The person after me game (2)

Moderator:JackFrost

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator
Re: The person after me game (2)

Postby france-eesti » 2019-11-01, 9:42

:lol: :lol: I don't sleep in pyjamas, I have none of those in my shelves! What's the use of clothes when you're sleeping, you already have to wear some while you're not in bed? :lol:

The person after me thought of Colin Firth in Bridget Jones' diary when they wrote about these pyjamas.
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (hu) Can sustain a conversation with a patient and kind magyar or order some beer and lecsó in Budapest - (it) On Duolingo ma posso ordinare uno Spritz ed antipasti in un ristorante :blush:

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2019-11-01, 10:59

No, because I have never watched Bridget Jones' diary.

The person after me is drinking coffee right now.
Please correct my mistakes. I'd really appreciate it ❤

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2019-11-01, 12:53

Yes, I just ended my end of lunch cup of coffee with milk and a few nuts. Thanks, lunch was tasty, brocoli and an apple :D Now I'll go to the shop and buy 2 apple trees, 2 pear trees to plant in the garden, as in France we say "A la sainte Catherine tout bois prend racine" (means when you plant trees in November - the 25th of November, to be more precise - they'll put on roots and grow up and get healthy).

The person after me also wishes to plant trees but hasn't yet chosen which kind.
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (hu) Can sustain a conversation with a patient and kind magyar or order some beer and lecsó in Budapest - (it) On Duolingo ma posso ordinare uno Spritz ed antipasti in un ristorante :blush:

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2019-11-01, 14:31

Osias wrote:
linguoboy wrote:
Osias wrote:I've actually sawseen very few proper Disney movies

Wasn't that tense meant for actions which effect continues in the present? :hmm:

You're through with watching movies for the rest of your life?

france-eesti wrote:Yes, it's very unlike me but that's true - I'm reading about how women where treated in the 19th century, locked into psychiatric hospitals when they were accused of having hysteria or dementia. Kind of sad, revolting.... and frightening too :roll: :| But I wonder if women could be locked thereup for eating disorders? :hmm:

The person after me will go and deliverplace flowers on someone's grave today.

Antea wrote:The person after me has a special pyjamas for Christmas nights, with a design of Rudolf the reindeer or Santa on itthem.

france-eesti wrote::lol: :lol: I don't sleep in pyjamas, I have none of those inon my shelves!

france-eesti wrote:Yes, I just endedfinished my end-of-lunch cup of coffee with milk and a few nuts. Thanks, lunch was tasty, broccoli and an apple

france-eesti wrote:The person after me also wishes to plant trees but hasn't yet chosen which kind.

I'd like to plant flowering dogwoods (Cornus florida), but they never seem to do well up here.

The person after me is tired of raking leaves.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Osias

Postby Osias » 2019-11-01, 15:20

linguoboy wrote:You're through with watching movies for the rest of your life?

Proper Disney movies? Maybe. Maybe I never watch one again.

But I meant to say that I saw/have seen some movies in certain definite points of time in the past. :hmm:
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2019-11-01, 15:33

Osias wrote:But I meant to say that I saw/have seen some movies in certain definite points of time in the past.

Every movie is seen "in a certain definite point of time". But if the overarching time period during which these viewings take place isn't specified, the assumption is that it continues up to the present day. E.g.: "I actually saw very few proper Disney movies when I was a child/in college/during my years abroad/etc."--those all sound fine. But since no time period was specified or implied in this instance (TheStrayCat was just talking about movies in general), it sounds jarring to use the simple past in your reply.

Other examples:

"I haven't eaten pastel de nata" [ever in my life]
"I didn't eat pastel de nata" [for breakfast/when I was visiting Portugal/before I learned I was lactose intolerant/etc.]

"I've never fallen in love" [ever, with anyone]
"I never fell in love" [in grammar school/with my former spouse/when I was still dating men/etc.]
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Osias

Postby Osias » 2019-11-01, 16:18

Thanks
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2019-11-01, 16:57

Antea wrote:The person after me has a special pyjamas for Christmas nights, with a design of Rudolf the reindeer or Santa on itthem.

Google gives me results when I search "Rudolf the reindeer", but in my experience, "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" is much more common. It's also the form used in the original story.
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

Antea

Postby Antea » 2019-11-01, 17:12

Dormouse559 wrote:

Google gives me results when I search "Rudolf the reindeer", but in my experience, "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" is much more common. It's also the form used in the original story.

Sorry, I suppose I forgot because I was just thinking of a pyjamas wit a big reindeer head on them, but not really with a red nose also :hmm:

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2019-11-01, 17:59

Antea wrote:Sorry, I suppose I forgot because I was just thinking of a pyjamas with a big reindeer head on them, but not really with a red nose also :hmm:

No need to apologize. The red nose is Rudolph's thing, so if you wanted the image of a generic reindeer, it would've been best to just say "a reindeer".

linguoboy wrote:The person after me is tired of raking leaves.

I don't have to rake leaves, so nyah nyah nyah! :twisted:

The person after me visited a bakery recently and will tell us what they bought.
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

Osias

Postby Osias » 2019-11-01, 18:54

A cup of coffee, bread with mozzarella and a fried egg and... whatever my wife had. Bakeries here are a mix of traditional bakeries and cafés.

The person after me have two sex slaves.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2019-11-01, 19:50

Osias wrote:The person after me havehas two sex slaves.

No, just the one. But I'm going shopping again.

The person after me has a piece of jewellery made from a leaf or in the shape of one.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2019-11-02, 7:06

I haven't but it sounds nice.

The person after me needs new tires for their bike.
Please correct my mistakes. I'd really appreciate it ❤

Osias

Postby Osias » 2019-11-03, 15:29

No, I think the ones I have are new. Relatively.

The person after me only manages to make the speech recognizer to work if they imitate a British accent.

Antea

Postby Antea » 2019-11-03, 16:21

I can only pronounce with an accent similar to a British accent.

The person after me knows how to dance traditional dances of their country.

Osias

Postby Osias » 2019-11-03, 17:04

I don't dance.

The person after me enjoys listening to samba.

Antea

Postby Antea » 2019-11-03, 17:32

I enjoy dancing anything with a good rhythm.

The person after me was a Punky in the past.

Osias

Postby Osias » 2019-11-03, 23:44

The only one I know is this.

The person after me is running away from a killing cyborg.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2019-11-04, 5:01

No, actually the killing cyborg is running away from me.

I'm sure one of the persons after me can unlock one of the Portuguese games in the subforum.

Osias

Postby Osias » 2019-11-04, 10:58

Me too, I'm sure of that.

The person after me game dreamed about Docker and Git.

Return to “English”