Embedding Documents

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

księżycowy
Embedding Documents

Postby księżycowy » 2017-12-24, 11:41

I'm curious if we could figure out a way to embed a document from something like Google Docs.

md0

Re: Embedding Documents

Postby md0 » 2017-12-24, 11:48

That will mean enabling IFRAME, and essentially arbitrary HTML, CSS, and Javascript. It's possible, but extremely insecure.

Why not just attach files, or link to external websites?
"If you like your clause structure, you can keep your clause structure"
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)
Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)Elementary Finnish (fi)Netherlands Dutch (nl)

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2017-12-24, 12:34

I suppose I could just give the links. I just thought it would be cool to have them embedded in the post. I could potentially download them and embed a pdf attachment or something, but I like to get them checked for accuracy and such, so editing an embedded pdf would not be quite as easy as an embedded Google Doc.

Anyway, it's certainly not a high priority thing, or even necessary. I was largely just curious. :)

Johanna
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Johanna » 2017-12-29, 1:58

IIRC, you can set a Google Doc to be edited by anyone with a direct link to it, so that's pretty much the same as what you're after, isn't it?

OK, it's not embedded on this forum, but that's a minor detail really.
Swedish (sv) native; English (en) good; Norwegian (no) read fluently, understand well, speak badly; Danish (dk) read fluently, understand badly, can't speak; Faroese (fo) read some, understand a bit, speak a few sentences; German (de) French (fr) Spanish (es) forgetting; heritage language.

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2017-12-29, 2:30

Yes. I can also have it where people can comment or simply view.

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”