Possible Issues of editing a post on a cell phone

This forum is for discussing the ongoing and future projects and resources of UniLang. Please post your comments, criticism and ideas here. We are always trying to expand on things members find useful, helpful, or fun! This is also the place to report errors in systems and resources on the UniLang site.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

azhong
Possible Issues of editing a post on a cell phone

Postby azhong » 2021-12-21, 4:04

To begin with, I thank the team members building and maintaining the forum, and then thank anyone providing their any help to anyone learning languages here. The people I've met here are very friendly and quite helpful to me.

Now I often edit my posts on the cellphone, and thus I am wondering if my experiences is helpful to improve the editing layout if that's also some UnilLangers' habits. One issue I've met, for example, is that I have to silde up and down a lot when striking icons.

I was about to suggest if it's possible to hide the similes so that I can slide a shorter distance and access easier the [b] tag, for example, or [i] , [s] etc. Then, later I have another idea: is it possible to have another copy of the whole icon table at the bottom of the layout?

However, I know it might take time and effort to apply even a small modification, and also, maybe most UniLangers don't take this as an issue. So, this is just a friendly suggestion and I don't mind at all if you finally decide to ignore it. I decided to create this issue as a new topic just because I guess the usage of a cellphone might have become a mainstream.

Again, I want to express my appreciation, especially to those whose names are in color and whom I've never interacted with. Thank you for your contributions. And merry Christmas to whoever reads this.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Possible Issues of editing a post on a cell phone

Postby vijayjohn » 2022-01-13, 17:11

I might be wrong, but I suspect the issue is with the software used to make this forum, so these are issues that couldn't be solved unless the whole forum was remade from scratch.

azhong

Postby azhong » 2022-01-15, 13:54

Okay, got it, and it's highly possible. I can also edit my post on my computer, anyway.

Thanks for telling me.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2022-01-16, 7:18

Yes, there are a number of issues with using UniLang because of the software, especially on cell phones. People have pointed out such issues before, though I don't think they ever pointed out this specific one.

azhong

Postby azhong » 2022-01-16, 8:19

If editing a post on a computer but not on the cellphone, I personally think it is convenient and... what's that word?...sustinct succinct (esp when considering I didn't pay at all. :D )

Who are financially supporting this website for these long years? May I know who I should thank to if it's not too private?

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2022-01-16, 15:59

proycon is the one who runs the server. From what I recall, he generally doesn't show up unless he has to fix something with the forum that no one else can.

azhong

Postby azhong » 2022-01-17, 0:55

I see. Thank you for the info and I'll PM proycon to express my personal appreciation.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2022-01-23, 2:28

I'm sure he appreciates it! :)

Return to “Unilang - Information, Input, and Questions”