Course For Your Conlang

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators:Ashucky, Dormouse559

Tomii515
Course For Your Conlang

Postby Tomii515 » 2016-03-25, 11:45

Hi guys,

Do any of you use any programs or anything for your conlang to create a course? I've been wondering what it'd be like to make a course for my conlang in duolingo's format.

I read online some people have used memrise instead to do something similar, so I thought I'd give it a go, too, trying to emulate how duolingo does it. I think it's coming out pretty well so far, even though it's really basic. Has anyone ever tried this method or any other methods?

Here's the link to my course if you want to check it out at all: http://www.memrise.com/course/1037198/dosari-4/. I only have 3 lessons, which doesn't cover a lot. But it has multiple sentences and audio, and I tried to copy how duolingo might go about it as much as I could.

Let me know what you think or what you guys have done!
[flag=]en-us[/flag][flag=]fr[/flag][flag=]ja[/flag][flag=]ko[/flag][flag=]zh[/flag]

Losam

Re: Course For Your Conlang

Postby Losam » 2016-03-27, 15:09

Hello! How's going?

So, I'm using LibreOffice to write my conlang's basic grammar book . Also, I want to create a intermediate and advanced grammar book. Besides that, I'll create an dictionary of: common dictionary, slang, antonyms, synonyms and idioms/expressions. To finish, I'll create 3 books of vocabulary (basic, intermediate and advanced). Maybe after that I'll put this material in PDF online and make a course.

Tomii515

Postby Tomii515 » 2016-03-27, 18:14

Hi, I'm good, thanks!

Yeah, I usually just have a stack of hand written notes and some word documents with stuff, but I'm not as organized. I'd like to eventually do something similar as well one day.

I wanted to really "learn" my conlang as I come up with new things, so I thought the course that is similar to duolingo could be a fun way to do that. Some other people I've heard from said Quizlet could be a good resource to do a course as well.
[flag=]en-us[/flag][flag=]fr[/flag][flag=]ja[/flag][flag=]ko[/flag][flag=]zh[/flag]

Losam

Postby Losam » 2016-03-27, 18:51

I think when you are in the process of create an language, you can learn easily than other language (an nature language). I want to make a course too (also a lot of good resources), but first of all, my conlang need to be useful. I mean: easily to understand, pronounce, practice and so on.
Good luck and don't give up! :D

RubyH

Postby RubyH » 2016-04-06, 9:38

Losam wrote:I think when you are in the process of create an language, you can learn easily than other language (an nature language). I want to make a course too (also a lot of good resources), but first of all, my conlang need to be useful. I mean: easily to understand, pronounce, practice and so on.
Good luck and don't give up! :D

Well I want to be reasonably complete, but I think before i'd publish anything i'd want to go threw it privately with someone[you know so someone else already speaks the language], and maybe make two or three different ‘dialects’.
maybe one could decide make a linguist think it's an obscure natural language.

Losam

Postby Losam » 2016-04-23, 13:17

Rubyh, can you explain? For example: You prefer to make your conlang and practice with someone in private before to make this public?

Cubix

Postby Cubix » 2016-06-29, 13:08

Good idea, I'll use memrise to teach my conlang ! Thanks.
Langue maternelle : [flag=]fr[/flag]
Fluently spoken : [flag=]en[/flag]
Ich kann ein bisschen sprechen : [flag=]de[/flag]
Kaj esperanto mojosas ! [flag=]eo[/flag]
Et ju posam strugisa lingo : Bonestalingu. And I have a conlang : Bonestalingu.

Return to “Conlangs”