The person after me game (2)

Moderator:JackFrost

Antea
Re: The person after me game (2)

Postby Antea » 2019-10-09, 18:01

No, and besides, it seems quite dangerous.

The person after me has scuba dived.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2019-10-12, 7:12

Yes, I always go scuba diving when I'm on holiday.

The person after me will run a marathon one day.
Please correct my mistakes. I'd really appreciate it ❤

Osias

Postby Osias » 2019-10-12, 11:11

:D :D :D :D

The person after me can't go to the kitchen without starting to pant.
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2019-10-12, 11:16

My house isn't that big! :lol:

The person after me hates to cook meat because they never eat it and it makes their clothes stinky.
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (hu) Can sustain a conversation with a patient and kind magyar or order some beer and lecsó in Budapest - (it) On Duolingo ma posso ordinare uno Spritz ed antipasti in un ristorante :blush:

Osias

Postby Osias » 2019-10-12, 13:50

I eat the meat I cook.

The person after me is watching Lost In Space in German.
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2019-10-13, 6:18

I actually saw an episode of it recently.

The person after me has eaten ice cream for breakfast at least once in their life.

Antea

Postby Antea » 2019-10-13, 7:26

Yes, because I eat ice cream every time and in every season whenever I have the opportunity. I just love ice cream and for me it’s not necessary any logical decision or right timing to have one.

The person after me uses to have a continental breakfast.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2019-10-13, 16:41

No, I have just salad with vinegar and a yoghurt.

What's the best salad dressing for the person after me?
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (hu) Can sustain a conversation with a patient and kind magyar or order some beer and lecsó in Budapest - (it) On Duolingo ma posso ordinare uno Spritz ed antipasti in un ristorante :blush:

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2019-10-14, 5:24

Antea wrote:I really enjoy to going out.

tiuwiu wrote:
vijayjohn wrote:
tiuwiu wrote:No, the last time I saw the movie was over two decades ago and I barely remember it.

Just in case you're interested, I think I personally would say that movie, but I'm pretty sure lots of native speakers disagree with me on that. :D

Of course, I'm interested in this. :flowers:

Thanks! :D
vijayjohn wrote:
tiuwiu wrote:Absolutely right. I need a distraction while ironing and I definitely didn't want to be stuck in the laundry.

...You mean you don't want to be stuck doing the laundry? "I didn't want to be stuck in the laundry" sounds to me like you're talking about a time when you were doing the laundry and you had to do something to avoid falling into a laundromat or a basket of clothes. :lol:

Well, doing the laundry can be so boring that it puts me to sleep sometimes :ohwell:

Now I'm just imagining you doing the laundry and going "uuuuugh this is so booooriiiing" and then falling into the laundry basket and going "ugh not this again :roll: Get me out of here!"
Osias wrote:Unless your spouse worked as actor or producer or whatever on said TV show and spent too many much time working on it and neglected their family and marriage.

tiuwiu wrote:I led a man kills for his pleasure.

You what? :hmm:

I agree; I don't understand what tiuwiu's sentence here was supposed to mean, either. :hmm:
The person after me has never seen the rain.

I don't think anyone ever answered this question, so I will. ;) Yes, of course, I've seen the rain! :P
Antea wrote:Yes, because I eat ice cream every time and in every season whenever I have the opportunity.

I'd say when instead of whenever here since the ever in whenever is redundant here (a little unnecessarily repetitive IMO: ?every time and in every season whenever), but I'm not sure whether other native speakers would agree that that's wrong per se. ;)
I just love ice cream and for me it’s not necessary any no logical decision or right timing is necessary to have one.

I think usually native speakers just say "I just love ice cream and I don't need an excuse to have one." :P We also usually say "good timing" rather than "right timing" AFAICT.
The person after me uses to have often/usually has a continental breakfast.

Not sure whether you mean they often (Catalan (ca) sovint) or usually (Catalan (ca) normalment) have a continental breakfast
france-eesti wrote:No, I have just salad with vinegar and a yoghurt.

I would say a bowl of yoghurt or a container of yoghurt or something (and I never know how to spell "yoghurt" :lol:). Maybe this is an American English vs. British English difference (some British people at least do seem to say a yoghurt).
What's the best salad dressing for the person after me?

