Annou pratike kreyòl ayisyen! Let's Practice Haitian Creole

M@!

Postby M@! » 2006-07-28, 21:22

Alcadras wrote:First,ortography fascinated me.I was interested in but didn't dare to start because it looked similar with French to my eyes and i was afraid.Then i saw,it is easier then French.That's all.Once,i'd read that Haitian girls are one of the most beatiful girls in world :P
That's all. :wink:

But why yesterday? :twisted:

Sisyphe

Postby Sisyphe » 2006-07-28, 21:28

Mariam wrote:Can we say koukoukou in Creole like we say coucou [slang for hello/hi] in French?

I'm not familiar wit hthe slang. :cry:

And of course I wouldn't want to preven you from learning the language! You guys give me a reason to learn how to read and write! And also, remember than I offered my help. :wink: With the cultural aspects, etc...Hmm...I have an idea! Who is interested in Haïtian cuisine? :wink: Griot, accra and conch...yum! :lol:
Last edited by Sisyphe on 2006-09-22, 0:22, edited 1 time in total.
Actively learning: ImageImageOn the back burner but in love with:ImageImage A life-long endeavor: Image

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2006-07-28, 21:28

Haiti is also known for voodoo and zombies :P

I remember once having watched a documentary about the "real" zombies in Haiti and I was like :shock:
Apparently there is some sort of drug they use which can make people seem as if they were dead.
Quot linguas calles, tot homines vales

Sisyphe

Postby Sisyphe » 2006-07-28, 21:30

Luís wrote:Haiti is also known for voodoo and zombies :P

I remember once having watched a documentary about the "real" zombies in Haiti and I was like :shock:
Apparently there is some sort of drug they use which can make people seem as if they were dead.

Why do you bring the lwe into our forum!!! Are you trying to invite them into our homes or something???
Voodoo is a serious cause for superstition...Be careful...
Actively learning: ImageImageOn the back burner but in love with:ImageImage A life-long endeavor: Image

Alcadras

Postby Alcadras » 2006-07-28, 21:59

Mariam wrote:
Alcadras wrote:First,ortography fascinated me.I was interested in but didn't dare to start because it looked similar with French to my eyes and i was afraid.Then i saw,it is easier then French.That's all.Once,i'd read that Haitian girls are one of the most beatiful girls in world :P
That's all. :wink:

But why yesterday? :twisted:

Because you wrote something here,and i saw these topics again.So i decided.

Çünkü buraya bir şeyler yazdın,ve topicleri tekrar gördüm ve karar verdim.

M@!

Postby M@! » 2006-07-28, 22:01

Marcus wrote:I'm not familiar wit hthe slang, neither is my mother. :cry:

And of course I wouldn't want to preven you from learning the language! You guys give me a reason to learn how to read and write! And also, remember than I offered my help. :wink: With the cultural aspects, etc...Hmm...I have an idea! Who is interested in Haïtian cuisine? :wink: Griot, accra and conch...yum! :lol:

Then we need a Haitian very badly. How can we find one?

Now we are turning our practise thread into a cultural one? :evil:

I am interested in Haitian culture. Recipes, customs, everything. Bring it on Marcus. :--)

M@!

Postby M@! » 2006-07-28, 22:02

Alcadras wrote:Because you wrote something here,and i saw these topics again.So i decided.

That's great. :lol:

Alcadras

Postby Alcadras » 2006-07-28, 22:06

Babay moun m'kouche :wink:

Goodbye people i'm going to bed :wink:

edit: Can we talk Haitian Culture in different topic please? :wink:

Haiti Kültürünü farklı topic altında konuşabilirmiyiz lütfen? :wink:

M@!

Postby M@! » 2006-07-28, 22:10

A domin. :?:
Until tomorrow. :?:

Sisyphe

Postby Sisyphe » 2006-07-28, 22:50

Mariam wrote:A domin. :?:
Until tomorrow. :?:

Demen*

Sisyphe

Postby Sisyphe » 2006-07-28, 22:54

Mariam wrote:
Marcus wrote:I'm not familiar wit hthe slang, neither is my mother. :cry:

Then we need a Haitian very badly. How can we find one?

