Chcę się uczyć polskiego - Mantaz

Mantaz
Chcę się uczyć polskiego - Mantaz

Postby Mantaz » 2005-08-02, 17:57

Dzień dobry!

Jestem Mantas, ja żiem (in Vilnius). Chciem rozmawiać po polski, ale nic nie znam: to jest pierwszy moj zdanie :D Teraz użiwam pomoca:

http://www.lietpol.w3.lt/

(I would like you to correct my mistakes and translate what is in the brackets, I would also appreciate if you write an English translation of the post in Polish ;))

dziękuję!

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2005-08-02, 18:28

I'll give it a try :)

I also learn Polish and this way I can practice a little bit.

>żiem

The 1st person singular of żyć (to live) is żyję.
This means "to live" as in "to be alive". I'm not sure if you can use it for locations though. Probably it would be better to say "miezskam", which means "to live" as in "to reside".

>(in Vilnius)

Vilnius = Wilno
in Vilnius = w Wilnie

>Chciem

Once again, the 1st person singular of "chcieć" is not "chciem" but "chcę".

>po polski

This should be "po polsku". "Polski" needs to be in the dative case.

>to jest pierwszy moj zdanie

Hmm... zdanie (sentence) is a neuter noun, so you'd need to use the neuter singular nominative form of "mój", which is "moje". Likewise, "pierwszy" should also be in the neuter form ("pierwsze"), with the posessive pronoun before it. Therefore "to jest moje pierwsze zdanie".

> Teraz użiwam pomoca

I suppose you mean something like "now I could use some help", right? I'd suggest something like "Potrzebuję pomocy" (I need help).

Regarding the title of the thread, I think it should be "Chcę się uczyć języka polskiego" (I want to learn the Polish language). "Języka polskiego" is the genitive of "język polski". I'm not sure if you can use a "po + <language>" construction after "to learn", but if you can, it'll have to be as explained above ("po polsku").

Now we wait for a Pole 8)
Quot linguas calles, tot homines vales

Mantaz

Re: Chciem się uczyć po polski - Mantaz

Postby Mantaz » 2005-08-02, 18:43

Więc, moja notka (would sound like this):

Mantaz wrote:Dzień dobry!

Jestem Mantas, ja miezskam w Wilnie. Chcę rozmawiać po polsku, ale nic nie znam: to jest pierwsze moje zdanie :D Teraz potrzebuję pomocy:

http://www.lietpol.w3.lt/

(I would like you to correct my mistakes and translate what is in the brackets, I would also appreciate if you write an English translation of the post in Polish ;))

dziękuję!

Ktoś, (please correct the thread title)

Kiesiu

Postby Kiesiu » 2005-08-02, 19:23

Luís wrote:> Teraz użiwam pomoca

I suppose you mean something like "now I could use some help", right? I'd suggest something like "Potrzebuję pomocy" (I need help).

I think that Mantaz wanted to say: Now I use some help, which in Polish should be Teraz używam pomocy or beter: Teraz wykorzystuję pomoc. Mantaz, do you want to use naudoti verb? (Sorry, I don't know Lithuanian :oops:)

Oh yes... And I forgot mention that beside this above I think Luís have made good work 8) With this correction you will be fully understand in Poland.
Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Mantaz

Postby Mantaz » 2005-08-02, 19:48

Kiesiu wrote:I think that Mantaz wanted to say: Now I use some help, which in Polish should be Teraz używam pomocy or beter: Teraz wykorzystuję pomoc. Mantaz, do you want to use naudoti verb? (Sorry, I don't know Lithuanian :oops:)

Oh yes... And I forgot mention that beside this above I think Luís have made good work 8) With this correction you will be fully understand in Poland.

