My numbers - If you're interested

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators: Ashucky, Dormouse559

User avatar
Strigo
Posts: 4724
Joined: 2002-12-27, 13:16
Real Name: Carlos Reyes Barría
Gender: male
Location: La Florida
Country: CL Chile (Chile)
Contact:

My numbers - If you're interested

Postby Strigo » 2005-07-25, 21:14

Hello everybody!

I'm making a conlang and these are the numbers. Some people might say it looks like Estonian. :D
Comments are welcome, and this is just the beginning.
So contribute! :D


Suffixes
"iga double
"vad triple
"ena 10 times
"ole 100 times
"elt 10 times (50,60…)
"ikë 100000 numbers (0-9)

0 mula
1 kine
2 epu
3 küla
4 melm
5 kino
6 kaju
7 relek
8 pura
9 als
10 deks


11 huk
12 iskaj
13 kimsa
14 tağa
15 pića
16 sota
17 ganki
18 pusak
19 unka


20 deksiga
21 deksigakine
22 huksiga
23 deksigaküla
24 iskaiga
25 deksigakino
26 tağiga
27 deksigarelek
28 kimsiga
29 deksigals
30 pićiga

42 melmenepu
43 melmenaküla
44 melmenad
45 melmenakino
50 kinena
55 kined
60 kajena
65 kajenakino
70 relekena
75 relekenakino
80 purena
85 purenakino
90 alsena
95 alsenakino
100 deksena

31 deksigahuk
32 sotiga
33 deksigakimsa
34 gankiga
35 deksigapića
36 pusakiga
37 deksigaganki
38 unkiga
39 deksigunka
40 melmena
41 melmenakine




455768 melmikëkinedsuirelekeneltkajenapura
Aquí es donde traduzco diariamente música israelí del hebreo al español

[flag]cl[/flag] native; [flag]en[/flag] fluent; [flag]il[/flag] lower advanced ; [flag]pt-BR[/flag] read fluently, understand well, speak not so badly (specially after some Itaipava); recently focusing on [flag]sv[/flag][flag]ar[/flag] and I promised myself to finish my [flag]ru[/flag] New Penguin Russian Course: A Complete Course for Beginners in less than a month (12/oct/2013). Wants to wake up one day speaking [flag]ka[/flag][flag]lt[/flag] and any Turkic language.

User avatar
Egein
Posts: 4382
Joined: 2004-08-15, 21:56
Real Name: Étienne Poisson
Gender: male
Location: Í útlöndum
Country: CA Canada (Canada)
Contact:

Postby Egein » 2005-07-25, 21:41

Well Just when I start thinking estonian really is a sexy language!
How can we contribute!
(is)(fi)
Nouse pois nokinen poika / nokiselta nuotiolta / havuisilta vuoteilta /pihkaisilta pään aloilta
www.flickr.com/otsebmi

User avatar
Strigo
Posts: 4724
Joined: 2002-12-27, 13:16
Real Name: Carlos Reyes Barría
Gender: male
Location: La Florida
Country: CL Chile (Chile)
Contact:

Postby Strigo » 2005-07-25, 22:14

Egein wrote:Well Just when I start thinking estonian really is a sexy language!
How can we contribute!


Comments are welcome :)
Aquí es donde traduzco diariamente música israelí del hebreo al español

[flag]cl[/flag] native; [flag]en[/flag] fluent; [flag]il[/flag] lower advanced ; [flag]pt-BR[/flag] read fluently, understand well, speak not so badly (specially after some Itaipava); recently focusing on [flag]sv[/flag][flag]ar[/flag] and I promised myself to finish my [flag]ru[/flag] New Penguin Russian Course: A Complete Course for Beginners in less than a month (12/oct/2013). Wants to wake up one day speaking [flag]ka[/flag][flag]lt[/flag] and any Turkic language.

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2004-02-16, 20:37
Real Name: Malcolm Fraser
Gender: male
Location: Reykjavik
Country: IS Iceland (Ísland)

Postby Malcolm » 2005-07-26, 20:39

Strigo wrote:
Egein wrote:Well Just when I start thinking estonian really is a sexy language!
How can we contribute!


