Issues and Bugs

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

md0
Re: Issues and Bugs

Postby md0 » 2021-05-27, 15:59

proycon wrote:
md0 wrote:
proycon wrote:On that topic :)
Twice I tried to reach you over Jabber/XMPP for something related to your FoLiA project, is this a messenger you no longer use?

Oh? That should still work, at least I still connect to it. But hardly anybody uses it anymore to... perhaps I should do an extra check if it isn't broken then :)

Maybe your server or client is modified to only accept messages from whitelisted contacts, since you always appears off-line for me. In any case, I can try any of the other messengers when I return to corpus work again, it's been a while since I moved away from that project :)
"If you like your clause structure, you can keep your clause structure"
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)
Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)Elementary Finnish (fi)Netherlands Dutch (nl)

Yasna

Postby Yasna » 2022-03-29, 20:47

My question to the administrators was deleted with no explanation whatsoever. Why?
Ein Buch muß die Axt sein für das gefrorene Meer in uns. - Kafka

Aurinĭa
Forum Administrator

Postby Aurinĭa » 2022-03-30, 11:26

It was moved out of sight for consideration by the admin team.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2022-08-09, 16:23

Two days since a bot spammed the forum with a load of off-topic commercial links and not one of them has been removed? Man, this really is a dying group.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Naava
Forum Administrator

Postby Naava » 2022-08-09, 18:06

linguoboy wrote:Two days since a bot spammed the forum with a load of off-topic commercial links and not one of them has been removed? Man, this really is a dying group.

Could you give a link to one of them? I tried looking around the forum and the spammer's profile, but I couldn't find anything. To me it looks like they were all removed on the same day they were posted*, but maybe there are still some hiding in the forum. :hmm:

*posted in the morning, removed in the evening

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2022-08-09, 19:01

Naava wrote:
linguoboy wrote:Two days since a bot spammed the forum with a load of off-topic commercial links and not one of them has been removed? Man, this really is a dying group.

Could you give a link to one of them? I tried looking around the forum and the spammer's profile, but I couldn't find anything. To me it looks like they were all removed on the same day they were posted*, but maybe there are still some hiding in the forum.

My bad. They are still showing up in my notifications but you're right that they've all since been removed from the threads. (I checked the threads several times the day they appeared and was surprised how long they stayed up.)
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

aaakknu
Language Forum Moderator

Postby aaakknu » 2022-12-31, 20:40

How do make certain post visible only to members? I forgot how to do it.
Здайся на Господа у твоїх справах, і задуми твої здійсняться. (Приповідки 16, 3)
TAC 2019

Naava
Forum Administrator

Postby Naava » 2022-12-31, 21:13

It's the lock symbol next to the spoiler triangle (the same row where you have the font menu). You could also write it manually:

Code: Select all

[hidden]WRITE THE TEXT YOU WANT TO HIDE HERE[/hidden]

It should work like this:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

aaakknu
Language Forum Moderator

Postby aaakknu » 2023-01-01, 21:06

Thank you!
Здайся на Господа у твоїх справах, і задуми твої здійсняться. (Приповідки 16, 3)
TAC 2019

Linguaphile

Postby Linguaphile » 2023-04-06, 13:39

I used to get an email when someone replied to a thread I had posted in. Now I still get a notification when I come to this site, but I no longer get the email notification. Is it the same for others? (You would only get the emails if you had that in your subscription settings, so I'm specifically asking anyone who used to get those emails - have you stopped getting them?)
Sono di continuo a caccia di parole. Descriverei il processo così: Ogni giorno entro in un bosco con un cestino in mano. Trovo le parole tutt'attorno: sugli alberi, nei cespugli, per terra (in realtà: per la strada, durante la conversazioni, mentre leggo). Ne raccolgo quante più possibile. -Jhumpa Lahiri

Osias

Postby Osias » 2023-04-07, 23:51

E-mail notifications never were reliable. In any site or system. Maybe unilang just gave up.
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

Linguaphile

Postby Linguaphile » 2023-04-08, 1:12

Osias wrote:E-mail notifications never were reliable. In any site or system. Maybe unilang just gave up.

Maybe. They'd always worked for me here until a few weeks ago though.
Sono di continuo a caccia di parole. Descriverei il processo così: Ogni giorno entro in un bosco con un cestino in mano. Trovo le parole tutt'attorno: sugli alberi, nei cespugli, per terra (in realtà: per la strada, durante la conversazioni, mentre leggo). Ne raccolgo quante più possibile. -Jhumpa Lahiri

Linguaphile

Postby Linguaphile » 2024-02-07, 17:10

Linguaphile wrote:I used to get an email when someone replied to a thread I had posted in. Now I still get a notification when I come to this site, but I no longer get the email notification. Is it the same for others? (You would only get the emails if you had that in your subscription settings, so I'm specifically asking anyone who used to get those emails - have you stopped getting them?)

I started to post this in the "Random Happiness Thread", but I think it will make more sense here. A few days ago I started getting email notifications again. Yay! I don't know if someone made a change or it just started up again on its own, but if someone made that happen, thank you!

proycon
Server Administrator

Postby proycon » 2024-02-07, 17:59

I fixed the mail notifications indeed (they accidentally got broken in the last migration).
Language is the dress of thought -- Samuel Johnson
my homepage

Linguaphile

Postby Linguaphile » 2024-02-07, 18:46

proycon wrote:I fixed the mail notifications indeed (they accidentally got broken in the last migration).

Thank you!

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”