Ready for work

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Sarah
Ready for work

Postby Sarah » 2003-05-26, 14:58

Okay guys, I'm working on our Babel Babble, but in order to do that I need articles, I'm shooting for August to be our big opening, but if I get enough response we'll make it July. I'm working on the contract, or code of conduct, basically saying members won't plagarize. If you like I can post that once I'm done. I'll tell you where to send articles once I secure an email specifically for that. Thanks guys, I'm excited.

Sou

Postby Sou » 2003-05-26, 15:30

Yay!
Sous l'ombre de Bouddha, je prends refuge.
Sous l'ombre de Dharma, je prends refuge.
Sous l'ombre de Sangha, je prends refuge.

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 2003-05-26, 16:03

YAY! is right....

Okay as requested. Here's the email to post or send your article, questions, desires, whatever information needed or associated with Babel Babble. yourbabble@hotmail.com Thanks guys!

E}{pugnator

Postby E}{pugnator » 2003-05-26, 16:29

OMG!!!
Learning Georgian, Mandarin Chinese, Russian and Papiamentu from scratch. Trying to brush up my Norwegian up to an advanced level.

NulNuk

Postby NulNuk » 2003-05-26, 16:38

wouldnt be better to use a place like Yahoo for the E-mail ,Hotmail box
is too small ,Yahoo larger ,and make the same things :0}
allso Hotmail is more spamed thatn Yahoo .
Every thing I write, wrote, or will write, its in my own opinion, for I have no other.
Release me from the duty of being polite and remind you, "I made use of my own brain".

Sarah

yahoo vs. Hotmail

Postby Sarah » 2003-05-26, 17:12

Thanks for the advice, but I have both hotmail and yahoo. And hotmail is easier for me to access away from my computer. Don't worry about the spam, I'll deal with it. :wink:

E}{pugnator

Postby E}{pugnator » 2003-05-27, 18:45

Sarah, I sent you through e-mail a "preview about (and listing) the subjects I'm gonna talk about, don't know how to call this in English, but in Brazil we call "pauta" the group of subjects the journalist receives from the editor and that he has to cover by researching, interviewing people and then publish (how do you call this, did you understand what I mean?). That's what i'm sending you.
Learning Georgian, Mandarin Chinese, Russian and Papiamentu from scratch. Trying to brush up my Norwegian up to an advanced level.

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 2003-05-28, 1:53

Yeah, I understand. Yes I recieved it, and I must say you are most helpful and you have great ideas.
As for what we would call it, I'm thinking "beat" but the nuance doesn't exactly fit. What a school newspaper uses, and a professional newspaper are I'm sure filled with different jargon. I have a final tomorrow, and then I'll be back to work. My boyfriend comes home from England, first time I will see him for the past 8 months, so I will be gone tomorrow. But leave your questions I will be back thursday. Thanks

Zoroa

Postby Zoroa » 2003-05-29, 11:32

I am ready to write any article(s) you need. Tell me what you'd like the content to be and I'll do it !

Zoroa ;)
Deviens qui tu es !
Nietzsche "Ainsi parlait Zarathoustra"

Abavagada

Postby Abavagada » 2003-06-01, 23:44

I would like to be doing at least 3 parts in the magazine:

some news stories, and special interest stories
a book review section, for language books
linquist profiles

other sections that were in the original which are ideas are:
site reviews, obscure language writeups, conlang writeups, "fun pages", editor editorial [which is usually a short segment written by the editor in chief], community news, and any special articles on languages. I also did a travelog in the first issue of a trip.
An announcement section would be good.
We were also talking about a monthly award for sites outside of language, and doing a monthly column on that site to officialize the award

Well, these are just a few ideas

Erik / Aba
"Internet killed the video star. Telepathy killed the internet star." - Men Without Hats
Parleremo - Where Languages Live! http://www.parleremo.org

Abavagada

Postby Abavagada » 2003-06-15, 16:57

Sarah wrote:I have a final tomorrow, and then I'll be back to work. My boyfriend comes home from England, first time I will see him for the past 8 months, so I will be gone tomorrow. But leave your questions I will be back thursday. Thanks

Not to be a nag, but it's now mid-June, and several people are eager to go. Do you have anything for us to start with?

Erik / Aba
"Internet killed the video star. Telepathy killed the internet star." - Men Without Hats
Parleremo - Where Languages Live! http://www.parleremo.org

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”