Comments are welcome :)

No offense meant, why such a complicated way of counting? Looks a bit f*cked up to me...
I insist on no offense meant ;)

User avatar
Strigo
Posts: 4724
Joined: 2002-12-27, 13:16
Real Name: Carlos Reyes Barría
Gender: male
Location: La Florida
Country: CL Chile (Chile)
Contact:

Postby Strigo » 2005-07-26, 20:55

Malcolm wrote:
Strigo wrote:
Egein wrote:Well Just when I start thinking estonian really is a sexy language!
How can we contribute!


Comments are welcome :)

No offense meant, why such a complicated way of counting? Looks a bit f*cked up to me...
I insist on no offense meant ;)


Lol, not offended. I just wanted to make something more special since it's a conlang. :D It is complicated I know... but :D anyway...I have no intentions on teaching it so I try to use my imagination. :D
Aquí es donde traduzco diariamente música israelí del hebreo al español

[flag]cl[/flag] native; [flag]en[/flag] fluent; [flag]il[/flag] lower advanced ; [flag]pt-BR[/flag] read fluently, understand well, speak not so badly (specially after some Itaipava); recently focusing on [flag]sv[/flag][flag]ar[/flag] and I promised myself to finish my [flag]ru[/flag] New Penguin Russian Course: A Complete Course for Beginners in less than a month (12/oct/2013). Wants to wake up one day speaking [flag]ka[/flag][flag]lt[/flag] and any Turkic language.

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2004-02-16, 20:37
Real Name: Malcolm Fraser
Gender: male
Location: Reykjavik
Country: IS Iceland (Ísland)

Postby Malcolm » 2005-07-26, 21:13

Strigo wrote:
Lol, not offended. I just wanted to make something more special since it's a conlang. :D It is complicated I know... but :D anyway...I have no intentions on teaching it so I try to use my imagination. :D

To me, learning numbers is one of the most difficult thing in a language. I always think "ah yeah, whatever, it's only a few figures, i'll do that later" and i never do it in the end ;)
But that's is above my imagination.. I mean, do you remember the words yourself?

User avatar
Strigo
Posts: 4724
Joined: 2002-12-27, 13:16
Real Name: Carlos Reyes Barría
Gender: male
Location: La Florida
Country: CL Chile (Chile)
Contact:

Postby Strigo » 2005-07-27, 2:30

Malcolm wrote:
Strigo wrote:
Lol, not offended. I just wanted to make something more special since it's a conlang. :D It is complicated I know... but :D anyway...I have no intentions on teaching it so I try to use my imagination. :D

To me, learning numbers is one of the most difficult thing in a language. I always think "ah yeah, whatever, it's only a few figures, i'll do that later" and i never do it in the end ;)
But that's is above my imagination.. I mean, do you remember the words yourself?


I have a pretty good memory concerning words :D Yes. And it si really hard, for example, when I saw French numbers, they were astonishing! quatre-vingt... that's beyond my limits. :D But I got used to them.
Aquí es donde traduzco diariamente música israelí del hebreo al español

[flag]cl[/flag] native; [flag]en[/flag] fluent; [flag]il[/flag] lower advanced ; [flag]pt-BR[/flag] read fluently, understand well, speak not so badly (specially after some Itaipava); recently focusing on [flag]sv[/flag][flag]ar[/flag] and I promised myself to finish my [flag]ru[/flag] New Penguin Russian Course: A Complete Course for Beginners in less than a month (12/oct/2013). Wants to wake up one day speaking [flag]ka[/flag][flag]lt[/flag] and any Turkic language.

User avatar
Yeva Agetuya
Posts: 16
Joined: 2005-07-27, 1:54
Real Name: Yeva Agetuya
Gender: male
Location: FR
Country: FR France (France)
Contact:

Re: [ CONLANGS ] My numbers [ CONLANGS ] If you're intereste

Postby Yeva Agetuya » 2005-07-27, 2:55

Strigo wrote:Suffixes
"iga double
"vad triple
"ena 10 times
"ole 100 times
"elt 10 times (50,60…)
"ikë 100000


I am sorry but this is very few natural.

You can use vicesimal system but the ordinary way in counting is usind addition and multiplication.

I see you made 11-19 as primary roots but you forgot a root for 20 : is your system 19-based ? :roll:

You have to make 22 as "20-2" and 40 as "2-20" like in many languages, isn't it ?


Return to “Conlangs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest