The Anime Thread

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderator:Forum Administrators

md0
Re: The Anime Thread

Postby md0 » 2017-07-30, 18:26

I'm giving Boruto a shot tonight, and so far I'm a little disappointed.
I wasn't following Naruto while that was on; I think I gave up on it before even the first season.
But Boruto looked like "the Naruto universe going through modernisation", and that caught my attention, especially considering how great Legend of Korra was while exploring the same process.

But Boruto so far does nothing with the eroding of the old social classes, and the industrialisation of the fictional universe - they are just background.

But I can't call the anime bad. The characters are way less annoying than what I remember from Naruto, with all that overwhelming angst everyone was feeling - the Boruto characters are much more optimistic (well, that has some historical precedent). I guess I had high hopes from something in the shonen genre.
"If you like your clause structure, you can keep your clause structure"
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)
Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)Elementary Finnish (fi)Netherlands Dutch (nl)

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2017-07-31, 4:37

For some reason I find I'm not that into anime anymore. I have Kill la Kill on my recently watched list on Netflix because a couple of months ago I started it. While I liked it, I haven't touched it for the past two months. I'm not sure if I'm not that interested in anime anymore because I'm currently not studying Japanese, or if I'm just tired of the shonen genre which was pretty much what I watched.
Native: (en-ca)
Active: (fr)(es)(pt-br)(ta-lk)(mi)(sq)(tl)
Inactive: (de)(ja)(yue)(oj)(id)(hu)(pl)(tr)(hi)(zh)(sv)(ko)(no)(it)(haw)(fy)(nl)(nah)(gl)(ro)(cy)(oc)(an)(sr)(en_old)(got)(sux)(grc)(la)(sgn-us)

md0

Postby md0 » 2017-08-03, 14:45

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is a masterpiece.
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)
Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)Elementary Finnish (fi)Netherlands Dutch (nl)

sandrodream

Postby sandrodream » 2017-08-04, 12:26

one of the best japanese anime is Daitarn 3 Robot with italian opening is a masterpiece :-P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VexkXsxMxU&t=93s

sandrodream

Postby sandrodream » 2017-08-04, 12:28

this is the cover of the Daitarn 3 song by an amazing italian female bassist :<3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YRoDM0iehQ

sandrodream

Postby sandrodream » 2017-08-04, 12:31

this is an epic japanese anime about wrestling and the italian opening another epic song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6OC0ClptW4

sandrodream

Postby sandrodream » 2017-08-04, 12:33

and this is the cover of tiger man anime opening by an italian female bassist. she is really amazing with her bass :<3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v59vtUt9dM0

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2017-08-04, 12:36

Let's see, what am I watching at the moment.....
I'm liking the new season of New Game. And GAMERS is quite good too. Aho-Girl is ridiculous, but pretty funny imo. Seems I'm watching a lot of comedy ATM. :P

I started watching Netsuzou Trap out of.... curiosity, but man, it's fucked up. I'm still interested to see how it resolves though, if nothing else.

I keep telling myself to get caught up on Hellgirl Three Vessels so I can watch the new season.

md0

Postby md0 » 2017-08-16, 15:52

So, Fune wo Amu is an anime about lexicography. Sort of. It doesn't really dive into the subject like other 'professional' stories, but it was interesting. Unlike the last series I watched though, Fune wo Amu leaves a lot to be desired, it had more potential than what it ultimately delivered.

There's something it has in common with Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu though: the portrayal of non-romantic love relations.

Osias

Postby Osias » 2017-08-16, 23:53

Just saw on a vlog about Netflix anime releases that Brazil is the country that watch more anime on Netflix.
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2017-08-17, 5:19

Osias wrote:Just saw on a vlog about Netflix anime releases that Brazil is the country that watches more anime on Netflix.
Native: (en-ca)
Active: (fr)(es)(pt-br)(ta-lk)(mi)(sq)(tl)
Inactive: (de)(ja)(yue)(oj)(id)(hu)(pl)(tr)(hi)(zh)(sv)(ko)(no)(it)(haw)(fy)(nl)(nah)(gl)(ro)(cy)(oc)(an)(sr)(en_old)(got)(sux)(grc)(la)(sgn-us)

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2017-08-17, 5:23

dEhiN wrote:
Osias wrote:Just saw on a vlog about Netflix anime releases that Brazil is the country that watches more the most anime on Netflix.

Osias

Postby Osias » 2017-08-17, 10:55

:yep:
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

md0

Postby md0 » 2017-08-31, 15:57

md0 wrote:I'm giving Boruto a shot tonight [...]
But I can't call the anime bad. The characters are way less annoying than what I remember from Naruto, with all that overwhelming angst everyone was feeling [...]

I think I found out what was my problem with Naruto. It was Sasuke's character, who simply radiates angst. In the last few episodes where he became the main focus of Boruto too, the show got so unbearable that I'm basically dropping it.

Lur

Postby Lur » 2017-11-02, 16:34

<update> this summer, Lur has discovered Evangelion exists. As well as several other shows. Lur's mind is seriously blown away. Lur feels like a fan of something, for once. </update>
Geurea dena lapurtzen uzteagatik, geure izaerari uko egiteagatik.

Homine.Sardu

Postby Homine.Sardu » 2017-11-02, 17:12

nothing is better than classics!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPWj_4RtKr0

Lur

Postby Lur » 2017-11-08, 12:36

And now I have seen FLCL (I didn't understand a thing), the OVAs for Little Witch Academia (love it) and the first season of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Osias

Postby Osias » 2017-11-08, 13:19

Lur wrote:And now I have seen FLCL (I didn't understand a thing)
Why not? No subtitles or...?

PS: never saw or even heard about.

Lur

Postby Lur » 2017-11-08, 13:42

Osias wrote:
Lur wrote:And now I have seen FLCL (I didn't understand a thing)
Why not? No subtitles or...?

PS: never saw or even heard about.

Oh, no, it's just really weird and off beat (and they exaggerate it with changes in animation styles and really fast editing of the kind you can usually get away better with in animation). It's essentially a Gainax experiment. :lol:

The music is really good and the animation is nuts. A bunch of really good laughs hidden in there, too.

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2017-11-08, 13:52

I watched FLCL a while ago in English dubs and it confused the fucked out of me. I mean, I got it, but I didn't. :lol:

Return to “Culture”