Moderator: Forum Administrators
dEhiN wrote:1) Why was there a discussion in FSC 65 about the idea of culling the Used Songs list so that songs could be reused, only to then have Luís' nomination for FSC 66 be called out (whether jokingly or not) as cheating because he nominated a Eurovision song, to the point where he felt he would rather withdraw his nomination? That seems contradictory to me: on the one hand some of us are saying we want to be able to reuse songs from our very own contest, and on the other hand some of us are saying that using a song nominated in some other contest is cheating!
3) Are we going to discuss and decide what was brought up in FSC 65 about keeping a list of previous song nominations? What do the others feel about this? Should we keep things as is and just keep adding the Used Songs thread? Or should we start putting a time limit for when a song could be recycled?
księżycowy wrote:I seriously didn't care. It was a bad joke on my part. Sorry Luís!
dEhiN wrote:Regarding number 1, księżycowy, I remember you mentioning it was a joke. My bringing it up wasn't aimed at you; I was more so blowing off some steam (in part because of number 2).
Luís wrote:It wasn't because of the cheating comments, I took that lightly
dEhiN wrote:Maybe we need to have a poll for number 3 (because we all know we love them so much ), but I'll wait a few days and see if anyone else chimes in. I personally don't care either way either, though I do agree that if we keep going the Used Songs thread will get ridiculously long. It takes a while to load as is because of all the flags. If we do a poll, 4 or 5 possible options I could see, based on what has already been mentioned are:
- keeping the Used Songs thread as is
- getting rid of the thread
- culling the current thread and keeping used songs for 6 months
- culling the current thread and keeping used songs for 1 year
- culling the current thread and keeping used songs for 5 years
księżycowy wrote:I think a poll would be a good idea. I wonder if we should do it in two stages, but either way, I'm down with it.
dEhiN wrote:I'm hoping others besides you, Vijay, and myself are reading this thread. Or perhaps I should start a thread with the poll in the Culture forum?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest