Broken exercises - please help!

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2008-02-18, 10:04

I've finally corrected the Russian exercises (actually I had to correct the questions too in several cases).

There's one more note: if an answer is sufficiently long, it doesn't fully fit the input field.

proycon
Server Administrator

Postby proycon » 2008-02-18, 11:14

I think I now finally found and fixed the mistake, the exercises are updated again. The wrong cron script had been running for ages, so only the old resourceindex was updated, instead of the newer sql-based one. Sorry for being so late to find and fix it, this should have been detected long ago :/
Language is the dress of thought -- Samuel Johnson
my homepage

wsz

Postby wsz » 2008-02-18, 18:40

voron wrote:I've finally corrected the Russian exercises (actually I had to correct the questions too in several cases).

proycon wrote:I think I now finally found and fixed the mistake, the exercises are updated again. The wrong cron script had been running for ages, so only the old resourceindex was updated, instead of the newer sql-based one. Sorry for being so late to find and fix it, this should have been detected long ago :/

Thanks, guys :)

voron wrote:There's one more note: if an answer is sufficiently long, it doesn't fully fit the input field.

Thanks. I'll take that into account when I rewrite the exercise centre for the new website.

Liquid

Postby Liquid » 2008-07-15, 10:53

So, do you fix existing excersises or develop now the new one?

I've just found out that http://home.unilang.org/main/exercise.p ... ercise=137 is broken too.
Marcin

Polish - native, Spanish - estudiando todos los dias, English - still trying to speak properly

thomasb

Re: Broken exercises - please help!

Postby thomasb » 2009-10-03, 22:49

Hi,

I was trying to make an exercise for Korean and had some questions. First, I went to the Translation & Development Center and chose the "exercises" category to get here:
ulr2edit.php?type=exercise

Then when I tried to create a new exercise, it asked me to check languages and to add languages if I needed to. I'm confused. I'm trying to make GAP/fill-in-the-blank exercises for learning Korean (target) using English as the source language. I'm not translating anything.
:?: Does it matter which language I add or check off?

I thought that the exercise wouldn't index properly so I did it for English and Korean, i.e. I added Korean and English and checked both, after which I saw two columns for editing, one for each language. I filled in both with the same exercise.
:?: Did I have to do this? or would it have indexed properly even if I just edited under English?

:?: I don't see the exercises in the index (here: resources.php?category=interactive) Will it take long for them to show up there? From reading this thread it seems like the problem with the indexing was fixed, but I can't find my exercise :( ... I would like to at least try it myself to see if it works.

I accidentally created two exercises with slightly different names.
:?: Is there a way to delete an exercise? The exercise I made was called "Korean Vocab. I" The one I want deleted is called "Korean Basic Vocabulary I"

Thanks! :)

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”