Armenian (Հայերեն)

Any language which does not have a specific forum can have a thread made for it here.
ILuvEire
Re: Armenian in Istambul

Postby ILuvEire » 2008-11-27, 8:31

Ah, they speak Turkish in Istambul...

Lol, but you want to learn the Western variant. That's the one spoken by the most people in Turkey.
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

0stsee

Postby 0stsee » 2008-11-27, 15:19

Thanks ILuvEire!

Of course she speaks Turkish, but she said that she also spoke Armenian, had gone to Armenian school, and knew how to write Armenian. She even showed me how to write my name in Armenian script. :D
Ini tandatanganku.

ILuvEire

Postby ILuvEire » 2008-11-27, 20:07

[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

0stsee

Postby 0stsee » 2008-11-28, 7:10

:D Shad Shenorhagal em, ILuvEire!
Ini tandatanganku.

Lietmotiv

Re: A question about Armenia

Postby Lietmotiv » 2008-12-23, 18:43

zhiguli wrote:I don't understand what such a politically loaded topic as this one is doing here. I thought this was a forum about the _language_. Is anyone here actually learning Armenian?

I've been 2 times in Armenia; I have a very good Armenian friend here in Bucharest. I did not need to use Armenian because everybody speaks Russian(actually you can here more Russian spoken in pubs,restaurants,stores)but more Armenian on the streets. Armenians are friendly, but the country seems rather poor. There is an important Armenian minority in Romania. I asked my friends to teach me some words in Armenian but I immediately forgot them; the language is very difficult indeed

Alejo

Re:

Postby Alejo » 2008-12-29, 17:36

Hypocrisy wrote:They have started attacking to Turkish villages by imagining about the great Armenia living in their dreams only. Everybody knew, they were sacrificed for bigger longings regarding the control of world. Ottoman emp. had to push them immigrating from east to south. During the immigration, many people were dead because of harmful diseases, enemy attacks and consequences of war.

I'm sorry to be a little blunt but ARE YOU A COMPLETE IDIOT? Yeah, the evil Armenians wanted to rule the world. Of course. That doesn't sound nationalistic propaganda at all. How do you BELIEVE that?

Mert

Re: Re:

Postby Mert » 2008-12-29, 21:22

Alejo wrote:
Hypocrisy wrote:They have started attacking to Turkish villages by imagining about the great Armenia living in their dreams only. Everybody knew, they were sacrificed for bigger longings regarding the control of world. Ottoman emp. had to push them immigrating from east to south. During the immigration, many people were dead because of harmful diseases, enemy attacks and consequences of war.

I'm sorry to be a little blunt but ARE YOU A COMPLETE IDIOT? Yeah, the evil Armenians wanted to rule the world. Of course. That doesn't sound nationalistic propaganda at all. How do you BELIEVE that?

There were Armenian armed groups and they attacked Ottoman soldiers and the state, but nothing can justify that Ottoman Empire exiled innocent Armenian people; moreover that never justifies they were killed! It is clear that Ottoman Empire planned all Armenians were wiped out of Anatolia, because it exiled not only Eastern Armenians, but also Western Armenians except for Istanbul Armenians.

Bandids, soldiers killed; raped them. They stole their goods and money! The people were left in the desert! After all, it is said the history to be forgotten. Turkish Alevis were also killed here by the state, and the same thing is said "forget it"! There is a famous expression in Turkey: "Yesterday is yesterday, today is today" That means "don't remember the history!" If it is forgotten, other events which are wanted to be forgotten will be able to happen!

We mustn't forget what happened in the history. The only important thing is to look at the future without forgeting the history.
ه ه
ل
پ

Alejo

Postby Alejo » 2008-12-30, 19:52

Mert wrote:
Alejo wrote:

There were Armenian armed groups and they attacked Ottoman soldiers and the state, but nothing can justify that Ottoman Empire exiled innocent Armenian people; moreover that never justifies they were killed! It is clear that Ottoman Empire planned all Armenians were wiped out of Anatolia, because it exiled not only Eastern Armenians, but also Western Armenians except for Istanbul Armenians.

Bandids, soldiers killed; raped them. They stole their goods and money! The people were left in the desert! After all, it is said the history to be forgotten. Turkish Alevis were also killed here by the state, and the same thing is said "forget it"! There is a famous expression in Turkey: "Yesterday is yesterday, today is today" That means "don't remember the history!" If it is forgotten, other events which are wanted to be forgotten will be able to happen!

We mustn't forget what happened in the history. The only important thing is to look at the future without forgeting the history.

