Re: księżyc - Deutsch

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-11-19, 22:07

Oh, OK.

Viel Glück!

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-20, 0:57

For this week:

Reading German - I plan to finish lesson 5 and do all of lesson 6. I might try to do lesson 7 as well.

Begegnungen - Review lesson 1

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-23, 22:07

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kevin
Language Forum Moderator

Postby kevin » 2018-11-23, 22:29

księżycowy wrote:3. Virtue does not sit on the table of a great man great men.
10. The postman hits the nail on the head with his observations about Ms. Meier.

1. Man endures/suffers the smoke because of the smoke of fires fire.
7. Man often kisses the child for the sake of the mother.

Does "man" really work as an English equivalent of an impersonal pronoun?

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-23, 23:28

Maybe not so nicely for #7, but it works ok in #1. In proverbs I'm not sure which would work better, "man" or "one". :hmm:

At any rate, danke!

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-11-25, 23:39

I'd say "man" means something more like 'all humans' in English, though, whereas both man in German and one in English often have more restricted meanings. I wouldn't really translate man into English that way especially since it can also just mean 'someone'.

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-26, 13:48

Annnnnnnnd, I'm back to Begegnungen A1+! You can thank Vijay for that! :P

This week, I'm going to review Kapitel 1 and do the exercises that I didn't do. I'm also going to start poking around and see if I can find a TV series to start watching. Suggestions welcome.

I'll probably go at the pace of 1-2 Kapitel per week thereafter. My current goal is to complete Begegnungen B2+ by Summer.

EDIT: I'm also going back to flashcards, but not through Anki. I like that Quizlet does more than just traditional flashcards, so I'll use that. It tends to change the way it wants you to answer, which I feel makes you think more and solidify the words more. But that's just my opinion. The other nice thing is, I found that someone else has already put up study sets for all of the chapters in Begegnungen A1+! Bonus! :partyhat:
Last edited by księżycowy on 2018-11-29, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-11-26, 21:28

Okay, so there are not too many World War II-related series that I can find, and most of them are very short, at least in terms of number of episodes (they usually only have like three episodes each!). The only one of these I've managed to find in full with subtitles (in many languages, actually) is called Verstaubt sind die Gesichter a.k.a. Dusty Faces. It's five episodes ranging in length from 8 minutes and 16 seconds to 19 minutes and 40 seconds.

I found this series from the Goethe Institut for people learning German, and there's also Extra auf Deutsch on YouTube (also for people learning German). Both have subtitles entirely in German (there are also equivalent Extra episodes available for people learning French, Spanish, or English, all with roughly the same plot, e.g. Episode 1 in English has pretty much the same plot as Episode 1 in German).

There are also a bunch of series without subtitles, like Berlin, Berlin and Türkisch für Anfänger. :D

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-27, 11:28

So, I'm wondering what TV stations have free streaming and/or VOD. I found one, but I don't remember the name of it.

Actually, as I think on it, I believe it was ZDF.

Anyway, are there any others? (Note: region restrictions are not an issue. :wink: )

kevin
Language Forum Moderator

Postby kevin » 2018-11-27, 12:14

ARD and probably most, if not all, of the regional public stations (such as SWR) offer the same.

I never actually attempted to stream one of the private stations before, but the first two that I tried now seem to require some registration and possibly payment after a trial period.

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-27, 12:43

I had tried to get ARD before but couldn't figure it out. I'll play around with the link you gave. Danke! :)

I'm thinking, for now, it would be better if I'm going to watch native TV to just watch live feed. No sense in getting invested in a series quite yet.

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2018-11-27, 13:20

If you're into films, you might want to have a look at http://www.netzkino.de/ (or their Youtube channel). I've never used it myself, though, and it looks as if it's mostly dubbed stuff.
Please correct my mistakes!

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-27, 14:39

As I told Vijay in the Polish study group thread, I'm not much of a movie person. But thank you regardless! :)

So, which format is recommended for learning German nouns:
1: der Stuhl, die Stühle
-or-
2: der Stuhl, -"e
I'm leaning towards the second option, but I'm curious about other's thoughts.

EDIT: Actually, because of the way Quizlet works, it's resolved itself. :P

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-29, 17:15

So, I just got done making my flashcards for Kapitel 1. A whole 396 words. Holy shit. (And that's not counting the words from section B, which I didn't include!) EDIT: Make that 432 words.....

I'm going to start posting my answers to the exercises in the book later today. (Well, some of the exercises, as some are quite repetitive. I'll spare everyone else the misery. :P )

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-29, 21:07

I apologize for this long string of posts, but I can't attachment more than two pictures, and I like giving context to the exercises. So yeah. Here we go!

Kapitel 1
A5
► Show Spoiler

A12
► Show Spoiler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-29, 21:13

A13
► Show Spoiler

A14
► Show Spoiler

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-29, 21:22

A16
► Show Spoiler

A19
► Show Spoiler

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-29, 21:28

A31
► Show Spoiler

A32
► Show Spoiler

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-29, 21:40

A33
► Show Spoiler

A39
► Show Spoiler

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-11-30, 3:18

Lol hi, David Letterman. :P
księżycowy wrote:Artzt
Taxifahraerin
Ich Sspreche Englisch.
A31
► Show Spoiler

Wie wohnen Sie? (how do you live?) could be a valid question, I suppose, but I doubt that's what they were looking for ('where' is wo, not wie). I think the verb they were looking for was heißen.
1. Wie alt sind sie?

*Sie (sie would mean 'they') :)
► Show Spoiler

#2-3 in b don't really make sense in this context; they want you to pick kinds of literature that are not mentioned in the answers.

Return to “German (Deutsch)”