Issues and Bugs

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Brzeczyszczykiewicz

Re: Issues and Bugs

Postby Brzeczyszczykiewicz » 2020-04-25, 5:56

I'm so sorry, this was just a blunder, then. :blush:
I wasn't aware you had to be quoted to get a notification. Oh well, that will teach me... :ohwell:

Thanks!
La signature ne fait pas l'utilisateur.

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2020-04-25, 10:43

There are also suppose to be notifications if you are subscribed to a thread. For example, I get notifications anytime some one posts in the Wanderlust thread, but I haven't posted there in a while, let alone been quoted.

Linguaphile

Postby Linguaphile » 2020-04-25, 15:00

Dormouse559 wrote:
Brzeczyszczykiewicz wrote:I've only been around here for a few days, but I've noticed that notifications don't seem to be working properly. I have them "on" for everything, yet whenever someone replies to one of my posts, I get them only like half of the time.

Which replies are you getting notifications for? There's only a notification when someone quotes you (Specifically, when they put your username in the quote tag).

księżycowy wrote:There are also suppose to be notifications if you are subscribed to a thread. For example, I get notifications anytime some one posts in the Wanderlust thread, but I haven't posted there in a while, let alone been quoted.

No, actually any of those (and more) are possible because it depends on your personal settings. Go to the User Control Panel (click on your name in the top right corner and it's one of the options), from there click on the "Board Preferences" tab near the middle under the words "User Control Panel", and the select "Edit Posting Defaults" from the list on the left side. On of the options there is "notify me of replies by default". Select "yes". Now it will automatically notify you when someone replies to a post you previously posted in, even if they don't quote you.

Additionally, if you go to "Edit Notification Options" at the bottom of the list on the left side, that should take you to something that looks like this:

Here you can set your preferred notification methods for the board.

NOTIFICATION TYPE: EMAIL / NOTIFICATIONS
Your topics/posts are approved or disapproved by a moderator ☐ ☐
Someone replies to a topic you have bookmarked ☐ ☐
Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed ☐ ☐
Someone quotes you in a post ☐ ☐
Someone creates a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed ☐ ☐
Someone sends you a private message ☐ ☐

Next to each option, you can check "email" (it will send you an email each time that event happens) or "notifications" (it will make the event appear in your notifications at the top right of the screen when you next visit the board but won't email you) or both (It will email you AND appear in notifications).

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”