Issues and Bugs

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Luís
Forum Administrator
Re: Issues and Bugs

Postby Luís » 2017-08-10, 20:36

vijayjohn wrote:How come the flag for Old French doesn't seem to work? :hmm:

The code for Old French is apparently fr.old, but if you try to use it, instead of getting [ownflag=Old French (fr.old)]http://forum.unilang.org/ext/unilang/languages/styles/all/theme/images/langicons/fr.old.png[/ownflag], you get just the flag of modern France: [flag=Old(??) French]fr.old[/flag]

That should be fixed now. The code has changed to fr_old.
Quot linguas calles, tot homines vales

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2017-08-10, 20:43

It works now! Obrigado, Luís! :)

OldBoring
Language Forum Moderator

Postby OldBoring » 2017-08-12, 11:12

(fr_old)(fr_old)(fr_old)

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2017-08-17, 18:58

Is the flag mark-up broken again? :shock: [flag=] [/flag] does not work any more.

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2017-08-17, 19:14

Have you read this?

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2017-08-17, 19:31

Apparently I didn't, thanks.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2017-08-18, 22:46

Okay, why is it that (almost?) every time I post something, I'm automatically subscribed to the thread I posted in even though I didn't click on "notify me when a reply is posted"?

Actually, how come I can't click on any of the options under "options" below the three buttons for saving a draft, previewing, or submitting?

EDIT: Hmm. I'm finding the same problem on another forum (not being able to select the options). Could it be an issue with Mozilla and phpBB? Or is it just my machine?

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2017-08-18, 23:45

vijayjohn wrote:Okay, why is it that (almost?) every time I post something, I'm automatically subscribed to the thread I posted in even though I didn't click on "notify me when a reply is posted"?

Because by default you're automatically subscribed to any topic you reply to. You can change this by going to Profile -> Board Preferences -> Edit posting defaults and changing Notify me upon replies by default to No.

vijayjohn wrote:Actually, how come I can't click on any of the options under "options" below the three buttons for saving a draft, previewing, or submitting?

EDIT: Hmm. I'm finding the same problem on another forum (not being able to select the options). Could it be an issue with Mozilla and phpBB? Or is it just my machine?

Have you tried with a different browser? I can't say for sure what the problem is, but it seems to be something on your side.

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2017-09-03, 4:04

The Language List link doesn't seem to work. I click on it and all I get is a blank (white) page, not even a 404 error! This is at 04:03 GMT 03 September. Maybe it's just a glitch?
Native: (en-ca)
Active: (fr)(es)(pt-br)(ta-lk)(mi)(sq)(tl)
Inactive: (de)(ja)(yue)(oj)(id)(hu)(pl)(tr)(hi)(zh)(sv)(ko)(no)(it)(haw)(fy)(nl)(nah)(gl)(ro)(cy)(oc)(an)(sr)(en_old)(got)(sux)(grc)(la)(sgn-us)

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2017-09-03, 4:10

Oh, right, I meant to say something about that, too, and forgot! :shock: Thanks!

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2017-09-03, 9:01

Thanks for reporting. It should be fixed now.

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2017-09-04, 3:46

So I'm cleaning up and updating the FSC Used Songs list and I noticed there's a flag code and flag for a language that doesn't appear in the Languages List. The language is Angami, and the code is njm-IN. The flag seems to be just the Indian flag. But if it's a recognized flag, code and language, why isn't it in the Languages List?
Inactive: (de)(ja)(yue)(oj)(id)(hu)(pl)(tr)(hi)(zh)(sv)(ko)(no)(it)(haw)(fy)(nl)(nah)(gl)(ro)(cy)(oc)(an)(sr)(en_old)(got)(sux)(grc)(la)(sgn-us)

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2017-09-04, 4:14

It was never in the Language List, and the code and language are not recognized. It's just that you can put literally anything followed by "-IN" for the language code, and the Indian flag will show up. The same goes for any other country; just use a hyphen followed by the ISO abbreviation for the country, and the country's flag will show up.

Angami is one of various languages spoken in the state of Nagaland in Northeast India (and, like every other language in Nagaland, has no official recognition whatsoever). That's why the person who nominated the song (opipik) used the Indian flag for it. I did the same thing with my Q'eqchi' song in the last FSC, for example, using the Guatemalan flag by adding "-GT" to the end of the code (because Q'eqchi' is a Mayan language spoken mainly in Guatemala and the Q'eqchi' song I nominated was from Guatemala).

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2017-09-04, 4:25

Ok, good to know.

md0

Postby md0 » 2017-09-04, 5:21

Just throwing it out there: Any chance we can get markdown syntax for links in the BBCode? :whistle:
"If you like your clause structure, you can keep your clause structure"
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)
Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)Elementary Finnish (fi)Netherlands Dutch (nl)

proycon
Server Administrator

Postby proycon » 2017-09-21, 16:45

Some of you might have noticed a little bit of downtime today. I have just applied a 3rd party PHP 7 patch for our phpBB 3.1 installation, as the server no longer runs the older PHP 5.6 we were using until today.

Please report any new errors that might arise from this, especially if related to the parsing of BBCodes, hopefully things will be smooth though.
Language is the dress of thought -- Samuel Johnson
my homepage

Bubulus

Postby Bubulus » 2017-09-21, 17:01

proycon wrote:Some of you might have noticed a little bit of downtime today. I have just applied a 3rd party PHP 7 patch for our phpBB 3.1 installation, as the server no longer runs the older PHP 5.6 we were using until today.

Please report any new errors that might arise from this, especially if related to the parsing of BBCodes, hopefully things will be smooth though.

Thank you for still sticking to supporting this site a little bit after all these years, proycon.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2017-09-21, 18:25

I can honestly say proycon has done a lot for this forum over the past few years. now i wanna know in advance before downtime starts because i am the forum junkie and i want my pms back pweeeease pwetty pwease? wahhhh <3 :)

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2017-09-21, 19:51

vijayjohn wrote:i want my pms

I read that as PMS at first! :rotfl:

Johnny51

Re: Issues and Bugs - resource archive offline

Postby Johnny51 » 2017-09-24, 9:54

Hello unilnang team,
I really apprecite your work On this website its very helpful.
Im am trying to learn tagalog and found a course on your website. Unfortunately i can not access the sites anymore, since this week :cry:

Url http://www.unilang.org/course.php?res=79
Coule you pleaase help me, this course helped me a lot to understand tagalog.

Regards
Jny

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”