vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Re: Japanese Study Group

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-11-16, 0:20

How about we stick with our current ones and try every other week? :whistle:

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-16, 0:40

That's an option, but I'd like to hear from everyone.

If anyone else is still there...?

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2018-11-16, 0:43

I like that idea. I apologize guys, but I haven't had time yet to go through the MnN books and use your explanation posts to figure out how the books work. I'm hoping to do that tomorrow. So, I might be behind, but hopefully I can catch up. If I'm not able to do Lessons 1 and 2 by this Saturday, I will for sure get it done by next week Saturday.
Native: (en-ca)
Active: (fr)(es)(pt-br)(ta-lk)(mi)(sq)(tl)
Inactive: (de)(ja)(yue)(oj)(id)(hu)(pl)(tr)(hi)(zh)(sv)(ko)(no)(it)(haw)(fy)(nl)(nah)(gl)(ro)(cy)(oc)(an)(sr)(en_old)(got)(sux)(grc)(la)(sgn-us)

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-16, 0:48

That's fine. I think by now we're just shooting for lesson 1. I just didn't change the assignment. :P

So, what pacing would you like to see the "breaks" at, dEhiN?

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2018-11-16, 1:34

księżycowy wrote:That's fine. I think by now we're just shooting for lesson 1. I just didn't change the assignment. :P

Sounds good; does that include the workbook too?

So, what pacing would you like to see the "breaks" at, dEhiN?

I'm not sure for pacing. In terms of what to do, I wouldn't mind choosing anime episodes to watch or other media.
Inactive: (de)(ja)(yue)(oj)(id)(hu)(pl)(tr)(hi)(zh)(sv)(ko)(no)(it)(haw)(fy)(nl)(nah)(gl)(ro)(cy)(oc)(an)(sr)(en_old)(got)(sux)(grc)(la)(sgn-us)

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-16, 1:45

I can just see Vijay watching anime now. :lol:

Would it be for listening practice, or for some other language learning purpose? (It doesn't have to be for any language learning purpose, but you seemed to offer it as a group activity, do I thought I'd ask.)

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2018-11-16, 1:46

księżycowy wrote:Would it be for listening practice, or for some other language learning purpose? (It doesn't have to be for any language learning purpose, but you seemed to offer it as a group activity, do I thought I'd ask.)

For listening practice.

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-16, 1:50

I'd definitely be up for that. I've been going through a dry spell these last few months. I specifically mean anime, but I'd just as easily get down with live action, depending on the content of course.

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2018-11-16, 4:21

dEhiN wrote:
księżycowy wrote:That's fine. I think by now we're just shooting for lesson 1. I just didn't change the assignment. :P

Sounds good; does that include the workbook too?

Bump. :D

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-11-16, 4:22

We've only done the textbook for now, but we'll start working on the workbook once we're done with lesson 1 in the textbook.
księżycowy wrote:I can just see Vijay watching anime now. :lol:

*eyes and mouth bulge unrealistically wide and become weirdly twitchy* DAME YO! DAMEEEEEE!!! :evil:

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2018-11-16, 4:27

vijayjohn wrote:DAME YO! DAMEEEEEE!!!

What does that mean in Japanese? My mind keeps reading that in Spanish! :P

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-11-16, 5:40

It means the opposite of what it says in Spanish. :P It means "no! Nooooooo!!!" :lol:

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2018-11-18, 7:35

Hey guys, I haven't forgotten about this group. I'm going to try and today or tomorrow take a look at MnN and compare it to księżycowy's explanations. If I recall correctly, you two only did Lesson 1 in the textbook right? Are you two ok if I play catch up this week and do Lesson 1 in the textbook by 11/24? Or would you rather also do Lesson 2? I don't mind trying both Lessons 1 and 2 by 11/24.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-11-18, 7:47

I'm fine with waiting until you've done Lesson 1. (I might also be fine with going on to Lesson 2 but only if we all agree on that instead).

Księżycowy and I had actually both kind of gone through a few more chapters in the textbook after we started this group, but he's already read the whole thing before anyway, and we recently started over from the beginning, so we managed to actually do some of the exercises this time instead of simply reading through the book. :D

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2018-11-18, 8:05

vijayjohn wrote:Księżycowy and I had actually both kind of gone through a few more chapters in the textbook after we started this group, but he's already read the whole thing before anyway, and we recently started over from the beginning, so we managed to actually do some of the exercises this time instead of simply reading through the book. :D

You mean just reading through the book was an option?! :shock: :D

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-11-18, 8:13

dEhiN wrote:
vijayjohn wrote:Księżycowy and I had actually both kind of gone through a few more chapters in the textbook after we started this group, but he's already read the whole thing before anyway, and we recently started over from the beginning, so we managed to actually do some of the exercises this time instead of simply reading through the book. :D

You mean just reading through the book was an option?! :shock: :D

It was back then because he wasn't going through it with quite as much dedication as he is now!

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-18, 9:58

Actually, because of my going through it before, I've done most of the exercises through lesson 9. :P There are a few gaps though.

But yeah, you're good dEhiN. Take your time and get used to the textböok. And please, ask questions so we can help clarify things! :)

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2018-11-18, 23:48

księżycowy wrote:But yeah, you're good dEhiN. Take your time and get used to the textböok. And please, ask questions so we can help clarify things! :)

ありがとう!

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-11-20, 21:18

So, I haven't forgotten about the whole "break week" idea. I'm just waiting the see if dEhiN does join in, and either way, what pace we go at.

(I sincerely hope he sticks with us! :) But I understand if he doesn't. :( )

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2018-11-21, 20:28

Unfortunately, I've decided to drop out of this group. Check my TAC for the reason why. I'm sorry guys - out of all the languages I'm dropping, this one I'm most sad about. But perhaps sometimes in the future?

Return to “Japanese (日本語)”