Yes, I wanted to say "At the moment I'm using some help" and yes, it's the word "naudoti" ;)

Fenek

Re: Chcę się uczyć polskiego - Mantaz

Postby Fenek » 2005-08-02, 21:18

Sveikas, Mantas! Cześć, Mantas! :)

Cieszę się, że chcesz się uczyć polskiego. I'm glad you want to learn Polish. Labai man malomu. :)

I hope I manage to start learning Lithuanian one day and we help each other. Mam nadzieję, że kiedyś uda mi się zacząć uczyć się litewskiego i będziemy sobie nawzajem pomagać.

Luís was great at correcting mistakes and translating. He incidentally made a typo - "miezskam" instead of "mieszkam". But he hasn't left much for me and Kiesiu to add. Luís był świetny w poprawianiu błędów i tłumaczeniu. Przypadkowo zrobił literówkę - "miezskam" zamiast "mieszkam". Ale nie pozostawił mnie i Kiesiowi wiele do dodania.

Mantaz wrote:Jestem Mantas, ja żiem (in Vilnius). Chciem rozmawiać po polski, ale nic nie znam: to jest pierwszy moj zdanie :D Teraz użiwam pomoca:

Mantaz wrote:Jestem Mantas, ja miezskam w Wilnie. Chcę rozmawiać po polsku, ale nic nie znam: to jest pierwsze moje zdanie :D Teraz potrzebuję pomocy:

Jestem Mantas, żyję / mieszkam w Wilnie. Chcę rozmawiać po polsku, ale nic nie znam: to jest moje pierwsze zdanie :D Teraz korzystam z pomocy / używam pomocy / wykorzystuję pomoc:
Last edited by Fenek on 2005-08-02, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
I'd appreciate any corrections to my messages!
Vi sarò molto grato per ogni correzione!
Zelo vam bom hvaležen za popravke!
Aş fi recunoscător pentru orice corectare!
Bio bih vam veoma zahvalan na ispravkama!

Fenek

Postby Fenek » 2005-08-02, 21:21

Mantaz wrote:Więc, moja notka (would sound like this):

moja notka brzmiałaby tak: / mój tekst brzmiałby tak:
Last edited by Fenek on 2005-08-02, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

Fenek

Postby Fenek » 2005-08-02, 21:27

Luís wrote:I'm not sure if you can use a "po + <language>" construction after "to learn", but if you can, it'll have to be as explained above ("po polsku").

You can, but it means a different thing. Chcę się uczyć matematyki po polsku = I want to learn maths in Polish, that is to say, you learn maths using books in Polish, the teacher of maths speaks Polish, etc.

Mantaz

Postby Mantaz » 2005-08-03, 17:16

Fenek wrote:Sveikas, Manta[color=red]s [i - vocative]![/color] Cześć, Mantas! :)

Cieszę się, że chcesz się uczyć polskiego. I'm glad you want to learn Polish. Labai man malo[color=red]mu [n].[/color] :)

Dzękuję, ja chciełam się uszyć (earlier), ale nie był (there was no time). Chciełam także uczyć się po polsku uniwersytetie, ala nie był (enough) kredytow.

(By the way, do you know any Lithuanian?)

Ja także poprawiałę dwojkę (your Lithuanian) blędów ;)

I hope I manage to start learning Lithuanian one day and we help each other. Mam nadzieję, że kiedyś uda mi się zacząć uczyć się litewskiego i będziemy sobie nawzajem pomagać.

(Well), ja także nadzieję :)

Luís was great at correcting mistakes and translating. He incidentally made a typo - "miezskam" instead of "mieszkam". But he hasn't left much for me and Kiesiu to add. Luís był świetny w poprawianiu błędów i tłumaczeniu. Przypadkowo zrobił literówkę - "miezskam" zamiast "mieszkam". Ale nie pozostawił mnie i Kiesiowi wiele do dodania.

