Papagenish Morphology

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators: Ashucky, Dormouse559

Julian

Papagenish Morphology

Postby Julian » 2005-08-12, 14:22

I'd like to know one or two things about

1)the borrowings in Papagenish. Are we going to accept any outsider word, or do have to "papagenish" the words we don't have in our language.

2)do have to agglutinate the prepostions (and I am doing so cos I am a boaster)?

3)What kind of ending shall we use for the genitive-plurale 7th tone?

Malcolm

Re: Morphology

Postby Malcolm » 2005-08-12, 14:50

Julian wrote:I'd like to know one or two things about

1)the borrowings in Papagenish. Are we going to accept any outsider word, or do have to "papagenish" the words we don't have in our language.

2)do have to agglutinate the prepostions (and I am doing so cos I am a boaster)?

3)What kind of ending shall we use for the genitive-plurale 7th tone?

well to answer briefly :

1) We shall invent words as much as we can, and when we run out of imagination, borrow our words from Allun.

2)Not really. It will depend on the context and how close u are to the person u're talking to. One will tend to use prepositions in a formal context.

3)well... I think Zoroa will answer this.

Julian

Postby Julian » 2005-08-12, 14:58

Borrow words from Allun??? Are you nut??
Do Pepsi Cola get their ideas from Coca Cola???

I sincerly think that being between 1.02 and 1.89 meter from the person really allows you to use an agglutinating syntax.
But what about the Internet talking? This doesn't fit with distance. And I guess an agglunating structure would:

-not be original
-look like copying Allun.

Malcolm

Postby Malcolm » 2005-08-12, 15:23

Julian wrote:I sincerly think that being between 1.02 and 1.89 meter from the person really allows you to use an agglutinating syntax.

I didn't mean close in distance... I meant, close like a friend, a relative, or on the other hand your boss or Jacques Chirac!

Return to “Conlangs”