Believe it or not...New Orleans-style gumbo! I love using it as salad dressing. :lol:

The person after me has difficulty coming up with sentences to use in "the person after me" games.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2019-10-14, 10:03

Not at all, I just wish more people played so we could really play :D

How much would the person after me pay for a one-hour-long Pilates session?

Osias

Postby Osias » 2019-10-14, 10:54

Zero. I can't even distinguish between pilates and crossfit.

The person after me has burned all the bridges and now needs to learn to swim.

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2019-10-14, 16:37

vijayjohn wrote:
france-eesti wrote:No, I have just salad with vinegar and a yoghurt.

I would say a bowl of yoghurt or a container of yoghurt or something (and I never know how to spell "yoghurt" :lol:). Maybe this is an American English vs. British English difference (some British people at least do seem to say a yoghurt).

No, this is a fairly normal thing for me. Using an uncountable noun countably implies a unit of it, without specifying what kind of unit. I think I mainly use it when ordering food. You could say "I'll have a water, please," to mean one unit of water, which could be a bottle or a cup or whatever the establishment might use.

Osias wrote:The person after me has burned all the bridges and now needs to learn to swim.

Don't be silly. I already know how to swim.

The person after me still has decorations up from the last party they threw.
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

Versus

Postby Versus » 2019-10-16, 14:24

No I removed everything.

The person after me knows a lot about Polynesian mythology.

TheStrayCat
Language Forum Moderator

Postby TheStrayCat » 2019-10-16, 17:41

No, not really. I only remember having a book with fairy tales from around the world as a child, which mentioned there's a lot of suffering and death in Polynesian folklore.

The person after me enjoys exploring different neighborhoods of their city.

Antea

Postby Antea » 2019-10-16, 18:19

Yes, I often do that.

The person after me is a good photographer.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2019-10-18, 12:02

No, I am very bad at taking photos. And my digital camera should already have gone to retirement...

The person after me would like to conclude a "no gift" deal with their family and friends for Christmas.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2019-10-19, 5:33

vijayjohn wrote:

vijayjohn wrote:I agree; I don't understand what tiuwiu's sentence here was supposed to mean, either. :hmm:

I meant that I wrote a story for school about a man who was depressed and suicidal and than he started killing people for his own pleasure.

france-eesti wrote:The person after me would like to conclude a "no gift" deal with their family and friends for Christmas.

For years, I've been trying to convince my family members and friends to do no gifts for adults but .... :roll:

The person after me needs to buy a new pair of gloves for winter.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2019-10-19, 6:32

tiuwiu wrote:For years, I've been trying to convince my family members and friends to do no gifts for adults but .... :roll:

What's their excuse to waste money then? :roll: I really wish I coul give up buying goods and gifts to people who already have too much of them and give the money to a charity instead but I'll be called selfish.. :roll:

tiuwiu wrote:The person after me needs to buy a new pair of gloves for winter.

No, I'm all fit, being a biker I have many pairs of gloves for every occasion :partyhat:
(So no one needs to buy me gloves for Xmas :lol: )

The person after me will be following the vote taking place today and keeping their fingers crossed that a deal will be found before the big day.

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2019-10-19, 7:26

france-eesti wrote:The person after me would like to conclude make a "no gift" deal with their family and friends for Christmas.

"Conclude a deal" is a valid phrase, but it makes it sound like negotiations are ongoing, and all the person wants is to finish them.

tiuwiu wrote:
vijayjohn wrote:

vijayjohn wrote:I agree; I don't understand what tiuwiu's sentence here was supposed to mean, either. :hmm:

I meant that I wrote a story for school about a man who was depressed and suicidal and then he started killing people for his own pleasure.

Well, I don't know about vijay and Osias, but I'm most confused about the "I led" part.

france-eesti wrote:What's their excuse to waste money then? :roll: I really wish I coul give up buying goods and gifts to for people who already have too much of them and give the money to a charity instead but I'll be called selfish.. :roll:

[…]

The person after me will be following the vote taking place today and keeping their fingers crossed that a deal will be found before the big day.

I'll likely find out what's happened after the fact.

The person after me saw a lot of police cars today.
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2019-10-19, 16:34

Dormouse559 wrote:The person after me saw a lot of police cars today.

Police motorbikes, actually.

The person after me wishes their parents had raised them in a wittier environment.

Return to “English”