Need a sentence in Rapa Nui for an art project

Moderators:aaakknu, atalarikt

LoneWolf
Need a sentence in Rapa Nui for an art project

Postby LoneWolf » 2009-04-05, 0:26

So here’s the thing, I’m in college presently studying in art. For one of my courses I have to make an art project which is socially involved. Being a language freak, I chose as a subject to treat about endangered languages and cultures.

Now, for my project I wanted to include sentences in as many of these dying languages as possible. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone of you could give me a meaningful sentence in Rapa Nui or any other endangered or newly revived language.
More precisely, I’m looking for a sentence that reflects the identity of the endangered language and/or people. It could be a saying in the threatened language, a nationalistic slogan, or simply a made up sentence which summarizes well the idea that all humans are equal and have the right to be. For example, in Gaeilge (Irish):
‘Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam’ (a country without a language is a country without a soul)

Also, please write in the script which is usual for the language.

I’ll take the time to mention as well that I do not want any hateful messages or slogans. I believe hate does not solve any problems, it only generates more destruction. Hence, I trust your input on this matter.

By the way, I have posted this message at a few other places on Unilang. I want to get the most languages included in the project as possible.

Thank you very much for your kind help!

Return to “Australian, Austronesian and Papuan Languages”