Quo vadis FSC?

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Quetzalcoatl
Quo vadis FSC?

Postby Quetzalcoatl » 2019-01-15, 18:43

Regarding the fact that the contest has less and less participants and that in this month no one even bothered to ask why there is no January edition, I think it's time to either say farewell to the FSC or move it to another place.

Maybe the admins won't like that someone is suggesting to go to another forum, but it would be a pity to give up the FSC so maybe that is the only choice we have. I have a few ideas where we could start to re-start the contest with edition 1 or to continue the contest with edition 73, but first I would like to see your suggestions.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Quo vadis FSC?

Postby france-eesti » 2019-01-15, 20:17

But you're right - we've both hosted the FSC and found it disheartening... Maybe we give it a break for a year and see if people wish to forget about it completely or wish to give it another chance... :|
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (hu) Can sustain a conversation with a patient and kind magyar or order some beer and lecsó in Budapest - (it) On Duolingo ma posso ordinare uno Spritz ed antipasti in un ristorante :blush:

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2019-12-29, 7:08

It hasn't quite been a year yet, but I guess people have decided to forget about it completely.

Antea

Postby Antea » 2019-12-29, 21:10

What are we going to do? Are we going to continue? I used to participate in this contest.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2020-01-05, 20:19

I don't think it's possible to continue the FSC since there don't seem to be enough people on the forum who are interested in it anymore.

Quetzalcoatl

Postby Quetzalcoatl » 2020-01-17, 22:22

I suggested to move the contest to another forum more than one year ago. No one supported the idea. This is the result.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2020-01-18, 7:20

I don't believe moving the contest would really make more people willing to enter it and play the game and vote... This thing lived and died, and I'm sad of this because I discovered many great bands out of it.
Let it be. Olgu nii. Rest in peace.
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (hu) Can sustain a conversation with a patient and kind magyar or order some beer and lecsó in Budapest - (it) On Duolingo ma posso ordinare uno Spritz ed antipasti in un ristorante :blush:

Return to “Culture”