:)

Mantaz

Postby Mantaz » 2005-08-03, 17:25

Fenek wrote:
Mantaz wrote:Więc, moja notka (would sound like this):

moja notka brzmiałaby tak: / mój tekst brzmiałby tak:

Is (brzmiałaby) for "would sound"? How is this form generally made?

wsz

Postby wsz » 2005-08-03, 17:34

Cześć Mantaz :)

Chcę rozmawiać po polsku, ale niczego nie znam

In negative sentences we basically use genitive instead of the accusative used in affirmative statements:
mam dom (acc) -> nie mam domu (gen)
nie mam nic -> nie mam niczego
czytam książkę -> nie czytam książki
oglądam telewizję -> nie oglądam telewizji

etc.

On the other hand, there are a few verbs in Polish which even the Poles find difficult and confusing to choose the right case for in negatives. But I can't think of any at the moment 8)

Is (brzmiałaby) for "would sound"? How is this form generally made?

That's right, it means 'would sound'. It an combination of past participle (brzmiał, uczył, robił) inflected by gender and number ([singular] brzmiał - m, brzmiała - f, brzmiało - n, [plural] brzmieli - vir, brzmiały - non-vir) and the particle 'by' followed by person indicators, so to call it (basically, these are just remains of auxilary verbs used in Old Polish, if you're interested), which are: -m (1st person singular), -ś (2nd singular), -śmy (1st plural), -ście (2nd plural). So we have:
he would sound -> on brzmiałby,
they (girls) would sound -> one brzmiałyby
you (boys) would sound -> [wy] brzmielibyście

You can also say (note that here the by's are spelt separately; one of the rules related with this issue is that the conditional only spelt together with personal verbal forms, like 'zrobił' -> 'zrobiłby', but not 'robiło się' -> 'robiło by się'):
on by brzmiał
one by brzmiały
wy byście brzmieli

Mantaz

Postby Mantaz » 2005-08-03, 17:56

wsz wrote:Cześć Mantaz :)

Chcę rozmawiać po polsku, ale niczego nie znam

In negative sentences we basically use genitive instead of the accusative used in affirmative statements:
mam dom (acc) -> nie mam domu (gen)
nie mam nic -> nie mam niczego
czytam książkę -> nie czytam książki
oglądam telewizję -> nie oglądam telewizji

etc.

Dobrze, dlatego, że litewskogo językie także jest tak :D

On the other hand, there are a few verbs in Polish which even the Poles find difficult and confusing to choose the right case for in negatives. But I can't think of any at the moment 8)
(Let us not to start from the hardest :D)

That's right, it means 'would sound'. It an combination of past participle (brzmiał, uczył, robił) inflected by gender and number ([singular] brzmiał - m, brzmiała - f, brzmiało - n, [plural] brzmieli - vir, brzmiały - non-vir) and the particle 'by'. So we have:
he would sound -> on brzmiałby,
they (girls) would sound -> one brzmiałyby

A, to jest jasno. Ruski językie "by" także jest i jego można stawiać gdziekolwiek w zdanie :D

You can also say (note that here the by's are spelt separately; the rule is that it's only spelt together with personal verbal forms, like 'zrobił' -> 'zrobiłby', but not 'robiło się' -> 'robiło by się'):
on by brzmiał
one by brzmiały
Jasno :D

wsz

Postby wsz » 2005-08-03, 18:08

Mantaz wrote:[...]
Dziękuję, [s]ja [/s]chciałam się go uczyć wcześniej, ale nie było czasu. Chciałam także uczyć się po polsku na uniwersytecie, ale nie było (enough) kredytow (I don't understand this part :().

[...]

Ja także poprawię dwa Twoje błędy ;)

[...]

Cóż, ja także mam takąnadzieję :)

Dobrze, dlatego że w języku litewskim także tak jest :D

[...]

