Error message (again)

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Linguaphile
Error message (again)

Postby Linguaphile » 2019-03-09, 3:27

vijayjohn wrote:Now I can't read my PMs anymore. :(

Anytime I try to click on a PM, I get the following error message:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Out of memory; check if mysqld or some other process uses all available memory; if not, you may have to use 'ulimit' to allow mysqld to use more memory or you can add more swap space [1041]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

And I get that message when I click on a lot of threads, just like before, including the "Error message" thread and the "issues and bugs" thread. I also can't reply to Vijay's message (I can't even see/read it unless I log off and view it while not signed in).

księżycowy

Re: Error message (again)

Postby księżycowy » 2019-03-09, 23:26

Huh, this time I'm not having much issue viewing threads (as far as I can tell thus far), but I'm in Vijay's boat.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. I can view the other error message thread, but I get the error when I try to reply.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2019-03-10, 15:11

I just managed to click the PM button and see my PMs but still can't open any.

Linguaphile

Postby Linguaphile » 2019-03-10, 16:34

vijayjohn wrote:I just managed to click the PM button and see my PMs but still can't open any.

Try it now, proycon restarted the server and (for me anyway) it looks like it is fixed now.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2019-03-10, 17:02

Yay, now it works! Thanks! :D

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2019-03-11, 16:13

Now I have the opposite problem again. :P I can see my PMs if I go through the user control panel, but the PM icon doesn't work for me.

EDIT: Everything seems to be back to normal as of at least March 17 (maybe even a bit earlier).

Linguaphile

Postby Linguaphile » 2020-04-02, 22:11

I'm getting the SQL error in a lot of threads, for something like the past week or two. I know I'm posting in a really old thread here, but in the more recent one about SQL errors, I can't post because I get the SQL error. :doggy: It seems very similar to what has happened a few times in the past - seems like it happens every few months or so: suddenly some of us get SQL errors when trying to open threads or post replies, others only get the error with PMs, others have no problems at all for some reason.
I'm one of the ones who can't view or reply to many threads because of it. It's a bit random. Some threads I can post in (like this one... for now), others I can't. And it seems that when I can post once, generally I won't be able to post in that same thread again later. So, probably this will be my last post in this thread. :mrgreen:
Anyway if you post somewhere expecting a reply from me and don't get one, this will be why!
Unfortunately I can't remember how it got fixed those other times. :ohwell:

Naava
Forum Administrator

Postby Naava » 2020-04-04, 12:43

Linguaphile wrote: It seems very similar to what has happened a few times in the past - seems like it happens every few months or so: suddenly some of us get SQL errors when trying to open threads or post replies, others only get the error with PMs, others have no problems at all for some reason.

I've now started to get the error message too. I first noticed it with PMs, but today I got it when I tried to post a reply. I wonder when it'll spread to threads...

Johanna
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Johanna » 2020-04-06, 3:01

Naava wrote:
Linguaphile wrote: It seems very similar to what has happened a few times in the past - seems like it happens every few months or so: suddenly some of us get SQL errors when trying to open threads or post replies, others only get the error with PMs, others have no problems at all for some reason.

I've now started to get the error message too. I first noticed it with PMs, but today I got it when I tried to post a reply. I wonder when it'll spread to threads...

Yeah, and ironically, I get it when trying to access the thread created specifically for this problem...
Swedish (sv) native; English (en) good; Norwegian (no) read fluently, understand well, speak badly; Danish (dk) read fluently, understand badly, can't speak; Faroese (fo) read some, understand a bit, speak a few sentences; German (de) French (fr) Spanish (es) forgetting; heritage language.

Iván
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Iván » 2020-04-06, 16:26

Naava wrote:

+1 if this helps.
Minkä nuorena oppii, sen vanhana taitaa.

aaakknu
Language Forum Moderator

Postby aaakknu » 2020-04-08, 12:25

I get the error too.
Здайся на Господа у твоїх справах, і задуми твої здійсняться. (Приповідки 16, 3)
TAC 2019

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”