Ylzvangwj Jyšynta / Ылзвангўй Йышынта (ON HOLD)

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators: Ashucky, Dormouse559

toogletoggle

Ylzvangwj Jyšynta / Ылзвангўй Йышынта (ON HOLD)

Postby toogletoggle » 2016-03-15, 18:10

ANNOUNCEMENT: JYŠYNTA ON HOLD. Although this is a really new thread and I just started making Jyšynta, I'm putting it on hold because I'm (already) getting bored with it , which is a shame :(. I'll come back to it someday, but for now I'm gonna work on a different conlang, called Ălæka.

So, this is a thread for my newest conlang project, Jyšynta.

Jyšynta can be written in the Latin or Cyrillic script. It's agglutinative, a priori (mostly), and has an OSV word order. That's basically all I know about it's grammar so far and I only have a few words.

Ylzvangwj means "conlang", because "yl" = "language", "zvan" = "human/person", and "gwj" = "to create/make".

The official name of Jyšynta is "Ylzvangwj Jyšynta", meaning "the Jyšynta Conlang", but native speakers would prefer to call it "Yl Jyšynta", meaning "the Jyšynta Language".

In English, it's optional to call Jyšynta "Jyshynta", "Yeshenta", "Yushunta", or any other spelling that would fit for Engish.

There are some sounds I might cut because they aren't used very often and I might not end up using a ton (like [ð, θ, ɬ~ɮ, t͡s~d͡z], etc…).

But anyways, here's the current alphabet (first the Latin letter, then its Cyrillic version, then IPA, and then any more notes there might be):

Aa Аа /a/
Bb Бб /b/
Cc Цц /t͡s~d͡z/
Čč Чч /t͡ʃ/
Dd Дд /d~d̪/
Ðð Дь дь /ð/
Ee Ее /e/
Ff Фф /f/
Gg Гг /x/
Ii Ии /i/
Jj Йй /j/ becomes /i/ after <w>
Kk Кк /k/
Ll Лл /l~ɫ/
Ll ll Ль ль /ɬ~ɮ/
Mm Мм /m/
Nn Нн /n/ becomes /ŋ/ before <k>
Oo Оо /o/
Pp Пп /p/
Rr Рр /r~ɾ/
Ss Сс /s/
Šš Шш /ʃ/
Tt Тт /t~t̪/
Þþ Ть ть /θ/
Uu Уу /u/
Vv Вв /v/
Ww Ўў /w/ on mobile you may write <уь> because you can't type <ў> (at least on iPhone)
Yy Ыы /ə~ʊ/
Zz Зз /z/

Tell me what you think! :)
Last edited by toogletoggle on 2016-03-21, 23:45, edited 9 times in total.
meow

Vlürch

Re: Ylzvangwj Jyxynta / Ылзвангуьй Йышынта

Postby Vlürch » 2016-03-16, 15:36

Based on just the phonetics, I can imagine it sounding pretty cool. And OSV? Nice. :o

Pasie

Postby Pasie » 2016-03-19, 2:24

Vlürch wrote:Based on just the phonetics, I can imagine it sounding pretty cool. And OSV? Nice. :o

Like Yoda from Star Wars! :mrgreen: Feel The Force pulling you towards continuing this conlang, and let the Unilangers be with you... Sorry, I'm really bored. :doggy:

But yeah, I agree. It'll be a really nice conlang!

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2016-03-19, 20:07

It seems like it could be interesting. It'll be cool to see more specifics as you come up with them.

One question: Why'd you choose <g> /x/? Personally, I would've used <x> and then represented /ʃ/ with <š>, which makes a neat parallel with /tʃ/ <č>.
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

toogletoggle

Postby toogletoggle » 2016-03-20, 0:39

Dormouse559 wrote:It seems like it could be interesting. It'll be cool to see more specifics as you come up with them.

Thanks!

Dormouse559 wrote:One question: Why'd you choose <g> /x/? Personally, I would've used <x> and then represented /ʃ/ with <š>, which makes a neat parallel with /tʃ/ <č>.

I might change it to that. When I came up with the orthographical representation of /x/, I was thinking a lot about Dutch orthography:/
meow

toogletoggle

Postby toogletoggle » 2016-03-20, 0:41

Vlürch wrote:Based on just the phonetics, I can imagine it sounding pretty cool. And OSV? Nice. :o

Thanks!
meow

toogletoggle

Postby toogletoggle » 2016-03-20, 0:44

Pasie wrote:

Like Yoda from Star Wars! :mrgreen: Feel The Force pulling you towards continuing this conlang, and let the Unilangers be with you... Sorry, I'm really bored. :doggy:

hahahaXD

Pasie wrote:But yeah, I agree. It'll be a really nice conlang!

Thanks!
meow

Koko

Postby Koko » 2016-03-20, 0:58

It does look really nice! I should like to see more when you can ^^

toogletoggle wrote:
Dormouse559 wrote:One question: Why'd you choose <g> /x/? Personally, I would've used <x> and then represented /ʃ/ with <š>, which makes a neat parallel with /tʃ/ <č>.

I might change it to that. When I came up with the orthographical representation of /x/, I was thinking a lot about Dutch orthography:/

I think <g> works though, afterall, that is the transliteration of the Cyrllic letter for Russian, Bulgarian, and even Ukrainian (which uses the graph for /ɦ/ in native words). I'm also froward to the idea of <x> for /x/, so if you do change it, I agree /ʃ/ be <š>, but perhaps simply opt for <h> for /x/. (but it's your conlang, so really do whatever you feel works best)

toogletoggle

Postby toogletoggle » 2016-03-20, 1:35

Koko wrote:It does look really nice! I should like to see more when you can ^^

toogletoggle wrote:

I think <g> works though, afterall, that is the transliteration of the Cyrllic letter for Russian, Bulgarian, and even Ukrainian (which uses the graph for /ɦ/ in native words). I'm also froward to the idea of <x> for /x/, so if you do change it, I agree /ʃ/ be <š>, but perhaps simply opt for <h> for /x/. (but it's your conlang, so really do whatever you feel works best)

I'll leave it for now, but I'm definitely considering changing <x> to <š>, but I think I'm probably gonna keep <g> for /x/.
meow

toogletoggle

Postby toogletoggle » 2016-03-20, 1:56

toogletoggle wrote:
Koko wrote:It does look really nice! I should like to see more when you can ^^

toogletoggle wrote:

I'll leave it for now, but I'm definitely considering changing <x> to <š>, but I think I'm probably gonna keep <g> for /x/.

Ok, I went ahead and changed it to <š>.
(and I only pressed "respond with quote" because I wanted to see this with all the different quotes...XD)
meow

toogletoggle

Re: Ylzvangwj Jyšynta / Ылзвангўй Йышынта

Postby toogletoggle » 2016-03-20, 14:51

A couple of notes I forgot to mention about Jyšynta: Like Slavic languages, it has no articles. It also has no word for "of".

I think at some point I might come up with some kind of conculture that exists on a made-up island on Earth. That could explain why it uses Latin and Cyrillic orthographies.
meow

Return to “Conlangs”