I'll see what I can do about finding someone who can read and write and who is familiar with the slang. As for being corrected on your KA, KA is similar to Swahili - it has many variants, and there are an inordinate number of ways of doing something. When Haïtians hear other Haïtians speak in a way that sounds different, as in Swahili, the accept it for that. It can be annoying at times, especially when I am trying to check what my mother tells me against grammar resources and the contradict :roll: :? :shock: , but I assure you will get away with your mistakes/differences as long as you make reasonable ones...

M@!

Postby M@! » 2006-07-28, 22:55

The French-Creole dictionary gave me domin. :shock:

Sisyphe

Postby Sisyphe » 2006-07-28, 22:56

Mariam wrote:The French-Creole dictionary gave me domin. :shock:

OH MY GOD! :shock: See what I mean? We need our own version of the Académie Française!!! :lol:

M@!

Postby M@! » 2006-07-28, 22:58

Marcus wrote:I'll see what I can do about finding someone who can read and write and who is familiar with the slang. As for being corrected on your KA, KA is similar to Swahili - it has many variants, and there are an inordinate number of ways of doing something. When Haïtians hear other Haïtians speak in a way that sounds different, as in Swahili, the accept it for that. It can be annoying at times, especially when I am trying to check what my mother tells me against grammar resources and the contradict :roll: :? :shock: , but I assure you will get away with your mistakes/differences as long as you make reasonable ones...

Fine! I'll start inventing words then. :twisted:

Seriously, how is it in Haitian schools then? Say in dictation activities? If there is no specific norm for writing, everybody would get straight As easily. :roll:

Sisyphe

Postby Sisyphe » 2006-07-28, 23:12

Mariam wrote:
Marcus wrote:I'll see what I can do about finding someone who can read and write and who is familiar with the slang. As for being corrected on your KA, KA is similar to Swahili - it has many variants, and there are an inordinate number of ways of doing something. When Haïtians hear other Haïtians speak in a way that sounds different, as in Swahili, the accept it for that. It can be annoying at times, especially when I am trying to check what my mother tells me against grammar resources and the contradict :roll: :? :shock: , but I assure you will get away with your mistakes/differences as long as you make reasonable ones...

Fine! I'll start inventing words then. :twisted:

Seriously, how is it in Haitian schools then? Say in dictation activities? If there is no specific norm for writing, everybody would get straight As easily. :roll:

Maybe, but maybe it is done in French instead. :wink: This seems to be the norm.

M@!

Postby M@! » 2006-07-29, 12:17

Marcus wrote:Maybe, but maybe it is done in French instead. :wink: This seems to be the norm.

You mean that education is in French?

Alcadras

Postby Alcadras » 2006-07-29, 12:30

Bonswa!
M renmen sa a lang,m'lekti sèlman atantifman.Li se gran,ak pale e konprann sa a. :roll: M pa gen yon pwoblem.

Hello!
I liked this language,i only read carefully.It is great,i can speak and understand this. :roll: I don't have a problem.

M@!

Postby M@! » 2006-07-29, 12:41

Wi, epi ak yon diksyoné, m appran vit nouvo mo.

Yes, and with a dictionary, I learn new words quickly.

I used to confused mwen and m, now I understand m=I and mwen=me. Right?

Alcadras

Postby Alcadras » 2006-07-29, 12:43

I think mwen means both me and my.
You can also say mwen and m to say "I" :wink:
M is mwen's abbreviation.

Bence mwen hem me hem my demek.
Mwen ve m yi "I" demek için de kullanabilirsin :wink:
M,mwen'in kısaltmasıdır.

M@!

Postby M@! » 2006-07-29, 12:47

Alcadras wrote:I think mwen means both me and my.
You can also say mwen and m to say "I" :wink:
M is mwen's abbreviation.

:lol: Great! So many possibilities. Mwen renmen Kreyòl!

Return to “Creoles and Pidgins”