Saami forum expanding to include Uralic?

Are you in favor of a merger?

No: keep the Saami forum as it is.
6%
Yes: include other minority Uralic languages.
75%
Yes: include other minority Finnic languages.
No votes
Yes: include all Uralic languages on a single forum, including the larger languages (Finnish, Estonian, Hungarian, etc.).
No votes
Other (please comment below)!
19%

Total votes: 16

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Re: Saami forum expanding to include Uralic?

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-03-26, 18:55

Linguaphile wrote:
gothwolf wrote:Yey! We have a merged forum now with a nice flag but without a moderator. ;)

In case there are no volunteers I could take on this responsibility. :blush:

I'm happy to hear you volunteer. I don't know how moderators are chosen, but if you're willing, that certainly sounds good to me.

Usually, to my knowledge, you just PM the mods and ask whether they can make you the mod for this forum. Alternatively, you can have/let someone else ask them for you.

atalarikt

Postby atalarikt » 2018-03-26, 23:19

vijayjohn wrote:
Linguaphile wrote:
gothwolf wrote:Yey! We have a merged forum now with a nice flag but without a moderator. ;)

In case there are no volunteers I could take on this responsibility. :blush:

I'm happy to hear you volunteer. I don't know how moderators are chosen, but if you're willing, that certainly sounds good to me.

Usually, to my knowledge, you just PM the mods and ask whether they can make you the mod for this forum. Alternatively, you can have/let someone else ask them for you.

Some admins may also look for mods by themselves. That's how admins Luís chose me as the Indonesian/Malaysian subforum mod and Aurinĭa chose me as the AAPL subforum mod.
وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ خَلْقُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلَافُ أَلْسِنَتِكُمْ وَأَلْوَانِكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لِلْعَالِمِينَ۝
"And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your languages and your colors. Indeed in that are signs for those of knowledge." (Ar-Rum: 22)

Jika saya salah, mohon diperbaiki. If I make some mistake(s), please correct me.
Forever indebted to Robert A. Blust for his contributions to Austronesian linguistics

Aurinĭa
Forum Administrator

Postby Aurinĭa » 2018-03-26, 23:37

atalarikt wrote:Some admins may also look for mods by themselves. That's how admins Luís chose me as the Indonesian/Malaysian subforum mod and Aurinĭa chose me as the AAPL subforum mod.

Language mods are chosen by consensus, so while an individual language mod may be suggested by a specific admin, they're not chosen by any single person, but by all admins. The admin who asks you whether you'd be interested or tells you your candidacy has been accepted may not be the one to originally suggest you, that's just a matter of who has he time to sort that out at that moment. I'd have to check who first suggested you, but that doesn't matter, as everyone agreed with your nomination. :)

But yes, a PM to the admins is the way to go.

Return to “Uralic Languages”