Text converters in posts (X-SAMPA and others)

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

księżycowy
Re: Text converters in posts (X-SAMPA and others)

Postby księżycowy » 2017-12-22, 22:49

I see that they still need IPA tags to actually have the circumflex in the right spot, but it works. Thanks! :D

X̂x̂

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2017-12-22, 22:56

księżycowy wrote:I see that they still need IPA tags to actually have the circumflex in the right spot, but it works. Thanks! :D

X̂x̂

They do? :hmm:
Maybe it depends on the browser. It works fine for me, even without the tags.
Quot linguas calles, tot homines vales

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2017-12-22, 23:09

Huh, I never thought to see if it works differently on different browsers. But yeah, on Firefox the circumflexes are off the the right side.

EDIT: And I just tried it with Chrome and same thing.

Bubulus

Postby Bubulus » 2017-12-23, 3:19

Luís wrote:
księżycowy wrote:I see that they still need IPA tags to actually have the circumflex in the right spot, but it works. Thanks! :D

X̂x̂

They do? :hmm:
Maybe it depends on the browser. It works fine for me, even without the tags.

księżycowy wrote:Huh, I never thought to see if it works differently on different browsers. But yeah, on Firefox the circumflexes are off the the right side.

EDIT: And I just tried it with Chrome and same thing.

As I mentioned in the other thread, Windows users have a bad time using UniLang (even those on Windows 10!). It's not the browser, it's the font selection in the CSS. Trebuchet MS is a bad font for a language forum.

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2017-12-23, 8:34

That was pretty much my thought after checking the two browsers. It must be a Windows/font thing. Yay.

Linguaphile

Postby Linguaphile » 2018-04-30, 4:31

kevin wrote:Oh, we have an IPA virtual keyboard in the forum? Nice, I never noticed this. :)

I hadn't found the Virtual Keyboard until now either... .I'm sure I must have seen the words "Show Virtual Keyboard" below the text box before, but I must have just assumed it would be the same as my regular keyboard (because in some other programs I use that is what you get if you bring up a "virtual keyboard") and I never clicked on it to check so I never realized it had extended Latin characters, IPA, Cyrillic... cool!
:doggy:

Luís wrote:
księżycowy wrote:I was just thinking it would be nice to have the x with a circumflex over it for typing Aleut. :P

I mean, we have g circumflex.

X̂ x̂

It's done, have fun! :D

Am I missing it, or is ä not included? If it's not, could it be added? The other vowels with diaeresis/umlaut are listed (ë ï ö ü ÿ) and even double grave ȁ, but I don't see ä. (I suppose it would be asking too much to suggest ǟ, ȭ, ḑ, and ŗ, but ä seems reasonable.)
Sono di continuo a caccia di parole. Descriverei il processo così: Ogni giorno entro in un bosco con un cestino in mano. Trovo le parole tutt'attorno: sugli alberi, nei cespugli, per terra (in realtà: per la strada, durante la conversazioni, mentre leggo). Ne raccolgo quante più possibile. -Jhumpa Lahiri

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2018-05-01, 10:20

Linguaphile wrote:Am I missing it, or is ä not included? If it's not, could it be added? The other vowels with diaeresis/umlaut are listed (ë ï ö ü ÿ) and even double grave ȁ, but I don't see ä. (I suppose it would be asking too much to suggest ǟ, ȭ, ḑ, and ŗ, but ä seems reasonable.)

I've added all of those :D

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-05-01, 11:58

Anyone want to be uber nice and create a Hebrew keyboard with niqqud? :whistle:

Linguaphile

Postby Linguaphile » 2018-05-01, 13:24

Luís wrote:
Linguaphile wrote:Am I missing it, or is ä not included? If it's not, could it be added? The other vowels with diaeresis/umlaut are listed (ë ï ö ü ÿ) and even double grave ȁ, but I don't see ä. (I suppose it would be asking too much to suggest ǟ, ȭ, ḑ, and ŗ, but ä seems reasonable.)

I've added all of those :D

Thank you!
Sono di continuo a caccia di parole. Descriverei il processo così: Ogni giorno entro in un bosco con un cestino in mano. Trovo le parole tutt'attorno: sugli alberi, nei cespugli, per terra (in realtà: per la strada, durante la conversazioni, mentre leggo). Ne raccolgo quante più possibile. -Jhumpa Lahiri

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2018-05-03, 17:46

księżycowy wrote:Anyone want to be uber nice and create a Hebrew keyboard with niqqud? :whistle:

Christmas Hanukkah came early this year :silly:

How do you like the new Hebrew virtual keyboard?

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-05-03, 17:53

It's awesome! The niqqud works really well too. Thanks a bunch Luís! :D

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”