A, to jest jasne. W językach ruskich "by" także jest i można je stawiać gdziekolwiek w zdaniu :D

A, to świetnie! Nie trzeba pewnie w takim razie zadnych dodatkowych objaśnień :)

Nie zaczynajmny od najtrudniejszych :D)

Nie, to powiedziałem tylko jako ciekawostkę ;)

Jasne :D

Cisza

Postby Cisza » 2005-08-04, 12:34

wsz wrote:nie mam nic -> nie mam niczego

czy jednak można pisać "nie mam nic"? Tak jak tu:
Tołstoj uciekł od smutku,
Miał wszystko, więc nie miał nic.
Idę radośnie w skwarze dróg,
Właściciel swego cienia.
(c) L.Staff

Czy to jest już forma przestarzała?
Różnica między wielbłądem i człowiekiem – wielbłąd może pracować przez tydzień nie pijąc; człowiek może przez tydzień pić nie pracując.

wsz

Postby wsz » 2005-08-04, 13:46

Cisza wrote:
wsz wrote:nie mam nic -> nie mam niczego

czy jednak można pisać "nie mam nic"?

Wiesz, po wstępnych przemyśleniach dochodzę do wniosku, że "nic" jest poniekąd wyjątkiem od podanej przeze mnie powyżej reguły; innymi słowy – zarówno biernik jak i dopełniacz od "nic" jest dopuszczalny w przeczeniach. Potwierdzałyby to także przykładowe zdania ze słownika PWN ( http://sjp.pwn.pl/ ):
Nie mieć niczego więcej do roboty.
Nie dostać nic, niczego do jedzenia.
Nic, niczego im nie brakuje.
Nic, niczego już nie osiągnie.
Nic, niczego nie rozumiem.

Co więcej, jestem właściwie pewien, że w pierwszym zdaniu również można by napisać "nic" -> Nie mieć nic więcej do roboty.

Nie wiem jeszcze dlaczego, ale w zdaniu Mantaz, "nic" mi po prostu zupełnie nie pasowało (może przez analogiczną konstrukcję nikogo nie znam :?:) :?

Poszukam więcej informacji na ten temat i, jeżeli ktoś mnie nie ubiegnie, dam Ci znać :)

wsz

"Nic" czy "niczego"?

Postby wsz » 2005-08-04, 16:32

So here's the explanation.... With negated verbs that:
1. has a <i>negative</i>* meaning the only correct form is <b>niczego</b>.
2. go with nouns etc. in accusative - the form <b>niczego</b> is less common that <b>nic</b>.
3. occur with nouns etc. in genitive, both <b>nic</b> and <b>niczego</b> is used equally often.

This is what I found in the Dictionary of Correct Polish ('Słownik Poprawnej Polszczyzny'). Each sentence come with an example sentence:
1. Niczego nie zabrakło.
2. Nic nie robię., rzadziej: Niczego nie robię.
3. Niczego/ Nic nie słucham.
_________
* I'm not sure how to understand this :?

Mantaz

Postby Mantaz » 2005-08-05, 9:47

I'm a bit busy thus I'll answer after the weekend. Have a great one! ;)

Oleksij

Postby Oleksij » 2005-08-07, 21:45

Czesc!
Nazywam sie Alex i tez chciem wywczaty jezyk polski, ale ne znam niczego. Znam jezyk ukrainski, co jest bardzo schozy. Takoz, znam rossijski, hiszpanski i angielski. (sorry I don't have the Polish keyboard installed) :lol:

Kiesiu

Postby Kiesiu » 2005-08-08, 11:09

Cześć Alex!

gigant26 wrote:Cześć!
Nazywam się Alex i też chcę wywczaty (I don't know what did you mean) język polski, ale nie znam niczego. Znam język ukraiński, co jest bardzo schozy (Did you mean "który jest bardzo podobny - which is very similar?). Także znam rosyjski, hiszpański i angielski.
Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Cisza

Postby Cisza » 2005-08-08, 14:28

Kiesiu wrote: wywczaty (I don't know what did you mean)

wywczaty (вивчати) - ukraińskie słowo, które znaczy "uczyć się", np. вивчати польську мову - uczyć się polskiego.
Różnica między wielbłądem i człowiekiem – wielbłąd może pracować przez tydzień nie pijąc; człowiek może przez tydzień pić nie pracując.

Return to “Polish (Polski)”