Logging in is annoying

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Expressionism
Logging in is annoying

Postby Expressionism » 2014-02-20, 15:52

This forum is one of the most annoying places to try to log in. In the past, it's happened that even though I'd gotten my password correct on the first try, I'd still be told I'd "exceeded the maximum failed login attempts" and that I'd need to enter the Captcha. Then, entering the same password and the Captcha allowed me to log in.

This wouldn't be so bad if your captchas were so unreadable. Maybe I'm just unlucky with the monitors I've used, but it's really hard to read due to the colours used and the fact that some letters or numbers look so faded against a neon green or bright yellow background (and may end up being tilted).

I really wish you could use a different captcha system, at least. :(

Sorry for the rant, but I just spent a while trying to get the captchas right.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Logging in is annoying

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-02-20, 19:58

Really? Personally, I don't think I've ever had that problem here. Most of the time, I'm just automatically logged in, but lately, I've had to access UniLang via a proxy, and then I do have to log in. I've never had any problems doing that, though.

ceid donn

Postby ceid donn » 2014-02-21, 3:14

I have always run into very annoying problems with logging in if I dont check the option to be logged in automatically with each visit. Unfortunately, every once in a while, I get logged off for some reason, and when I try to log in again, I get an error message that either my username or password isn't correct, despite them being remembered by my browser, and eventually I exceed my number of log-in attempts and then all that highly enjoyable crap with resetting the password follow. It's especially fun when it won't take the password I just got through the reset password email and had just followed the reactivation link to activate. Then I have to keep requesting new passwords until I get a password the system will accept.

Yserenhart

Postby Yserenhart » 2014-02-21, 12:31

What browser(s) and OS(s) do you have this problem with?
Native: Derbyshire English (en-GB)/New Zealand English (en-NZ) Learning: Vlaams (nl-BE)

Levike

Postby Levike » 2014-03-05, 17:29

I would have another thing to say:

Sometimes I'm looking at some a thread and decide that I would like to post
so when I log in, it throws me back to the main page.

Could it be arranged to stay on the same thread after logging in?

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”