[EDIT] Ftahka - a language experiment

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators:Ashucky, Dormouse559

nikolorien
[EDIT] Ftahka - a language experiment

Postby nikolorien » 2015-09-27, 14:51

Hi to all, I am completely new to this forum! I am a student of linguistic mediation in Rome, and I am 20.
I found it very interesting, because I just started writing a blog where everybody can contribute in developing this language. I won't post any link for now, because I did not understand whether I am forbidden to or not (please clarify me this point!).
However, I tried to evolve this linguistic system in the most natural way possible. I did not start creating out of nothing flection tables, declensions etc.. I just took my Arabic conversation book and followed the conversational scenarios proposed, trying to figure out words and sentences with the help of some colleagues, and just when some conversations had been made up I catched up with theorizing a grammar (which, currently, is very simple).
I wanted to share this work with others: I think that more people joining this project means a quicker evolutions of Ftahka*: more ideas, more languages which to draw words and strategies from!
I shall post the presentation thread of my blog:

[EDIT]
OK, I've decided to add the first dialog of the first unit of the conversation book of Ftahka*, in union with the alphabet, in order to give a clearer idea about Ftahka :)

---------

ALPHABETH
Aa /a/
Bb /b/
Kk /k/
Dd /d/
Ee /e/ or /ε/ borrowed from Italian/Spanish
Ff /f/
Gg /g/ borrowed from German
Hh /h/ [h] borrowed from English; [ħ] borrowed from Arabic
Ii /i/
Jj /ʒ/ borrowed from french
Ll /l/
Mm /m/
Nn /n/
Oo /o/ or /ɔ/ borrowed from Italian/spanish
Pp /p/
Qq /q/ borrowed from Arabic
Rr /r/ borrowed from Italian
Ss /s/ borrowed from Spanish
Tt /t/
Uu /u/
Vv /v/
Ww /w/
Xx /ks/
Yy /j/
Zz /z/ borrowed from Arabic
‘ ‘ /ə/ borrowed from Napoletan

Digrams:
Gh gh /ɣ/ borrowed from Modern Greek and Arabic

Examples:
<feyn> /fʔ.’εjn/
<dought> /do.’ʔuɣt/
<hawls> /hawls/
<qat’r> /’qa.tər/
<Yuryi> /’jur.ji/
<aim> /’a.ʔim/
<Ufizyeli> /u.fi.’zjε.li/

KAPT’R 1 – Halo!
DYALOG 1

- Halo Maria. Hello Maria!
• Halo Hans! Vii ge’s l’t? Hello Hans, how are you?
- ‘s ge ghot, denke! W’ l’t? I'm good, and you?
• ‘s ge raom! Vass namst ten Amik? I'm very good, thanks! What's your friend's name?
- Men Amik namst Giorgio. ‘h komm fItalia. My friend's name is Giorgio. He comes from Italy!
• Gehubb Giorgio. Nice to meet you Giorgio!
> Gehubb l’m, Hans. Maria getakell kter am ’t. Nice to meet you, too, Hans. Maria told me a lot about you
• Fayya Zivita komm ‘t? What city are you from?
> ‘m fRome, b’s laq sak vFirents. I'm am from Rome, but now I live in Florence
- Firents Zivita helya kter! Florence is a beautiful city indeed!
> E, b’s klaynya kemon, ‘m fedd’l Roman. W’ feyn ‘t Hans? Yes, but it's also small, I prefer Rome. And you, whare are you from?
• ‘m fGermania, fBerlayn I'm from Germany, from Berlin.
- U’m fIsbania, fBarzelona. And I am from Spain, from Barcelona
> Vass did ‘t Maria vOm’r? What do you do in your life, Maria?
- ‘m studir vUniversitetye Barzelonya. ‘m Studirka Yuryi. I study at Barcelona's University. I'm a student
> ‘m studir vUniversitetye Romye. ‘m Studirek Leteraturye inglizya. U vass studir ‘t Hans? I study at Rome's University. I'm a student of English Literature. And what do you study, Hans?
• ‘m mu studir, ’m trevall vBanki. I don't study, I work at the Bank.

Ex. 1 Èmp’l di tulbken Answer the questions

Vo Who trevall vBanki?
Vo komm fItalia?
Hal Giorgio Amik Hansi?
Vass What studir Maria?
Feyn *From where komm Hans?

[END OF EDITING]

It is a project which anyone can collaborate to!
Is anybody interested in seeing the progresses up to now?
Last edited by nikolorien on 2015-09-27, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

Koko

Re: Kenlog - a language experiment

Postby Koko » 2015-09-27, 17:36

Benvenuto al forum!

Mi piacerebbe tanto vedere l'avanzamento della t lingua artificiale! ^^ Dividilo con noi, per favore!
I would love to see your conlang's progress! Do share, please!

PS: If I weren't already working on Isyan (my main conlang) and Narumi (a colab), I'd consider also joining Ftahka ^^ It looks really nice. (also, love the [ħ], nice touch :mrgreen: )

Return to “Conlangs”