Missing old features

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Liisi

Missing old features

Postby Liisi » 2022-05-12, 20:24

Visiting this forum again after 15 years of inactivity brought back some memories and a couple of questions.

I found an old thread of our 2006 meetup in Helsinki. I took pics at the meetup and posted in the thread, and mentioned posting them "in the gallery too". Now I have no recollection of said "gallery" but it sounds like it was on the Unilang website, if not part of the forum. I wonder if it still exists, I couldn't find it? The pics in the thread are broken, would've loved to see.

Another memory from the mid 00s is the Unilang irc chat! Besides the general channel, I remember Sauna for Finnish practice and Russian Cafe for Russian practice. It was a lot of fun, but probably doesn't exist anymore and in that case I suppose we don't have enough people for it now?
I appreciate corrections to my mistakes in any language.

Car
Forum Administrator

Re: Missing old features

Postby Car » 2022-05-13, 9:51

Now that you mention it, I think I vaguely remember a gallery, but not as part of the forum. No idea when we got rid of it, though.
There are some other places where people communicate, e.g. on Discord.
Please correct my mistakes!

Liisi

Postby Liisi » 2022-05-13, 12:53

We probably didn't use the gallery very much. Just for meetup pics I guess, and to show how you look like.

Johanna
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Johanna » 2022-05-15, 7:50

The gallery must have been taken down together with the rest of the website that wasn't the forum. Was that about ten years ago maybe?
Swedish (sv) native; English (en) good; Norwegian (no) read fluently, understand well, speak badly; Danish (dk) read fluently, understand badly, can't speak; Faroese (fo) read some, understand a bit, speak a few sentences; German (de) French (fr) Spanish (es) forgetting; heritage language.

Liisi

Postby Liisi » 2022-05-15, 21:27

Ah I did have a feeling the whole website was bigger. Can't remember what exactly we had. Oh well.

Osias

Postby Osias » 2022-05-15, 23:45

Liisi wrote:Visiting this forum again after 15 years of inactivity brought back some memories and a couple of questions.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

Liisi

Postby Liisi » 2022-05-19, 13:52

Osias wrote:
Liisi wrote:Visiting this forum again after 15 years of inactivity brought back some memories and a couple of questions.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Haha I'm surprised to see this forum is still (somewhat) alive, I have changed more myself! :D

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”