What do you think of my writing system

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators:Ashucky, Dormouse559

Sebastian.S.R
What do you think of my writing system

Postby Sebastian.S.R » 2015-08-18, 2:56

I made this abugida for my second conlang. I was just wondering what you guys think :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On ne voit bien qu’avec le coeur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

WallOfStuff

Re: What do you think of my writing system

Postby WallOfStuff » 2015-08-18, 4:00

Yay first reply!

Anyway, I think it's really awesome looking. One of the best conscripts I've ever seen. Most don't look right to me. It looks like it could sorta be a natscript... is it based off anything?

Though I am confused on how to read it... it doesn't seem straightforward to me. Care to explain?

As well, the transliteration of the conlang caught my interest. Have a separate topic on that?

I can imagine, if this was used for an actual language, people having a hard time learning it, but, then again, a lot of natscripts in common use are that way too. :P

Sebastian.S.R

Postby Sebastian.S.R » 2015-08-18, 6:01

WallOfStuff wrote:Yay first reply!

Anyway, I think it's really awesome looking. One of the best conscripts I've ever seen. Most don't look right to me. It looks like it could sorta be a natscript... is it based off anything?

Though I am confused on how to read it... it doesn't seem straightforward to me. Care to explain?

As well, the transliteration of the conlang caught my interest. Have a separate topic on that?

I can imagine, if this was used for an actual language, people having a hard time learning it, but, then again, a lot of natscripts in common use are that way too. :P

Thank you :D. I attempted to base it on Drutsa Tibetan script, but it turned out less uniform. So, how to read it. It's an abugida/alphasyllabary, so the vowels are attached to the consonants.

IMG_5124.JPG

If you look at the top one, (not sure why it's sideways) you can see the [m] first, and then the [a] on top of it, and the the [r], and then the [t] with the [o] below etc.

Also, what do you find interesting about transliteration?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WallOfStuff

Postby WallOfStuff » 2015-08-18, 6:48

Sebastian.S.R wrote:Thank you :D. I attempted to base it on Drutsa Tibetan script, but it turned out less uniform. So, how to read it. It's an abugida/alphasyllabary, so the vowels are attached to the consonants.

IMG_5124.JPG

If you look at the top one, (not sure why it's sideways) you can see the [m] first, and then the [a] on top of it, and the the [r], and then the [t] with the [o] below etc.

Also, what do you find interesting about transliteration?
Ah okay. Still a little confusing for me, but, then again, it's almost 3 A.M. and I need sleep. x_x I'll take another look tomorrow.

And it just seems like a cool sounding language... is it based off anything? I don't recognize it.

Sebastian.S.R

Postby Sebastian.S.R » 2015-08-18, 7:09

WallOfStuff wrote:Ah okay. Still a little confusing for me, but, then again, it's almost 3 A.M. and I need sleep. x_x I'll take another look tomorrow.

And it just seems like a cool sounding language... is it based off anything? I don't recognize it.

I based the sounds off of tibetan again, but I removed some sounds and added a guttural stop. It's (C)(L)V(L).

Do you have any consciptss?

WallOfStuff

Postby WallOfStuff » 2015-08-21, 0:32

Sebastian.S.R wrote:
WallOfStuff wrote:Ah okay. Still a little confusing for me, but, then again, it's almost 3 A.M. and I need sleep. x_x I'll take another look tomorrow.

I based the sounds off of tibetan again, but I removed some sounds and added a guttural stop. It's (C)(L)V(L).

Do you have any consciptss?
I've tried in the past. I made one or two that I thought looked good, but I'm overly critical of myself. Not as good as yours or other people's I've seen. I'm about to make another conlang once I have time. I'll see what I can conjure up.

And ah ok. Is the grammar and words based on anything?

Sebastian.S.R

Postby Sebastian.S.R » 2015-08-21, 5:41

[/quote]I've tried in the past. I made one or two that I thought looked good, but I'm overly critical of myself. Not as good as yours or other people's I've seen. I'm about to make another conlang once I have time. I'll see what I can conjure up.

And ah ok. Is the grammar and words based on anything?[/quote]

For words I usually use Zompist.com's word generator until I get enough to start making derivations. I usually don't base them off of languages as I'm also making a conworld and don't really want them to resemble any earthly words.

For the grammar, I'm not entirely decided. I'm trying to decide if I should make it fusional (based off french) or analytic (based off vietnamese). What you see there is the beginnings of a fusional grammar, but I think I'm leaning more towards analytic right now. It'll probably have a few cases, because I absolutely love them, but I want to see if I can make do with prepositions in their stead.

Return to “Conlangs”