[Azeri] Azadtribun.net

Moderator:eskandar

Mongol
[Azeri] Azadtribun.net

Postby Mongol » 2009-04-06, 15:22

Regarding the question of whether Azerbaijani is a dialect or a distinct language,
there is an interesting website evoted to the plight of Azerbaijanis in Iran called
Azadtribun.net. You can access articles in English, Farsi or even Swedish, as some Iranian
Azeris have settled in Sweden, as well as Azerbaijani.
But the interesting thing is that the articles in Azerbaijani were listed as being in Turkce-Turkish. These articles were in the Latin alphabet.

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Azadtribun.net

Postby eskandar » 2009-04-07, 14:01

Cool site, thanks for sharing it. It does say "Türkcə" (in Azeri orthography) rather than "Türkce" (Turkish orthography). It's true that Azeris sometimes refer to their language as Türkcə, Azərbaycan Türkcəsi, or Türki/Torki, but this has more to do with Azeri identity (particularly in Iran) than with any linguistic issue. The fact remains that it's a distinct language, regardless of what name it's called!
Please correct my mistakes in any language.

Mongol

Postby Mongol » 2009-04-09, 22:10

Even if Azerbaijani and standard Turkish are separate languages, it seems to me based on what I have seen of written Azerbajani, that it actually differs much less from Turkish than many German dialects do from standard German, and Italian dialects from the Tuscan standard.
I listened to some Azerbaijani TV to alink on Turnaia.com, and did not even sound very different from standard Turkish.

hashi

Postby hashi » 2009-04-09, 22:13

I didn't see the swedish page :?
Jag såg inte svensk siden :?
(en-nz)(ja)(sv)(it)(mi)(et)

Sono ancora qui (a volte), ma probabilmente non ti voglio parlare.

zhiguli

Postby zhiguli » 2009-04-11, 13:43

and this is just beating a thoroughly dead (pan-turkist) horse.
we get the message. azeri/uzbek/mongolian/hungarian/etc. are all minor dialects of the great mother turan (aka turkish, aka first primitive sun radical "aaa") language, and turania.com is the most objective, scientifically sound forum on the planet. can we move on now?

kalemiye

Postby kalemiye » 2009-04-12, 8:38

The other day I was in a panturk restaurant in Istanbul called Turkestan, decorated as "traditional" turkish restaurants and with a guy singing folk Anatolian while playing a saz and recitating Turkish poems.
Not available

Return to “Turkic Languages”