Agree 100%

pimpoapo

Re: The Owl and the Pussy-cat - to be translated into Armenian

Postby pimpoapo » 2009-01-09, 10:52

Hi everyone,

I'm back with a new request. :) The last six month the www.bompa.org has gone through many changes. One of them is, I started to share the audio versions of the translations.
So I would like to ask someone to help me with the Armenian recording if it's possible. You can send me a PM with a link to your record or send it to my email address that can be found on the site.
Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to listen the Armenian translation in your language sooner or later, :)

-=Pimpoapo=-

alijsh

Re: Armenian sayings/proverbs

Postby alijsh » 2009-01-28, 17:34

من این وب‌نوشت را پیدا کردم که چندی از آنها به آنچه شما می‌خواهید می‌خورد. مثلا:

Միութիւնը՝ ոյժ է
ترجمه: «اتحاد قدرت است.»
مترادف فارسی: «دست خدا با جماعت است.»
مترادف فارسی: «آب به آب می‌خورد، زور بر میدارد.»
تمثیل: «دولت همه زاتفاق خیزد** بی دولتی از نفاق خیزد» سعدی
تمثیل: «دو دل یک شود بشکند کوه را** پراکندگی آرد انبوه را» نظامی
تمثیل: «مورچگان را چو بود اتفاق** شیر ژیان را بدرانند پوست» سعدی

«ضرب المثلهای ارمنی» را گوگل کنید. به احتمال زیاد، چیزهای بیشتری خواهید یافت.

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Armenian sayings/proverbs

Postby eskandar » 2009-01-29, 1:15

مرسی علی جان، خیلی جالب است. مخصوصا «چه‌ربطی به سبیل اسکندر دارد؟» را دوست دارم. ;)
Please correct my mistakes in any language.

CKyle22

Learning Armenian

Postby CKyle22 » 2009-02-04, 6:50

I don't know where to start. I can't even say the alphabet or know what the letters are, how they sound, or anything. It's my native tongue, but I never learned it as a kid and I want to now.
Really good at: Image
If I'd only stop making silly mistakes I'd be really good at: Image
Need more practice in: Image

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Learning Armenian

Postby eskandar » 2009-02-04, 21:44

Start with the Armenian course here on Unilang. Keep in mind that it's geared towards Western Armenian, but if your family is from Armenia then your native language is probably Eastern Armenian.
Please correct my mistakes in any language.

sirenita

Armenian courses in Armenia

Postby sirenita » 2009-02-24, 13:13

Barev to everyone!
I would like to ask if anyone knows a language school,In Yerevan, where I could attend during summer time.
Shat shnorhakal em ; )

Hypocrisy

Postby Hypocrisy » 2009-03-16, 14:20

Darn, i'm sick of dealing with the servants of capitalist world. You seem to be one of them. I do not attempt to deny my long history. I just reject the idea of ethnic cleansing of Armenian population REGULARLY. Everything on earth is reciprocal. Do you even think that one wipes out your family blatantly and you just watch the murder right in front of you? No way. There is no such a policy that was carried out by the state back in 1900s.

Let's assume that the genocide happened, there would have been a backlash to ravenous slaughtering of the Armenians. World and armenian people in Turkey would vehemently react to ethnic cleansing at this rate.(see "Turkish Invasion of Cyprus". Economical restrictions, embargo etc.)

Finally, Issues such as this one occur mutually all around the world. These are domestic problems of the states and must be resolved inside boundaries. The masters are trying to bring it to the political stage just because they want to make us busy with ridiculous accusations. As for Armenia, they are like a tick which clinges to a giant and draining the blood. Its west door is surrounded by Turkey. They sling mud at us miserably with the hope of doing harm. They are not to remedy the problem but make it more complex!

It's a pity that we have to go through the aftermath of a half-assed fake!

geonames

Translation of small text

Postby geonames » 2009-04-04, 17:21

Hi all,

I'm running a website about (mostly) geographical names in several languages ( http://www.geonames.de ) and am looking for a translation of the introduction phrase into Armenian:

"The countries of the world in their own languages and scripts, with official names, capitals, flags, coats of arms, administrative divisions, national anthems, and translations of the countries and capitals into many languages"

Thank you all in advance and enjoy your weekend, or what's left of it.
Werner
my website: http://www.geonames.de
Gib mir die Kraft Dinge zu ändern, die ich ändern kann; die Gelassenheit Dinge zu akzeptieren, die ich nicht ändern kann; und die Weisheit den Unterschied zu erkennen.

armatura

Re: Translation of small text

Postby armatura » 2009-04-04, 20:36

Here you are, it's Eastern Armenian

Աշխարհի պետություններն իրենց մայրենի լեզվով, պաշտոնական անվանումերով, մայրաքաղաքներով, գերբով, վարչատարածքային բաժանումներով, ազգային հիմնով և բազմաթիվ լեզուներով թարգմանությամբ հանդերձ:

geonames

Postby geonames » 2009-04-04, 20:49

Thank you very much!
Gib mir die Kraft Dinge zu ändern, die ich ändern kann; die Gelassenheit Dinge zu akzeptieren, die ich nicht ändern kann; und die Weisheit den Unterschied zu erkennen.

geonames

Postby geonames » 2009-04-05, 6:28

When taking a closer look, I find that the "scripts" seem to be missing in your translation, which are especially important on my site. Maybe the Russian translation will help coming up with the right word:
"Страны мира на своих родных языках и письменности; с официальными названиями, столицами, флагами, гербами, административным делением, национальными гимнами и переводами названий стран и столиц на многие языки"
Thank you again for your help.

Bojatschaka-Hey Guy

Re: Learning Armenian

Postby Bojatschaka-Hey Guy » 2009-04-25, 18:03

are there any resources,other than the link above?

Return to “Other Languages”