Invalid e-mail address (registration trouble)

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

puffluorescence
Invalid e-mail address (registration trouble)

Postby puffluorescence » 2013-01-19, 0:39

Hi everyone! This is my first message on this forum! Since I don't speak english very well I'm pretty sure I'll make a lot of silly mistakes... I'll give a try to explane some trouble I had when I attempted registration.

At first, I inserted a "...@hotmail.it" email in the appropriate field, but it turns this error:
'Invalid email - please use a valid email" or something like that. I consulted the faqs, founding only this answer about registration issues:

Why can’t I register?
It is possible the website owner has banned your IP address or disallowed the username you are attempting to register. The website owner could have also disabled registration to prevent new visitors from signing up. Contact a board administrator for assistance.

Nothing about 'Invalid e-mail'... Mmh, what is an invalid mail to this site? I didn't know what to do, also because I was a guess and I coudn't send messages to other members or open a thread. I also tried contacting an administrator ( at the 'Contact Us' section ) one or two weeks ago, but I received no answers. I tried to register with an other (different of course) hotmail account I have: same error!

So, I convinced a friend of mine to register himself to this site. First time, he inserted a "@hotmail" email and failed. Second time, he used a "...@gmail.com" address and it worked!

Well, at the end, I created a "...@gmail.com" account exclusively for this forum, and I succeded registering! :)

I wonder if a '...@hotmail" it's not allowed; if so, why don't you write it in the faqs (or in the registration page) ? It was very useful (since I succeded by trials and errors!) :)
Last edited by puffluorescence on 2013-01-20, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
[flag]it[/flag]-> native; [flag]nap[/flag]->advanced; [flag]en[/flag]->beginner; [flag]es[/flag]->beginner; [flag]lv[/flag]-> daydreaming;

PLEASE CORRECT MY ENGLISH, SPANISH ...and, if necessary, my italian too!

Jurgen Wullenwever

Re: Invalid e-mail address (registration trouble)

Postby Jurgen Wullenwever » 2013-01-19, 19:30

puffluorescence wrote:At first, I inserted a "...@hotmail.it" email in the appropriate field, but it turn this error:
'Invalid email -

puffluorescence wrote:So, I convinced a friend of mine to register himself to this site. First time, he inserted a "@hotmail" email and failed. Second time, he used a "...@gmail.com" address and it worked!

Well, at the end, I created a "...@gmail.com" account exclusively for this forum, and I succeded registering!

I wonder if a '...@hotmail" it's not allowed; if so, why don't you write it in the faqs (or in the registration page) ? It was very useful (since I succeded by trials and errors!)

I have a "...@hotmail.com"-address linked to from here, and I have never had any trouble, as far as I can remember. Have things changed for newer users?
Chekhov wrote:I don't know about naive worldviews, but Jurgen Wullenwhatever pisses me off to no end because of his extreme pessimism and cynicism. You'd think the world was going to end imminently when talking to that guy.

Jag är rebell: jag sockrar teet, saltar maten, cyklar utan hjälm, och tänder glödlampor.
(Ovanstående var förut, nu försöker jag minska sockret och saltet, och har gett upp mejeriprodukter.)

kibo

Postby kibo » 2013-01-20, 9:36

I removed the ban for "hotmail.it", so now you can change your email address to your default one if you want.

A while ago a troll used to create dozens of accounts with hotmail.it e-mails so it was put under a ban in order to prevent him from doing that anymore. Sorry for the inconvenience. :)
Goals:
[flag=]es[/flag] ➜ C1 (DELE)
[flag=]de[/flag] ➜ B2 (Goethe-Zertifikat) / C1
[flag=]sv[/flag] ➜ B1/B2

puffluorescence

Postby puffluorescence » 2013-01-20, 14:50

Thank you :)
[flag]it[/flag]-> native; [flag]nap[/flag]->advanced; [flag]en[/flag]->beginner; [flag]es[/flag]->beginner; [flag]lv[/flag]-> daydreaming;

PLEASE CORRECT MY ENGLISH, SPANISH ...and, if necessary, my italian too!

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”