Issues and Bugs

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Car
Forum Administrator
Re: Issues and Bugs

Postby Car » 2018-04-04, 8:24

Linguaphile wrote:
Luís wrote:Yeah, that was "just" a spam bot being more spammy than usual... :para:

And again right now, about 20 posts (and counting) on the General Language forum....

The user was banned and the posts were moved to the spam forum. Thank you for reporting them, but once is enough. ;)
Please correct my mistakes!

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2018-04-04, 12:58

And there was another one a while ago. I don't know why Chinese spammers suddenly find this forum so appealing... :para:
Quot linguas calles, tot homines vales

Linguaphile

Postby Linguaphile » 2018-05-05, 19:04

I can't get the flag for Komi-Zyrian or Komi-Permyak to work. Am I doing something wrong? It looks like it should work the same way as the Saami flags, which do work fine (for example, (smi-smn)), but for kv-koi and kv-kpv I just get boxes with "missing image" symbols:
(kv-koi)
(kv-kpv)
The general Komi flag (kv) works fine: (kv) but not the two varieties of Komi with three-letter code extensions. So it is not a matter of the kv image being missing, but the kv-koi and kv-kpv codes do not generate it.
Sono di continuo a caccia di parole. Descriverei il processo così: Ogni giorno entro in un bosco con un cestino in mano. Trovo le parole tutt'attorno: sugli alberi, nei cespugli, per terra (in realtà: per la strada, durante la conversazioni, mentre leggo). Ne raccolgo quante più possibile. -Jhumpa Lahiri

h34

Postby h34 » 2018-05-06, 8:21

Linguaphile wrote:I can't get the flag for Komi-Zyrian or Komi-Permyak to work. Am I doing something wrong? It looks like it should work the same way as the Saami flags, which do work fine (for example, (smi-smn)), but for kv-koi and kv-kpv I just get boxes with "missing image" symbols:
(kv-koi)
(kv-kpv)

Thanks for mentioning this! I have the same problem and thought I was doing something wrong. :) It would be great if it worked the same way as it does with the Saami languages or the two varieties of Norwegian ((no-nb) & (no-nn)).

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2018-05-06, 11:23

Linguaphile wrote:I can't get the flag for Komi-Zyrian or Komi-Permyak to work. Am I doing something wrong? It looks like it should work the same way as the Saami flags, which do work fine (for example, (smi-smn)), but for kv-koi and kv-kpv I just get boxes with "missing image" symbols:
(kv-koi)
(kv-kpv)
The general Komi flag (kv) works fine: (kv) but not the two varieties of Komi with three-letter code extensions. So it is not a matter of the kv image being missing, but the kv-koi and kv-kpv codes do not generate it.

Fixed

h34

Postby h34 » 2018-05-06, 12:30

Obrigado!

Linguaphile

Postby Linguaphile » 2018-05-06, 15:27

Luís wrote:
(kv-koi)
(kv-kpv)

Fixed

Thank you!
Sono di continuo a caccia di parole. Descriverei il processo così: Ogni giorno entro in un bosco con un cestino in mano. Trovo le parole tutt'attorno: sugli alberi, nei cespugli, per terra (in realtà: per la strada, durante la conversazioni, mentre leggo). Ne raccolgo quante più possibile. -Jhumpa Lahiri

księżycowy

Language List

Postby księżycowy » 2018-06-09, 19:10

I'd hate to keep asking about the virtual keyboard, but I was wondering if we could add the following characters to the Latin/Roman extended keyboard:

m (with the acute, grave, circumflex, macron accents)
n (with the acute, grave, circumflex and macron accents)
o͘ (with the acute, grave, circumflex, macron and vertical dash accents)
and can I also ask for all of the other vowels to get a vertical dash. Here it is on an <a> for reference: a̍

Thanks in advance! :)

(Basically, I'm trying to fill in the gaps for typing POJ on the forum, because I don't always have access to my IME for Taiwanese.)

Luís
Forum Administrator

Re: Language List

Postby Luís » 2018-06-10, 11:41

księżycowy wrote:I'd hate to keep asking about the virtual keyboard, but I was wondering if we could add the following characters to the Latin/Roman extended keyboard:

m (with the acute, grave, circumflex, macron accents)
n (with the acute, grave, circumflex and macron accents)
o͘ (with the acute, grave, circumflex, macron and vertical dash accents)
and can I also ask for all of the other vowels to get a vertical dash. Here it is on an <a> for reference: a̍

Thanks in advance! :)

(Basically, I'm trying to fill in the gaps for typing POJ on the forum, because I don't always have access to my IME for Taiwanese.)

OK, I added them to the Virtual Keyboard (extended mode).

I couldn't find o͘ with a vertical dash, but I added ǒ͘. I couldn't find any other vowel with a vertical dash besides A̍... are you sure that's used?

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-06-10, 11:54

Quite sure. I think. :P
I'll double check.

Thanks for what you did add, Luís!

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-06-10, 12:18

Yes, the vertical dash is used with all of the vowels in POJ (only <o͘ >tends to be spelled <o> apparently).

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2018-06-10, 12:26

Well, I can't seem to find the Unicode codes for them... :P can you paste them here? (upper and lower case version, if possible)

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-06-10, 12:31

A̍ a̍ E̍ e̍ I̍ i̍ O̍ o̍ U̍ u̍

(I don't know how likely it would be to need to use the upper case forms, but might as well add them just in case. Also, I didn't paste them, I just typed them on my IME for Taiwanese. If you need me to paste them for some reason, just let me know.)

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2018-06-10, 14:07

OK, I've added them :)

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-06-10, 14:48

księżycowy wrote:I just typed them on my IME for Taiwanese.

You have an IME for Pe̍h-ōe-jī? Somehow, I find that funny.

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-06-10, 15:34

No, I have an IME for Taiwanese. Meaning characters, which it selects by way of POJ. It has the added function of being able to type in POJ only too though.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-06-10, 16:06

Didn't know this was a thing. So how do you enter characters like <e̍> using such an IME? :hmm:

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-06-10, 16:15

I'd input eh8 and then delete the h. :P

I can share a link to the IME i use, if you want.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-06-10, 16:19

Nah, it's okay. I usually just use Google Input Tools (and/or Character Map/online keyboards) instead of IMEs tbh. :P

aaakknu
Language Forum Moderator

Postby aaakknu » 2018-08-11, 17:13

If it's not difficult, can you please add formal semantics symbols to the virtual keyboard?
Здайся на Господа у твоїх справах, і задуми твої здійсняться. (Приповідки 16, 3)
TAC 2019

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”