New international language?

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators:Ashucky, Dormouse559

yushang2
New international language?

Postby yushang2 » 2017-10-08, 17:08

I have many friends in China and Japan who have huge trouble learning english.
I tried to do a little experimenting to find some language that we could all learn easily (since we are all huge language nerds) and I stumbeled across esperanto. Esperantos grammar is extremely simple, but its pronounciation system is not exactly universal. Sure it is easy for the speakers of european languages, but it really does not help in this situation. Immediately I thought of creating my own conlang that would have a truly universal and easy pronounciation, but I just wanted to know if somebody already had invented a solution. Thank you

IpseDixit

Re: New international language?

Postby IpseDixit » 2017-10-12, 18:35

There's plenty of international auxlangs, I don't know how many of them are complete enough to speak them though. Plus, I'm not sure what you mean by "but its pronunciation is not exactly universal", I don't think there's any auxlang with a "universal pronunciation", whatever that means. Although this is easily fixable since you and your friends could decide what your personal pronunciation is going to be.

Zé do Rock

Re: New international language?

Postby Zé do Rock » 2018-02-01, 11:21

yushang2 wrote:I have many friends in China and Japan who have huge trouble learning english.
I tried to do a little experimenting to find some language that we could all learn easily (since we are all huge language nerds) and I stumbeled across esperanto. Esperantos grammar is extremely simple, but its pronounciation system is not exactly universal. Sure it is easy for the speakers of european languages, but it really does not help in this situation. Immediately I thought of creating my own conlang that would have a truly universal and easy pronounciation, but I just wanted to know if somebody already had invented a solution. Thank you

(koy)volapük no tem R, porque o criador dele pensava que o chinês no tem R. manche linguas haben kaine stimmhafte konsonanten, dann müsste man B, D, G, J, V, Z rausnehmen. les anglis ne peuvent pas dire un /e/ pur, /E/ seulement avant consonne. la finlandeses solo tienen F en palabras estrangeras, y yo no sa si pueden decirlo correctamente. os franceses e italianos no tem H, certamente existem linguas que no tem K, etc etc etc. am ende blaiben fillaicht nur 3 vocale, A, I, U:

(en)volapük doesnt have R, because its creator thaught that chinese doesnt have R. some languages dont have voiced consonants, so we'd have to take B, D, G, J, V, Z off. the english cant say a pure /e/, and (open) /E/ only befor consonants, but if thare are no consonants... the finnish just have F in foreign words, so i dont know if they pronounce it "correctly". the franch and the italians dont hav an H, certainly thare ar languages that dont hav K, etc etc etc. in the end, maybe thare ar only 3 vowels left, A, I, U:

a iua ui aiai uiaiuiaiuiu uai iau?
iu iaiuiaiaiui iaiau!

Return to “Conlangs”