German shorthand

Moderator: kevin

h34
Posts: 962
Joined: 2014-12-16, 20:15
Gender: male

German shorthand

Postby h34 » 2018-11-12, 11:15

I thought it could be useful to open a thread devoted to questions (and perhaps resources) on the topic of German shorthand.

langmon
Posts: 608
Joined: 2018-10-23, 17:51
Gender: male

Re: German shorthand

Postby langmon » 2018-11-12, 11:17

h34 wrote:I thought it could be useful to open a thread devoted to questions (and perhaps resources) on the topic of German shorthand.


Not intending to say either of that it would be useful or the opposite, but simply wanting to ask: for what purposes exactly is it still being used? (Native of German asking, because of not having seen people using it too often.)
this is a reboot

h34
Posts: 962
Joined: 2014-12-16, 20:15
Gender: male

Re: German shorthand

Postby h34 » 2018-11-12, 11:31

SomehowGeekyPolyglot wrote:Not intending to say either of that it would be useful or the opposite, but simply wanting to ask: for what purposes exactly is it still being used? (Native of German asking, because of not having seen people using it too often.)

I'm not sure for what purposes it would be used nowadays but the reason why I thought it might make sense to open this thread is that there have been some questions about this topic recently.

langmon
Posts: 608
Joined: 2018-10-23, 17:51
Gender: male

Re: German shorthand

Postby langmon » 2018-11-12, 12:58

h34 wrote:
SomehowGeekyPolyglot wrote:Not intending to say either of that it would be useful or the opposite, but simply wanting to ask: for what purposes exactly is it still being used? (Native of German asking, because of not having seen people using it too often.)

I'm not sure for what purposes it would be used nowadays but the reason why I thought it might make sense to open this thread is that there have been some questions about this topic recently.


Now that explains it rather well, I'd say.
I was also thinking about learning it a long time ago, and while it didn't happen, I fully ACK [*] that it can have its uses, too.

[*] Internet-esque slang, i.e. acknowledge.

If you don't mind me writing in English even in a German-related thread :), just would like to know that I possibly will be able to answer even some of those questions that I wouldn't know their answer yet. Keyword: research :). And about "possibly": writing it that way because of being a person who wouldn't like to break a promise that already has been made. Because of that, I don't make promises too often, but on the other hand, I am very grateful for having been able to do many things without a prior promise.
this is a reboot


Return to “German (Deutsch)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron