Issues and Bugs

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

IpseDixit
Re: Issues and Bugs

Postby IpseDixit » 2018-12-26, 16:46

Antea wrote:Yeah, it’s annoying :roll:

Report it and the admins will deal with it

Linguaphile

Postby Linguaphile » 2019-01-21, 7:17

This is not a "bug," just a suggestion, but I can't remember if there is a better thread for such things... could these letters be added to the Cyrillic virtual keyboard? About half of them have diaereses so that could be a category (as it is for Latin) or they could all go in the non-Slavic category since they are used in Uralic languages (Kildin Saami, Udmurt, and Mari).

With diaereses
Ӓ ӓ
Ӝ ӝ
Ӟ ӟ
Ӥ ӥ
Ӧ ӧ
Ӱ ӱ
Ӵ ӵ
Ӭ ӭ

Others
Ҋ ҋ
Ӎ ӎ
Ҥ ҥ
Ӈ ӈ
Ҏ ҏ
Ҍ ҍ

Edit: maybe also the ones with macrons - they are used in Mansi and some of them also in Tajik etc.
А̄ а̄
Е̄ е̄
Ё̄ ё̄
Ӣ ӣ
О̄ о̄
Ӯ ӯ
Э̄ э̄
Ю̄ ю̄
Я̄ я̄
Last edited by Linguaphile on 2019-01-21, 7:28, edited 1 time in total.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2019-01-28, 23:53

Linguaphile wrote:could these letters be added to the Cyrillic virtual keyboard?

I think it should be possible, no? I think I remember who created these keyboards.

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2019-01-28, 23:56

I'm half tempted to ask for a Tibetan virtual keyboard.

Linguaphile

Postby Linguaphile » 2019-01-29, 0:09

vijayjohn wrote:
Linguaphile wrote:could these letters be added to the Cyrillic virtual keyboard?

I think it should be possible, no? I think I remember who created these keyboards.

Characters have been added several times, such as the suggestions in this thread and this one. (Back in May we even discovered that ä was missing.) Hebrew was added that way too. It looks like Luís was the one who added them. I don't know how easy it is to do, whether Luís reads the posts here regularly, or if anyone else can do it (etc). Not a big deal if it can't be done. I just suggested it because I know it's been done in the past, and there is already a category for "non-Slavic Cyrillic" but those letters are missing from it. We post in those languages on the Uralic forum sometimes. Cut-and-paste from other sources works too, but it never hurts to ask. :mrgreen:

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2019-01-29, 11:01

Sure, I can do it :) But that'll probably have to wait until the weekend or so (when I'll have more free time)
Quot linguas calles, tot homines vales

Linguaphile

Postby Linguaphile » 2019-01-29, 14:04

Luís wrote:Sure, I can do it :) But that'll probably have to wait until the weekend or so (when I'll have more free time)

Thanks!

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2019-02-02, 12:40

Linguaphile wrote:This is not a "bug," just a suggestion, but I can't remember if there is a better thread for such things... could these letters be added to the Cyrillic virtual keyboard? About half of them have diaereses so that could be a category (as it is for Latin) or they could all go in the non-Slavic category since they are used in Uralic languages (Kildin Saami, Udmurt, and Mari).

With diaereses
Ӓ ӓ
Ӝ ӝ
Ӟ ӟ
Ӥ ӥ
Ӧ ӧ
Ӱ ӱ
Ӵ ӵ
Ӭ ӭ

Others
Ҋ ҋ
Ӎ ӎ
Ҥ ҥ
Ӈ ӈ
Ҏ ҏ
Ҍ ҍ

Edit: maybe also the ones with macrons - they are used in Mansi and some of them also in Tajik etc.
А̄ а̄
Е̄ е̄
Ё̄ ё̄
Ӣ ӣ
О̄ о̄
Ӯ ӯ
Э̄ э̄
Ю̄ ю̄
Я̄ я̄

I've added them. Can you check that everything is OK?

Linguaphile

Postby Linguaphile » 2019-02-02, 15:56

Luís wrote:
Linguaphile wrote:This is not a "bug," just a suggestion, but I can't remember if there is a better thread for such things... could these letters be added to the Cyrillic virtual keyboard? About half of them have diaereses so that could be a category (as it is for Latin) or they could all go in the non-Slavic category since they are used in Uralic languages (Kildin Saami, Udmurt, and Mari).

