What is allowed on the forum? Specific question

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

AVaughn
What is allowed on the forum? Specific question

Postby AVaughn » 2022-03-18, 0:38

Hi,

I have a very specific potential purpose for posting on this forum - I understand that this space is all about learning languages... but to be honest, I made an account here for one, very specific thing. I thought I would check if it's allowed, before I make my post.

Someone I know is digitising old tapes with audio recordings - on one of the tapes, there is a Czech song, it played on the radio in the USSR, and was recorded just with a microphone - so I have a full recording of the audio, but i simply don't have a clue what the song is.

Would it be unacceptable for me to post the song in the Czech section of the forum, and ask if anyone can tell me the song, or just a line or two from the lyrics (I could use that to find the song...)

The whole reason i found this forum is because of a music related thread in the Czech subforum, which popped up in the google results.. so I am hoping that what i hope to do will not be too "off topic"? I just don't want to anger people, in case I am breaking a rule.

If anyone is questioning, I just posted a thread about the song on a music forum

(https://www.musicbanter.com/name-tune/9 ... audio.html)

But I realise because the song is not in english, there is no chance anyone there will be able to help me, so i thought a language forum might be much better.

I just feel bad because I don't plan to be an active user, or am interested in learning Czech - so if by those standards, I need to go away and never come back, well.. someone just needs to tell me, and i'll go.

Thanks in advance if anyone reads this!

Aurinĭa
Forum Administrator

Re: What is allowed on the forum? Specific question

Postby Aurinĭa » 2022-03-18, 12:07

That would be fine, go ahead.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2022-03-18, 14:54

Looks like AVaughn already got their answer on the other forum where they posted the question. :)

AVaughn

Postby AVaughn » 2022-03-18, 22:23

Hi all!

Yes... I did actually get a reply on the other forum... I was so not expecting one there - apologies for wasting your guys' time. Although i will say thanks, because from the looks of it, I would have been OK to post the question here, had I not been so lucky on the other forum. So thanks, sincerely! ugh this is a little awkward now, isn't it. Well... i'm really sorry, I should have just chilled out and waited...

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2022-03-18, 23:01

No, you're fine. :) Thanks for the reply, though!

Osias

Postby Osias » 2022-03-19, 0:10

And welcome! Take a time to know the rest of the forum and start to learn Brazilian Portuguese.
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2022-03-19, 1:41

I meant to add, actually, there's someone on this forum who's posted a number of audio recordings in various languages already asking for help identifying the languages, so there is precedent for asking for this sort of thing here.

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”