by Europeans. Because Europeans saw Ottoman Muslims as barbarian. So the best term for barbaric nation was "Turkic" nation. Actually "Turk" was used by Europeans to humiliate Ottoman Muslims.

Utopist

Postby Utopist » 2011-12-10, 16:26

Language.

We don't feel like being Turkish. :) We have our own culture and traditions.
My languages : [flag=]az[/flag] [flag=]ru[/flag] || [flag=]en[/flag] (C1) [flag=]tr[/flag] (~B2) [flag=]ar[/flag](B2) || [flag=]de[/flag](A2) [flag=]fr[/flag](A1)
Interested in: Arabic, German, French, Persian, Hebrew

Return to “Turkic Languages”