With diaereses
Ӓ ӓ
Ӝ ӝ
Ӟ ӟ
Ӥ ӥ
Ӧ ӧ
Ӱ ӱ
Ӵ ӵ
Ӭ ӭ

Others
Ҋ ҋ
Ӎ ӎ
Ҥ ҥ
Ӈ ӈ
Ҏ ҏ
Ҍ ҍ

А̄ а̄
Е̄ е̄
Ё̄ ё̄
Ӣ ӣ
О̄ о̄
Ӯ ӯ
Э̄ э̄
Ю̄ ю̄
Я̄ я̄

I've added them. Can you check that everything is OK?

Yes, that looks great! Thank you!

md0

Postby md0 » 2019-02-23, 19:58

PHP Debug output is on and printing a lot of errors.
"If you like your clause structure, you can keep your clause structure"
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)
Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)Elementary Finnish (fi)Netherlands Dutch (nl)

proycon
Server Administrator

Postby proycon » 2019-02-23, 20:12

I'm currently finishing a server migration so there may be some glitches, I think the debug notices should be gone now.
Language is the dress of thought -- Samuel Johnson
my homepage

md0

Postby md0 » 2019-02-24, 6:57

Yes, everything looks fine on my end :waytogo:
"If you like your clause structure, you can keep your clause structure"
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)
Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)Elementary Finnish (fi)Netherlands Dutch (nl)

aaakknu
Language Forum Moderator

Postby aaakknu » 2019-08-30, 0:25

Is it possible to bookmark a post? I want to do it sometimes, because often interesting posts become difficult to find, since they are buried in the lots of new posts, especially in long threads that last for several pages.
Здайся на Господа у твоїх справах, і задуми твої здійсняться. (Приповідки 16, 3)
TAC 2019

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2019-08-30, 1:19

Yes, it is, and I've done it before! If you click on the title of a post (such as "Re: Issues and Bugs" at the top of this post), you'll get the URL for that specific post. If you bookmark that, then when you open it in a browser, it should skip down to that specific post. :)

aaakknu
Language Forum Moderator

Postby aaakknu » 2019-08-30, 1:56

Thank you!
I'll try.
Здайся на Господа у твоїх справах, і задуми твої здійсняться. (Приповідки 16, 3)
TAC 2019

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2019-08-30, 10:20

Yeah, AFAIK there's a forum feature to bookmark a topic, but not a specific post.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2019-08-30, 15:57

The forum feature is only for the topic, but you can still bookmark a specific post. For example, I have this post bookmarked. Notice that if you click on the link, it does not take you to the first page of the topic but rather to one specific post. (I use it to try to review the parts of the epic poem I wrote out there :lol:).

Osias

Postby Osias » 2019-09-23, 11:48

There are a lot of new spam accounts these days. In a forum I can't remember now new users were mandated to post first in the introductions thread before being granted with permission to post elsewhere. I suggest we do something similar here.
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2019-09-23, 14:28

Osias wrote:There are a lot of new spam accounts these days. In a forum I can't remember now new users were mandated to post first in the introductions thread before being granted with permission to post elsewhere. I suggest we do something similar here.

That seems like a good idea.

Another possibility would be expanding the base of users who are allowed to ban spam accounts. Do we even have anyone in the Western Hemisphere who's permitted to do that?
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2019-09-23, 15:57

Osias wrote:There are a lot of new spam accounts these days. In a forum I can't remember now new users were mandated to post first in the introductions thread before being granted with permission to post elsewhere. I suggest we do something similar here.

As a quick fix, I have disabled automatic user registrations. Every new account will have to be manually approved by an admin from now on. That doesn't completely avoid spam users (hard to tell if someone if a spammer by simply looking at their username), but at least new users won't be spamming the forum for hours at times when most moderators aren't around (I hope).

Meanwhile, I'll try to find a better way of dealing with this (your suggestion is a good one), but since that'll probably mean some coding, it's going to take longer...

linguoboy wrote: Do we even have anyone in the Western Hemisphere who's permitted to do that?

JackFrost, although it seems he hasn't been online in over a month. We should probably review the list of forum administrators sometime soon.

All language forum moderators can also remove spam from their respective forums, but not ban users.

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”